(Minghui.org) My husband and I first started practicing Falun Dafa in 1998. After the Chinese Communist Party started persecuting Falun Dafa in 1999, he gave up the practice. After that, his health progressively worsened. I repeatedly told him that he should resume the practice, but he always refused because he was afraid of being persecuted.

He was diagnosed with terminal lung cancer in 2014. The doctors said that he only had three to six months left to live. He had lung adenocarcinoma, which was not a good fit for chemotherapy. Our children still arranged for him to go through four phases of chemotherapy, and more than ten liters of fluid were removed from his lungs. He lost more than 20 pounds. The doctors said that he could die at any time.

Seeing my husband coming to the end of his life, I knelt in front of Master's picture and asked Master to save him. I sincerely told my husband, “Practice Falun Dafa with me. Master will save you.” This time he agreed with no hesitation.

He listened to Master's lectures. After hearing Lecture 1, he felt a little better. I then taught him the exercises again. Perhaps because he truly wished to resume cultivation, he quickly remembered how to do them, and I had to make only small corrections to his movements.

My husband was very weak when he left the hospital, but he continued reading Falun Dafa's books and doing the exercises every day at home despite the physical difficulties.

At the beginning, he was too weak to hold up the book Zhuan Falun, so he laid it on his legs. I suggested that he do his best to hold the book with his hands to show his respect towards Falun Dafa. He agreed, and disciplined himself with Falun Dafa's principle of Truthfulness-Compassion-Tolerance, correcting his daily behavior accordingly. Gradually, he felt better and better. His appetite also improved.

Whenever the cancer symptoms emerged, I studied the Fa with him and encouraged him to face it as a cultivator, instead of a patient. My husband understood the teachings of Falun Dafa very well and firmly believed them when he had those symptoms.

Two months after he returned home, he went back to the hospital for a checkup. The tumor was much smaller, and there was no more fluid in his chest. Everything else was also back to normal, and his weight had recovered. Everyone in our family was thrilled. My husband has not taken any medicine since then. It has been two and a half years, and this once dying man can now tell everyone how Falun Dafa saved his life.

We start our routine each day by getting up at 3:40 a.m. to do the Falun Dafa exercises. During the day, I take care of our granddaughter and do most of the housework, so that he can have more time to study the Fa. Every night, we go out to distribute materials that tell people the facts about Falun Dafa. My husband is very good at hanging up banners on trees and putting up posters on walls.

Our friends and relatives witnessed my husband’s miraculous survival, and they are very supportive of us. When the local authorities blocked us from filing a lawsuit against Jiang Zemin, who started the persecution of Falun Dafa, my son-in-law offered to mail it out for us.

My husband’s diligence and determination has also motivated me. I used to be the only Falun Dafa practitioner in the city. I felt lonely and helpless at the beginning. I went through a lot of trouble to install software to bypass the Chinese Internet blockade, which allowed me to access the Minghui website to read news and experience sharing about Falun Dafa. For five years, I downloaded files from Minghui to create brochures and DVDs that clarified the facts about Falun Dafa, and distributed them by myself.

I am no longer alone, as my husband and I have become a team. We now do the exercises together, read one chapter of Zhuan Falun every day, and share our experiences on how to improve. We also read Master's other lectures when we have time. By helping my husband return to Falun Dafa, and encouraging him to make progress, I was rewarded with a group environment and a supportive family.