(Minghui.org) Ms. Zhang Huafen died in March 2015 due to persecution. Her sister, Ms. Zhang Huaxiang, immediately filed a wrongful death complaint against Jiang Zemin, the former leader of Chinese Communist Party (CCP) who launched the persecution of Falun Gong.

Over a dozen police officers from Henan Provincial Police Department, Xuchang City Police Department, and Nanguan Police Station ransacked Ms. Zhang's home due to her action of suing Jiang Zemin on April 29, 2016. She was held in Xuchang City Detention Center for 16 days.

Ms. Zhang Huaxiang's Criminal Complaint of Her Sister's Death

My sister is Zhang Huafen. She was only 45-years-old when she passed away. She was an employee of Xuchang Tobacco Company. Huafen had been in poor health and unsociable before learning Falun Gong. She then became healthy and positive as a result of the practice. She was also an excellent employee and had a happy family.

Jiang Zemin, the former leader of the CCP, launched the persecution of Falun Gong in July 1999. As a result, my sister lost her job, family, and life during this brutal campaign.

My sister’s home was ransacked several times by the police, and her phone was monitored.

Huafen had been detained for 15 days at the city detention center in June 2000.

She was then sent to a brainwashing center for one week in June 2001.

She had also been held at the county detention center where Miao Zhongkai, the head of the Xuchang City 610 Office, slapped her in 2002.

The Xuchang Tobacco Company was afraid that they would be implicated by her practicing Falun Gong and forced her to write a repentance statement in March 2003. They threatened her with the loss of her job and was told her family members would be suspended from their jobs in an attempt to force her to give up her belief.

When she came home, her husband argued with her often and was afraid he would lose his job. Finally, my sister could not bear all the pressures and left home without letting anyone know her whereabouts.

Her disappearance brought great pain to my family. My mother cried every day, and my sister's employer demanded that we go out to search for her and report to them daily. The telephone of our siblings' homes were monitored. The police even drove around broadcasting that my sister was wanted on the vehicle's loudspeakers.

We were under great pressure, especially my mother. She had a stroke after the second year of my sister's disappearance and could no longer take care of herself. We were heavily burdened with worries and finances.

It was hard for my sister also. She did not have any identification and just survived by working part-time here and there. She missed my mother and her son, but she could not return home. Under extreme mental stress, she had a stroke also. Without any money for treatment, she became worse and ended up coming home.

We took her to the hospital for treatment, and on the second day, the police arrived with an arrest warrant.

My sister's husband was afraid to be implicated and refused to see my sister or spend any money for her treatment. When my sister was out of the hospital, he refused to let her go home and filed for a divorce in March 2013.

My sister's son was poisoned by the Chinese regime's propaganda. Therefore, he blamed her for causing obstacles to his career.

Friends and family members were also afraid to visit my sister. My aunts visited her twice and were reported to the local Political and Legal Affairs Committee for contacting a Falun Gong practitioner.

The police also demanded that my brother escort my sister to the police department frequently for interrogation. My sister had difficulty going by herself due to the stroke. Her mind was unclear due to the illness and the pressure. Sometimes, she responded slowly to the questions. Then she was forced to go again the next day.

The police did not leave her alone even during my mother's funeral.

My sister forced herself to go with my brother to the police department and the Procuratorate to be ridiculed repeatedly.

The prosecutor handed my sister a prosecution notice in November 2013 and said, “Your case is not over. The police will search your home. You need to cooperate with them at all times.”

She passed away in March 2014 under extreme duress. She was only 45-years-old.

My sister was simple and kind and followed the principles of Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance. She worked diligently and was praised by her superiors. She was also well liked by people around her. But she suffered so much for practicing Falun Gong.

In fact, the two caretakers we hired for her left without a word due to the CCP's propaganda against Falun Gong. As a result, we found out my sister passed away two days later.

The tragedy of my sister's death is the result of Jiang Zemin's order to persecute Falun Gong. I want to appeal to the Supreme People's Court and Supreme People's Procuratorate and demand that Jiang Zemin be brought to justice and that the CCP redress the grievances of people like my sister.


In 1999, Jiang Zemin, as head of the Chinese Communist Party, overrode other Politburo standing committee members and launched the violent suppression of Falun Gong.

The persecution has led to the deaths of many Falun Gong practitioners in the past 16 years. More have been tortured for their belief and even killed for their organs. Jiang Zemin is directly responsible for the inception and continuation of the brutal persecution.

Under his personal direction, the Chinese Communist Party established an extralegal security organ, the “610 Office,” on June 10, 1999. The organization overrides police forces and the judicial system in carrying out Jiang's directive regarding Falun Gong: to ruin their reputations, cut off their financial resources, and destroy them physically.

Chinese law allows for citizens to be plaintiffs in criminal cases, and many practitioners are now exercising that right to file criminal complaints against the former dictator.