(Minghui.org) A 60-year-woman from Xi'an City was taken into custody again after her husband reported her to the 610 Office for her continued practice of Falun Gong.

Ms. He Qiuling has been repeatedly detained since the Chinese communist regime launched the persecution of Falun Gong 17 years ago. An extra-legal agency tasked with eradicating Falun Gong, the 610 Office was responsible for Ms. He's multiple arrests.

Although the couple was on good terms for many years, her husband, Liu Heping, turned against her. He not only beat her up in private, but assaulted her every time the police and 610 Office staff came to arrest her.

Most recently, Liu called the 610 Office to complain about his wife's refusal to give up the practice and her involvement in activities exposing the persecution of Falun Gong. He reported that she used all her money to make and distribute materials about Falun Gong. He also turned in her Falun Gong materials to the police.

Ms. He remains detained since her latest arrest on January 28, 2016.

Physical Persecution

Ms. He went to Beijing to speak out for Falun Gong in December 1999. She was taken back to Shaanxi Province and detained in the Yanta District Detention Center in Xi’an for 15 days.

She was closely watched and followed thereafter. She went to Beijing again on July 20, 2000, after her home was ransacked. Beijing police arrested and tortured her in an outlying detention center, where she was handcuffed and hung up for half a day.

Ms. He was taken back next day to the Yanta District Detention Center, where she was shackled with heavy chains for six days straight. Three months later, she was given one year of forced labor.

In Shaanxi Women's Forced Labor Camp, Ms. He was followed by two drug addict inmates around the clock. She had to get approval to eat, sleep, or use the restroom. She was not allowed to talk to other practitioners, study the Falun Gong teachings, or do the exercises. The guards made her stand for three days and held her for another three months beyond the original term for doing the Falun Gong exercises.

Then she was taken directly to Lintong Brainwashing Center to be “transformed” for an additional five and a half months.

When the National People's Congress and National Political Consultative Conference were meeting in March 2003, Xiying Police Station officers raided Ms. He's home, arrested her, and took her to the Changan County Brainwashing Center. When she went on a hunger strike to protest, she was tied to a bed and force-fed. She was held for three and a half months.

Yanta District Police Station officers arrested her again in July 2004 and took her to the Yanta District Detention Center. When she went on a hunger strike, they took her to a mental hospital and injected her with nerve-damaging drugs. She was incarcerated for two and a half months.

During the Olympics in August 2008, the same officers arrested her again and took her to Changan County Brainwashing Center.

On June 9, 2011, Ms. He was arrested and taken to Xuanpingyuan Brainwashing Center for clarifying the facts about Falun Gong. Her home was also ransacked. Two months later, she was again sent to Shaanxi Women's Forced Labor Camp for a year.

When Ms. He was released on August 8, 2012, the camp illegally sent her back to Xuanpingyuan Brainwashing Center. Three months later, in November, she was transferred to another brainwashing center until December 2012.

Financial Persecution

Ms. He used to worked for Taiyang Food Group in Xi’an City. She did not get a raise for six years between 2000 and 2006 because she practiced Falun Gong. As a result, her retirement pension was the lowest in her income group.

Her wages were suspended for 20 months when she was incarcerated in the forced labor camp in 2000. The Changan County Brainwashing Center deducted money from her monthly salary to pay 3,500 yuan in “expenses” to cover her three and a half months of detention in 2003. The deduction continued many years because of her low wages.

Benefits from Falun Gong

Ms. He started practicing Falun Gong in 1996 and became much more considerate and kind. She took care of her husband's grandmother and stepmother, whom he was neglecting.

Her husband did odd jobs out of town since 2003 and only returned home once every few months. He refused to share his income with her, so she supported the whole family without complaint.