Unexpected Car Accident

I was riding my electric bike home from work on the morning of October 9, 2009 when I collided head-on with a car heading in the opposite direction. I recall hearing a "boom" from the collision before I passed out.

I regained consciousness after a few minutes and managed to call my husband on my cell phone. I told him I was in an accident and asked him to come and take me home. My husband reached my side 40 minutes later. When he saw my condition, he was deeply concerned and asked if I would go to the hospital. I reassured him: “I am all right. I cultivate Falun Dafa, so you should trust my judgment.”

The 19-year-old driver of the other car was visibly shaken. He pleaded with me to seek medical help. “Auntie, please go to the hospital!”

I reassured him that I'd be fine. He told my husband, “I called the ambulance and they came, but she refused to go to the hospital. She told the emergency personnel not to touch her. Unable to persuade her, the ambulance left; she fainted again soon after.”

Returning Home, and Clarifying the Truth

Shocked and worried about my condition, my husband asked me again if I would please go to the hospital. I insisted I was fine and just wanted to return home.

Still, I was unable to move or balance on my own due to dizziness, leg pains, and serious contusions to my arms and back. Riding on the back of his motorcycle was out of the question, so my husband asked the teenage driver to take us home.

Once home, I made my way to my bed and collapsed in a faint. I woke up a while later and both my husband and the driver again tried to convince me to go to the hospital. The driver was very worried and asked me to sign an indemnity letter absolving him of responsibility for the accident. I knew that there was nothing wrong with me, so I signed the letter and then took the opportunity to clarify the truth to him. I told him, “I practice Falun Dafa. If I was not a cultivator of Falun Dafa, I would have agreed to go to the hospital, and you would have to foot the hefty medical bills.”

“Thank you auntie, you are a good person,” he replied. “But I still worry for your life as you were hit hard in the collision.” I reassured him and admonished him to pay more attention while driving. I asked him to recite the phrase, “Falun Dafa is good; Truthfulness- Compassion-Forbearance is good” often. He agreed and then tried to give me some cash for my medical expenses before leaving. I refused his offer but he insisted and left the money before rushing out of the house.

He was gone and I was unable to return the money, so I decided to use his money to save more sentient beings. As soon as I had that thought, the swollen lumps on the back of my head and arms instantly disappeared.

Worsening Condition, Unconditional Support from Fellow Practitioners

I passed out again soon after the driver left. Afraid for my life, my husband forcibly woke me up. He asked if I knew who he was. I replied, “Of course I know who you are. We are family! Please call my husband. His is the first number on our speed dial.”

My husband panicked upon hearing my delirious answer. I told him, “Quickly, teach me the Fa-rectification verses for sending forth righteous thoughts. I can’t remember them.” My husband taught me the verses word by word. He persisted for half-an-hour until my speech suddenly began to slur. At that point he decided to call fellow practitioners for help.

My husband called a practitioner then handed the phone to me. Since I wanted to speak clearly, my words were fluent and clear as if I suffered no repercussions from the accident. I described my situation and asked if she could help. She immediately contacted another practitioner and both reached my home an hour later. Together, we sent forth righteous thoughts for more than an hour. As my condition remained good during that entire time, both of them felt reassured enough to return home.

Another practitioner came to visit a few hours later. To my surprise, I found I was not able to hold my head up. My head felt disconnected from my body. I recounted my experience to this practitioner while using my hand to support my head. I asked the practitioner to check my legs and she said, “Your legs are so swollen they look deformed.” I remained unafraid and reassured her that this condition would resolve soon. She offered to take care of me for the next day and persuaded my husband to go to work.

Complete Recovery Through Perseverance in Cultivation

We studied the Fa and sent forth righteous thoughts for a long time. I was determined to sit upright while studying the Fa and managed to accomplish this by leaning against the wall while supporting my head with my hand. Just before my daughter returned home from school, the practitioner went to our kitchen to prepare lunch for her. I was deeply moved by her actions and considered myself fortunate to receive so much support. I became more determined to overcome this tribulation.

While the practitioner was busy in the kitchen, I forced myself to stand up and practice the first, third, and fourth sets of exercises. Although my legs and neck were in excruciating pain, I persevered, silently promising Master to overcome this tribulation. My whole body was covered in sweat after completing the exercises, but my legs had recovered enough for me to move freely. With this improvement, I was able to persuade the practitioner to return home in the afternoon.

I started practicing the second set of exercises after lunch. While practicing the exercise, I felt a force pinching my neck and heard a series of cracking noises. Soon after, my neck felt much better. After finishing the exercise I studied the Fa until evening.

A few other practitioners came to visit me that evening and together we watched a video recording of Master conducting a lecture. Although I was feeling extremely exhausted, I refused to lie down and sat on the floor cross-legged in the lotus position for over an hour, all the while supporting my neck with my hand. Fellow practitioners also sent forth righteous thoughts with me. I thanked them for taking the time to study the Fa with me.

After they left, I discovered my neck was able to support my head, and my legs felt less painful. I continued to persevere with righteous thoughts and Fa study throughout the night.

On the third day, I studied the Fa and did the exercises as normal before heading to work at 4 p.m. in the afternoon. My concerned colleagues tried to persuade me to return home to rest, but I assured them that I would be fine and persisted to carry out my duties at work. Four days after the accident, I returned home from work after having completed the night shift and fell into a deep sleep. I woke up several hours later and found my neck had fully recovered. My legs were back to normal a few days later.

Appreciation and Gratitude

As I was undergoing this ordeal, my friends came to visit in droves. They brought cash and get-well gifts for me. I donated the money to our local materials production site in hopes that this could help save more sentient beings.

My perseverance in cultivation, righteous thoughts, and trust in Master and the Fa all helped me to overcome this life threatening tribulation. This experience taught me to especially appreciate Master’s words:

“When disciples have ample righteous thoughtsMaster has the power to turn back the tide”(“The Master-Disciple Bond” in Hong Yin Vol. II)

Thanks to the unconditional support from fellow practitioners and the compassionate protection from Master, I was able to overcome this difficult tribulation.