(Minghui.org) I am a 76-year old Falun Dafa practitioner, and a retired elementary school teacher from Beijing.

Days of Sickness and Pain

My father was an underground Communist Party member, before the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) took power, and was later a senior police officer for the regime. Therefore, I was thoroughly influenced by the ideology of atheism while growing up.

Swept away by the grandeur painted by the CCP's propaganda, myself and other like-minded school-age children, left the classroom, trading the chance of a formal education for the glory of the country, and went to the countryside, dreaming of becoming the legitimate heirs of the so-called Great Revolution.

In 1963, I joined the first batch of youths from Beijing to be volunteers to go and work in the Great Northern Wilderness.

We saw this as a glorious new beginning for China, but the reality of Communism is really treacherous. My father was wrongly accused during the Cultural Revolution. He was picked on and abused, and I was labeled a “bad element,” listed under the category of “children of counter-revolutionaries.” Nobody dared to get close to me.

I felt wronged, aggrieved and resentful, and came down with a number of illnesses.

After the 10-year long Cultural Revolution, at the age of almost 30, my father was finally vindicated, but my illnesses remained. I ended up needing medical treatment every day, but nothing could cure me.

Experiencing Qigong and Then Finding Falun Dafa

I left the Great Northern Wilderness after 23 years, and returned to Beijing in 1986 to become an elementary school teacher.

By the time I retired in 1996 my body was riddled with so many incurable illnesses. I was in a desperate situation.

Qigong had become very popular in China by then, and my father told me of a teacher in my school who was a qigong master and capable of healing illnesses.

I went to see this qigong master and sobbed out my story. He listened without saying a word. After a while, I felt a dark substance that had been pressing down on me was gone. My head became clear and my chest felt light.

The experience opened my eyes, and after two to three sessions, I was able to return to work.

I thought that qigong was wonderful and wanted to learn it, but the qigong master wouldn't teach me. I went in search of other qigong masters and attended many qigong classes, but after having spent a lot of money, I was still getting nowhere.

My father heard about another qigong master with superb skill in 1996. I ended up inviting her and her two disciples to my home, providing them with food and lodging. I even helped her hold a few classes and paid all of the fees.

I wanted to be her disciple, but she refused to take me on. Her disciples even pleaded for me, but she wouldn't relent. I found out later that it was because she could see that I would soon die from a car accident. She told my father, “You daughter has a great disaster looming, but I can't save her.”

A neighbor gave me a book called Falun Gong one day. The qigong master, who was present at the time, asked to see the book. She glanced through it quickly, then left with the book.

She returned the book to me two months later, and said, “I never usually read qigong books, but I read this one from beginning to end without missing a single word.”

I later got hold of another book called Zhuan Falun by the same author. I started practicing Falun Dafa and felt my health get better and better. I studied the Fa and did the exercises every day.

Spreading the Miraculous Power of Dafa Far and Wide

Some practitioners and I went all over to let people know about Dafa in 1998 and witnessed many miracles.

Below are a few examples.

Many elderly illiterate women who farmed the land were eventually able to read through all of Zhuan Falun.

A number of people who had been laid up in bed for many years with long-term illnesses recovered quickly after doing the Falun Dafa exercises.

Many in-laws mended their relationships with their daughter-in-laws after learning Falun Dafa, with some even being invited to live with their children’s families.

An elderly lady from Northeast China who had taken up smoking at a young age and became a chain smoker, quit after the first day of learning Falun Dafa, setting an example for her son-in-law who also quit.

A teacher in my school took her very ill mother home. The elderly woman watched Master Li’s (the founder) lectures on video for several days and was able to sit up in bed. She was eventually able to get out of bed and do the exercises. She soon recovered.

Another teacher’s illiterate mother was on the brink of death due to her illness. After practicing Falun Dafa, she not only recovered, but was also able to read through Zhuan Falun. Her white hair even began to turn black.

There was a school nurse whose Korean mother had colon cancer. Her cancer worsened to the point where she could only lie in bed, with her eyes closed, not making a sound. Her daughter was very worried.

The daughter knew of other elderly woman who had recovered from various illnesses by practicing Falun Dafa, so she bought all of the Dafa books and lectures to read to her mother.

When her mother got well enough, she took her to the practice site. Very soon, her cancer had disappeared.

Such miracles are abound.

