(Minghui.org) I used to be a forest police officer and won an award for being an “Excellent Police Officer.” I followed the principles of Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance and was respected by my managers, colleagues, and Tibetan workers. However, I was persecuted for my belief in Falun Dafa.

Recovered from Illnesses

My father passed away in 1996. This was a big blow to my mother, and her ill health worsened over time.

One of my mother's former classmates asked her to practice Falun Dafa. She did and was amazed when her health improved greatly within a short time after she began. It was not long before she had completely recovered from all of her illnesses.

As a doctor, my mother never dreamed that Falun Dafa could give her back good health, while modern medications could not.

Answers to Life's Questions

Inspired by her recovery, I, too, started to practice Falun Dafa. I read Zhuan Falun which provided the answers to many of my questions about life.

I used to suffer from severe bronchitis. Chinese and Western medicine could only relieve my symptoms but could not cure my illness. After I began to practice Falun Dafa, my condition seemed to worsen. However, I believed that Master Li Hongzhi (the founder) was cleansing my body and thus I did not take any medication. Five days later, all my symptoms disappeared for good.

Seeing the dramatic improvement in my health, my wife and daughter started to practice Falun Dafa. Our whole family benefited greatly from the practice and we lived a happy life.

Persecuted for Practicing Falun Dafa

After Jiang Zemin, the former Chinese dictator, launched the persecution of Falun Dafa on July 20, 1999 my wife, our 9-year-old daughter, and I went to the Petition Office in Beijing to seek justice for Dafa but we were arrested and taken back to our hometown.

I was detained for a month in a county detention center and then transferred to another center, where I was held for another month. After that I was held for another month in a brainwashing center.

I was demoted and forced to work on a farm located high up on a mountain. It was an inaccessible and a dangerous place to work, and I was only paid a living allowance.

One day there was a slanderous slogan against Falun Dafa in the dining room of the forest farm. I removed it. I would often speak to my fellow workers about Falun Dafa and the persecution.

A forest police officer told me in January 2001 about the Tiananmen Square Self-immolation incident. I told him that Falun Dafa practitioners would not commit suicide because our Teacher teaches us that killing and committing suicide are sins.

After listening to such lies, I decided go to Beijing to appeal for justice for Falun Dafa, but I was arrested before I got there.

Xinhuan Forced Labor Camp: Experiencing Master's Protection

When I was incarcerated in Xinhua Forced Labor Camp, I closed my eyes to rest. Four strong inmates thought that I was doing the Falun Dafa meditation. They pinned me to a wall and punched me in the chest. Instantly I felt dizzy, my face twitched, and I almost passed out.

Mr. Li Chunshan, a practitioner, was forced to stand for a long time after he tried to stop a guard from slandering Falun Dafa in October 2002. I told the practitioner that he had done the right thing and I spoke up for him in a meeting. 

Several inmates then dragged me out of the meeting. They pushed me down, tore off my clothes, and stepped on my face. Then they tied me up with ropes. I felt that Master's hand had touched my waist and I felt very comfortable. I did not feel any pain from being tied so tightly.

Once a guard shocked my chest with an electric baton. He asked me repeatedly if I was wrong. Each time I replied “No.” Then the electric baton shocked the guard instead.

This guard forced me to stand from the early morning hours until midnight every day. I would not give up Dafa. I felt like I was floating in the air and I could even sleep while standing.

Xinhua Detention Center: The Power of Dafa Gave Me Confidence and Strength

While I was detained in the Xinhua detention center, I refused to take a test because some of the questions attacked Falun Dafa.

Inmates dragged me into an office and tied me up. The rope broke. They used a thicker one, and the rope cut deep into my flesh. Half an hour later they untied me. I was full of bloody rope prints. It was very painful.

They then took me to another cell and called in more inmates to monitor me. That night I heard a sound from my body. I was surprised to see that the rope bruises were healing and actually making noises. The deep rope bruises were instantly healed! I was greatly encouraged. Actually, Master has been with me and taking care of me the entire time.

With Master's compassionate protection, I was able to endure the difficult times in the detention center and in the forced labor camp. The power of Falun Dafa gave me confidence and strength to withstand the persecution.