(Minghui.org) Mr. He Hongliang, a 70-year-old farmer from Huaiyang County, Henan Province, entrusted his family to file a lawsuit against Jiang Zemin in September 2015.

He is currently serving a three-year prison term in the Xinmi Prison in Zhengzhou City, Henan, after his arrest in November 2014. This was his third arrest for refusing to renounce his faith in Falun Gong.

Mr. He is filing the lawsuit against the former Chinese dictator for launching the persecution of Falun Gong, which resulted in his current imprisonment and previous subjection to torture and sexual assault at the hands of labor camp guards.

He was first arrested at home on January 30, 2001. He held a hunger strike to protest the illegal arrest and was brutally force-fed during his 14 days of detention.

Police sneaked into his home on July 10 and July 21 of 2008 and attempted to arrest him, but failed. Mr. He and his wife were forced to leave home to avoid the police, but he was arrested shortly thereafter and given an 18-month forced labor term. He was sent to the Henan Province Third Forced Labor Camp on September 24, 2008, where he was repeatedly tortured and humiliated.

Savage Beating

One day in November 2008, Mr. He was taken to the interrogation room. The camp guards ordered the inmates to beat him. They methodically struck his joints with a metal pipe. After beating him for two hours straight, they were exhausted. His feet, ankles, knees, hands and arms were swollen. He was unable to take off his clothes or walk without assistance.

In January 2009, a camp guard flew into a rage because Mr. He refused to renounce his belief. The guard slapped him with both hands and stomped on his feet so forcefully that he was limping afterward. On two other occasions, the same guard took off his shoes and repeatedly slapped him with them.

Forced to Swallow Urine and Phlegm

One day in November 2008, the camp guards ordered the inmates to torture Mr. He again. He was beaten, forced to sit on a small stool, and prohibited from using the restroom. If he made even a slight movement, they stabbed his feet with an awl.

Eventually he had to urinate in a water bottle. The inmates tried to force him to drink the urine, but he resisted strongly. The camp guard then poured it on his head and tied the bottle with the remaining urine around his neck.

One day in March 2009, the camp guard instigated the inmates to pry open his mouth and spit phlegm into it. Seven days later, two more inmates were ordered to do the same.

Sexual Assault

On one occasion the inmates stuck toothbrushes into Mr. He's anus.

One day in June 2009, the camp guards brought Mr. He to the bathroom. They made him kneel down, and one of the guards forced his penis into his mouth. Two days later, two inmates brought him to the bathroom and one of them did the same to him.

Other Brutal Tortures

Once Mr. He and another elderly practitioner had plastic buckets placed on their heads while sitting on the floor. Inmates then sat on the buckets until the practitioners passed out from the pain.

One day in March 2009, Mr. He was forced to stand in a corner. Two inmates pushed him against the wall and stabbed his feet with an awl and a pen, causing severe bleeding.

Family Deceived by the Guards

Mr. He also described how the guards deceived his son in his criminal complaint:

“I was released from the labor camp on February 10, 2010, a few days before the Chinese New Year. When my son came to pick me up, he brought some New Year presents to guard Zhang Qingshan, who not only brutalized me himself, but often instigated inmates to torture me.

“My son was outraged upon discovering Zhang's true colors. He said, 'Dad, whenever I came to visit you, he [Zhang] always told me how well he treated you at the labor camp. I would never in a million years have imagined what he did to you!'

“Zhang texted my son not long after I returned home, 'Your father is too stubborn! He still refuses to give up Falun Gong! We're going to get him again after the New Year holiday!'”

Zhang's threat materialized on June 24, 2014 when Mr. He was arrested for a third time. He was soon given three years, and his family is extremely concerned about him being tortured again.


In 1999, Jiang Zemin, as head of the Chinese Communist Party, overrode other Politburo standing committee members and launched the violent suppression of Falun Gong.

The persecution has led to the deaths of many Falun Gong practitioners in the past 16 years. More have been tortured for their belief and even killed for their organs. Jiang Zemin is directly responsible for the inception and continuation of the brutal persecution.

Under his personal direction, the Chinese Communist Party established an extralegal security organ, the “610 Office,” on June 10, 1999. The organization overrides police forces and the judicial system in carrying out Jiang's directive regarding Falun Gong: to ruin their reputations, cut off their financial resources, and destroy them physically.

Chinese law allows for citizens to be plaintiffs in criminal cases, and many practitioners are now exercising that right to file criminal complaints against the former dictator.

Related Report:Huaiyang County Police Persecute Mr. He Hongliang