(Minghui.org) Nine Falun Gong practitioners were illegally arrested in Shenyang City, Liaoning Province on November 14, 2016. The practitioners are Mr. Liu Defu, Ms. Liu Liping, Ms. Wu Naiying, Ms. Li Guitian, Ms. Shi Yanqing, Ms. Zhang, Ms. Gao Bo, Ms. Zhang Qinghua, and Ms. Mo Hongyan.

Officers from the Zhujianlu Police Station and the Shenhe District National Security Division arrested Mr. Liu Defu and Ms. Liu Liping (a married couple) at home. The police also ransacked their home. They conducted the arrest on the grounds that the couple had posted signs about Falun Gong.

Five officers from the Danan Police Station arrived at Ms. Wu Naiying's home around 11 a.m. They arrested four Falun Gong practitioners, including Ms. Wu, Ms. Li Guitian, Ms. Shi Yanqing, and Ms. Zhang. Ms. Wu's personal property was taken away.

Ms. Gao Bo, also a Falun Gong practitioner, was arrested the same day as well.

After her arrest, Liu Liping was interrogated for an entire day. She was released on bail that evening.

Ms. Zhang was taken back home by her family around 10 p.m. However, Mr. Liu Defu, Ms. Li, Ms. Shi, and Ms. Gao were illegally detained.

After that, Ms. Li was transferred to Shenhe Detention Center and then sent to Hospital 242.

Ms. Wu and Ms. Li were sent to the Shenyang No. 1 Detention Center. Currently, Ms. Wu is also in Hospital 242.

In the afternoon of November 14, 2016, Ms. Zhang Qinghua and Ms. Mo Hongyan were arrested by police from the Zhujianlu Police Station while giving out Falun Gong calendars to people.

Right after the arrests, Ms. Zhang's home was ransacked, and her personal property was taken away. Ms. Mo's home was ransacked around 9 p.m., and a cellphone was confiscated. Both practitioners were sent to the Shenyang No. 1 Detention Center around 3 a.m. on November 15.

Practitioners Previously Detained

Three of the Falun Gong practitioners had previously experienced illegal detentions, and all of them were tortured in detention.

Mr. Liu Defu, who is in his 60s, was arrested on December 9, 2012, and detained in the Dadong District Detention Center. As a result of torture, he had a heart attack and a stroke. He was sent to the emergency room at Hospital 242.

Mr. Liu was tried in March 2013 and illegally sentenced to three years in prison. He was sent to the Liaoning Provincial Prison in May while he was not completely recovered from his stroke. One month later, he was transferred to Xihu Prison.

There, Mr. Liu was tortured with various methods such as being locked in a confined compartment and shackled to a ring on the ground. His health deteriorated. However, the Liaoning Provincial Prison Administration Bureau still rejected his release on medical bail on the grounds that he was a Falun Gong practitioner.

Ms. Wu Naiying was arrested at home on August 10, 2008. She was illegally jailed in both the Zhangshi Brainwashing Center and the Shenyang City Detention Center. She was tortured at both locations so severely that her former heart disease and high blood pressure returned.

Ms. Wu was illegally sentenced to 4 years’ imprisonment at the end of October 2008. The Liaoning Provincial Women's Prison rejected her because of her poor health. However, the Shenyang City Detention Center bribed the prison with 10,000 yuan and got her accepted. Ms. Wu was transferred to the prison in January 2009.

She was persecuted in prison with hard labor and constant threats. Her blood pressure shot up to 220. As a result, she had to be sent to the prison hospital.

Ms. Zhang Qinghua, who is in her 60s, was arrested at another practitioner's home in August 2008. Six officers chained her to a chair in a hotel in Dadong District and forced her to give fingerprints. They injured her arm to the point that she had pain for four months.

Ms. Zhang was illegally sentenced to three-and-a-half years in prison at the end of November 2008. She was transferred to the Liaoning Provincial Women's Prison in January 2009. The guards repeatedly threw her up in the air and let her to fall to the ground. Ms. Zhang suffered injury to her brain and nervous system, and fell into a coma.