(Minghui.org) A man who once had sepsis and was declared incurable by his doctor decided to put his faith in Falun Dafa. A week later, he was able to eat and walk. He no longer needed the coffin his wife had prepared for him. He shared his experience with others, many of whom later learned Falun Dafa as well.

Below is his story.

From Near Death to Perfect Health

I was diagnosed with sepsis in 2011. The doctor said that the only way to prolong my life was to have a blood transfusion, but he warned me that even if I could afford it, I would still die soon. He sent me home and advised me to spend my remaining days with my family. A few days later, I could no longer eat or drink, nor did I have the energy to speak.

Near the end of the year, my wife went to have a casket made for me. On her way home, she ran into a friend. The friend, seeing that I was horribly swollen and could barely breathe, told me that my last chance to live was Falun Dafa. She told me to recite sincerely, “Falun Dafa is good, Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance is good.”

I was suspicious at first but thought that I’d give it a try, since I had nothing to lose. I repeated what she told me night and day. Several days later, I was able to sit up, eat, and drink. A few days later, I was walking slowly.

I went to thank the friend who had told me about Falun Dafa. When people who knew me saw me, they were shocked, because they thought I should have been dead by then. My wife’s friend was so happy for me that she got me a copy of Zhuan Falun, the main book of Falun Dafa.

I finished reading the book as soon as I could. I had practiced Buddhism for ten years in the past, but it wasn’t until then that I realized that I had no idea what cultivation and the true purpose of life were. I had found my answers at last.

From then on, I studied the teachings every day. Six months later, I began to do the Falun Dafa exercises, and my health continued to improve. For about 20 days, I had diarrhea every day and lost a lot of water. I was no longer swollen. My family members were so amazed that they became practitioners, too.

One day, I suddenly had a severe nosebleed. When I tried to stop up my nose, blood came spurting out of my mouth. My wife was terrified, but I felt very calm, as I knew that the practice was further helping with my health. The bleeding stopped after I’d collected half a bucket of blood. I wasn’t dizzy at all and continued to do the work I did. The same thing happened seven times in the next two years. The last time I had a nosebleed was in 2014, and since then my sepsis has been gone.

I knew that the practice had restored my health and saved my life.

Telling the Police and Guards About Falun Dafa

When the Chinese regime began to persecute Falun Dafa in 1999, I decided that I should go out and tell others the facts behind the persecution and the benefits of the practice. One day I was giving out Falun Dafa fliers and was arrested. I told them what had happened to me and about the government's propaganda. They released me the same day.

Nine months later, the police arrested me and another practitioner as we were giving out Falun Dafa fliers. We were put in a detention center. I happened to have some cake with me that I had bought that day. Over the next 20 days, I ate nothing but that cake. The other practitioner went on a hunger strike for 11 days to protest the unlawful arrest.

Neither of us had any physical discomfort. The guards and other detainees were in disbelief after seeing what had happened to us. They listened to us explain the facts about Falun Dafa and agreed with us. Over 40 detainees and a dozen guards decided to quit the Chinese Communist Party and its affiliated organizations to show their disapproval of the persecution.

When we were being released, the chief of the detention center came to tell us that, if other Falun Dafa practitioners were ever sent there, “I will treat them well. Falun Dafa is indeed good.”