(Minghui.org) I was born in a mountain village in northeast China. I don’t remember ever having a good day growing up.

My parents quarreled every day. One time, my father even picked up a kitchen knife in a fight with my mother.

My parents mistreated us and often beat us. They even pulled off our quilts and slapped our faces with shoes while we were sound asleep. My younger sister lost her hearing for a long time after one such beating. My elder sister developed epilepsy. My younger brother was mentally challenged from birth.

My father often fought with the neighbors and his coworkers. We four children lived in constant fear.

My parents were seriously ill, and we were very poor. We seldom had good food to eat. Even when we did have some, my father ate it himself after we went to sleep.

When I was eight, I went to a friend's home to play. I saw his father put cookies in a cupboard. Desperate for something to eat, I sneaked into the cupboard. His father caught me. He cursed me and called me a thief.

Other children often bullied us, and my elder sister and younger brother got it the worst. My younger brother was forced to do manual labor and take care of cows after he grew up. If he refused to follow orders, the bullies would beat him. One time, they locked him in an underground vegetable cellar.

I lived in fear and poverty. I had no expectations and felt inferior and miserable.

Waiting for Heavenly Beings to Arrive

I read in the newspaper about an old lady whose back was bent at a right angle. One day, there was a rainstorm with lightning and thunder. The old lady, who was outside at the time, fainted. When she came to, her back was no longer bent, and she could stand up straight!

After reading the story, I thought: “Wasn't she saved by a god?”

After that, I waited for divine beings to come and save me from all my suffering. However, all I learned at school was atheism.

At the age of 18, I left home and went to Shandong Province.

I started a family at the age of 24. A month after my son was born, I developed rheumatoid arthritis. I couldn't take care of myself and had to rely on my husband and mother-in-law. I couldn't climb up or down the stairs on my own.

My husband took me everywhere to look for a cure, but nothing helped. I took more than a hundred kinds of traditional Chinese medicine, but none of them worked. On top of that, they made my stomach ache constantly.

Out of desperation, I went to qigong masters who turned out to have animal possessions. As a consequence, I got even worse.

I was in despair. I thought, “My childhood was miserable. Then, finally, I saw a little hope for a happy life, but now I have such a serious disease.” In constant pain, I wept every day.

After suffering for three years, I decided to go to a temple on Mt. Wutai to become a Buddhist.

Master Alleviates My Suffering

A friend at work told me about Falun Dafa in October 1996. She said that many people had recovered from cancer after practicing Falun Gong. She lent me a copy of Zhuan Falun and suggested I read it first.

As soon as I opened the book, the characters “Buddha Fa” caught my eye. I thought this might be what I had been looking for.

But I had one concern. No one ever respected my family or me. Nothing good ever came my way. When I was recognized as an “Excellent Student” at school, my teacher persuaded me to give up the award and let another classmate have it. When I was recognized as an “Advanced Worker,” my supervisor asked me to let a coworker have the award.

I wondered if the Master of Falun Dafa would take me seriously.

The coworker who introduced me to the practice told me, “The Master of Falun Dafa is not concerned with social status. He takes care of whoever wants to learn it.”

I took up the practice of Falun Dafa and hoped that I would be cured.

I started doing the exercises with my coworker. On the fourth day, my legs, which had been swollen for three years, recovered. I was able to walk with ease. I couldn't believe it! Master took me seriously! I was overwhelmed and very excited.

I gave up the idea of becoming a Buddhist. Instead, I was determined to follow Master and practice Falun Dafa.

About a year later, my four-year-old son fell from the third floor of the building, but he was unhurt. My son told me later that he saw the Master of Falun Dafa supporting him all the way down, that he tumbled in the air like the Monkey King.

Master's grace is so great that I can never repay him.

Kind Coworker Expresses Her Gratitude to Master

In July 1999, Jiang Zemin’s regime started to persecute Falun Dafa and defame Master.

In 2000, several local practitioners and I went to Beijing to tell the government the facts about Falun Dafa. I submitted a letter to the Appeals Office, telling them how I benefited from the practice, both physically and spiritually. However, I was detained in my local government's liaison office in Beijing and then taken back to a local detention center for 15 days.

After I was released, my employer punished me. A coworker was assigned to watch me closely.

This coworker was very kind. She said to our factory leaders, “Falun Dafa is surely good. Otherwise, why did so many people go to Beijing to speak up for it?”

This coworker had trouble conceiving even though she had been married for several years. She was very worried. I told her about a practitioner who couldn't get pregnant for nine years after she got married, but she became free of illness and gave birth to a lovely girl after practicing Falun Dafa. She believed what I told her and said she also wanted to practice Falun Gong.

I taught her the exercises first. Before I finished teaching her all the movements, I had a dream that she was pregnant.

I told her of my dream the following day. She went to the hospital and found out she really was pregnant. She later gave birth to a boy. She expressed great gratitude to the Master of Falun Dafa.

Following Master's Teachings and Letting Go of the Attachment to Personal Gain

Soon after I started practicing Falun Dafa, my parents-in-law wanted to purchase an apartment in town. They didn’t have enough money, so they asked their two sons if they would each pay half. They promised to leave the apartment to us in the future.

My elder sister-in-law refused to pay and said, “We don’t have that kind of money for her, and I don’t want her apartment after she dies.”

My husband and I didn't have that much money. We borrowed some from friends and relatives and paid two-thirds towards the new home. My father-in-law said it would be our property in the future, as they couldn't have afforded it without our contribution. Unfortunately, my father-in-law passed away before they moved in.

Before the funeral, my sister-in-law told me that she wanted to purchase the apartment. She said her son was going to get married and needed a new home.

At the time, real estate values were on the rise. The apartment was now valued at several times its original price. But she offered to pay only what my husband and I paid, which was two-thirds of its original price. They didn't offer us a penny towards the funeral.

My sister-in-law grabbed the deed from my mother-in-law and moved in right away. Then she sold the house that my mother-in-law was still living in at the time, without my mother-in-law's consent. She drove my mother-in-law out of the house, claiming that her family had built it.

My husband and I rented an apartment for my mother-in-law. When she was ill and in the hospital, my brother-in-law and his wife (sister-in-law) didn't contribute a penny for her expenses.

If I hadn't practiced Falun Dafa, I would have fought with her to the death and cut off contact with her family. Thanks to Dafa, I was able to calm down no matter what happened to me, though from time to time still I felt a little resentful.

Master's teachings always echoed in my mind and assimilated me to the principles of Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance.

Falun Dafa filled me with light and hope. It dispelled all my feelings of inferiority and darkness. Master's grace is boundless and beyond description.