(Minghui.org) Editor's note: Ms. Wang Caixia, a Falun Gong practitioner from Lanzhou City, was detained for 64 days after she filed criminal complaints against the former Chinese dictator Jiang Zemin for launching the persecution of Falun Gong.

My name is Wang Caixia, and I am 48 years old. I live in Lanzhou City, Gansu Province. I started to practice Falun Gong in January 1996 and my health and life improved.

After the Chinese communist regime's persecution of Falun Gong began in 1999, my husband left me due to the pressure and I was repeatedly arrested and detained. I was tortured, including being hung up in the air with both hands cuffed, beaten, brutally force fed, and injected with unknown drugs while in custody.

A new policy that went into effect on May 1, 2015, states that the Supreme People's Procuratorate will guarantee the registration and processing of all criminal and civil complaints. So, I filed criminal complaints against Jiang Zemin for initiating the persecution of Falun Gong.

Harassed by Police

A police officer from the Jiayuguan Police Station called my sister in August 2015 and told her that I needed to go to the station and talk to them. I did not go.

Yang Qinhong, director of the Jiayuguan Police Station, and Gao Shicheng, a police officer, stopped me on my way to work on November 5, 2015. They demanded that I go to the police station with them. I refused. They followed me to my home.

A woman, with the surname of Yang entered my home. She was introduced as the party secretary of the community. She told me that I was wrong to sue Jiang Zemin. She repeatedly asked me to write the three statements to give up Falun Gong. I told them that I sued Jiang Zemin as allowed by the law. I then told them the facts about Falun Gong. The confrontation lasted more than two hours.

Arrested and Tortured

I was arrested by four police officers on the morning of December 1, 2015 on my way to work. Two police officers forced me into a police car. I tried to resist, but they pinned me down between the car seats and took me to the police station.

Police officers searched me and then handcuffed my hands and feet to an iron chair.

Yang Qinhong arrived and said that I was breaking the law. He demanded that Iwrite a guarantee statement, which states that I would renounce Falun Gong. I refused.

Two police officers cuffed my hands behind my back, and took me to a police car. Yang took me to the Gongjiawan Drug Rehabilitation Center.

Zhang Anqing, former director of the Qilihe District 610 Office, forced me to watch videos that slandered Falun Gong. They tried to force me again to sign the guarantee statement. I refused.

Because I did not give up Falun Gong, police officer Mou Xiangyang forbade my family to visit me. In order to see me, Yang demanded that my father try to persuade me to give up Falun Gong.

On the 58th day of my detention my father and sister were allowed to see me. Because I refused to sign the statement that I would give up Falun Gong, Mou did not release me.

I was released on February 2, 2016 after 64 days of illegal detention.


In 1999, Jiang Zemin, as head of the Chinese Communist Party, overrode other Politburo standing committee members and launched the violent suppression of Falun Gong.

The persecution has led to the deaths of many Falun Gong practitioners in the past 16 years. More have been tortured for their belief and even killed for their organs. Jiang Zemin is directly responsible for the inception and continuation of the brutal persecution.

Under his personal direction, the Chinese Communist Party established an extralegal security organ, the “610 Office,” on June 10, 1999. The organization overrides police forces and the judicial system in carrying out Jiang's directive regarding Falun Gong: to ruin their reputations, cut off their financial resources, and destroy them physically.

Chinese law allows for citizens to be plaintiffs in criminal cases, and many practitioners are now exercising that right to file criminal complaints against the former dictator.

Related article:Ms. Wang Caixia from Lanzhou City Suffers Eight Years of Persecution