Sadly, after the persecution of Falun Dafa started in 1999, some of these elderly women became fearful of the authorities and stopped practicing. One after another, they experienced relapses in their health, and one after another, they passed away.

Theses tragedies were caused by the Communist regime.

Dafa Saved Me from a Near Fatal Accident

Three days before the Chinese New Year in 1998, my husband and I went shopping on our bicycles.

I fell off my bicycle, and was run over by a car before I could get up. The car finally stopped at a far distance. Three people got out, ran over, and wanted to take me to the hospital!

My husband is also a Falun Dafa practitioner who follows Master’s teaching to think of others first. He said, “It’s okay. You can leave.” He didn't want to create trouble for them.

However, they didn’t leave, so my husband told them calmly, “This is my wife. She’s okay. You may leave.”

My breath had returned sufficiently, so I told them, “I’m okay. You can go.”

Many people had gathered around. One man questioned in surprise, “Why won’t the old lady go to the hospital for a checkup?”

I smiled, but didn’t reply.

Afterwards, I regretted that I didn’t explain to the people there that I practice Falun Dafa, and my Master will take care of me.

My husband helped me up, and we pushed our bikes home.

He kept staring at me on the way home and asked if I was OK, because I didn't look good at all. I started to feel as if there was a problem with every bone in my body. I then found walking was difficult.

With my husband’s encouragement, I managed to walk almost two miles to make it home, and even walked up three flights of stairs to our apartment.

After I had a drink of water, I went straight to the bedroom. I sat down on the bed and felt that I couldn’t move any more.

My husband had to work that evening. It was close to the Chinese New Year, and most employees in the unit had already requested leave, even the supervisors were gone, but my practitioner husband put others interests first and so decided to work.

He put the water bottle and telephone within my reach, telling me to call him if I needed anything. Then he left for work.

I tried to lie down but I couldn’t bend my body. I held my breath, bit down on my teeth, and threw myself on the bed. I was in so much pain that I let out a few uncontrollable groaning screams.

The pain was unbearable. I pushed myself off the bed and struggled to sit up. I took a few sips of water, panting all the while.

I couldn’t sit still, so I got up and slowly walked to another room. I tried to lie down again. I rested for a bit trying to endure the pain while catching my breath. I pushed myself up in a sitting position again, and seconds later, I threw up all over the floor.

My daughter-in-law dropped by the next morning, and saw me sitting on the bed with my face bloodied and the floor stained with vomit. She asked me what happened. I didn’t tell her much, but assured her that I was okay.

My daughter-in-law cleaned up and called my son, who showed up shortly after. They tried to persuade me to go to the hospital, but I refused. They didn’t insist.

When other practitioners found out, they all came over to visit.

I didn’t eat for three days and only drank water. On the fourth day, my son made me some noodles. I ate a whole bowl, but soon threw it all up. I then realized that Master was purifying my body.

From that day on, I was able to eat normally again.

My entire spine was compressed from the accident. I have a friend from the Northern Great Wilderness who injured his neck when he fell while cleaning windows. He was paralyzed for over 20 years, but I could walk and move about normally after my accident.

According to a doctor, who is also a practitioner, not only was my spine compressed, but my sixth, seventh and eighth ribs were fractured, and my left shoulder blade was cracked. Yet, I was able to walk almost two miles to get home. Master protected me. That was truly a miracle!

I persisted in listening to Master’s lectures in the days that followed, and felt better each day. I could breathe a lot easier. On the eight day, a practitioner checked my back, and exclaimed, “Your spine has straightened out!”

When other people came to visit me, they were all amazed at the daily progress of my recovery.

Fellow practitioners started a small exercise and Fa study site in my apartment, to further speed up my recovery. While we were studying the Fa one day, I felt a pair of large hands grab my shoulders, pulling them upwards. I had to hang on to the edge of the table to keep my balance. The others stared at me in bewilderment.

The next day, both my shoulders were leveled out.

Practitioners remarked another time, “Why is your body making little crackling noises?” We realized it was Master fixing my broken bones.

I was able to walk downstairs a month later, and joined an all-day outing three months later. I climbed mountains, jumped across streams and even climbed up a tree to take pictures.

I was able to recover from such a serious accident without any medical attention because I practice Falun Dafa. I'm sure I would have died otherwise.

Many friends, colleagues, relatives and neighbors witnessed Dafa’s miracle and also started practicing.