Guangdong Province: 23 Arrested in One Day
(Minghui.org) A police raid in five cities of Guangdong Province netted 23 arrests in one day, on September 24.
Among the arrested were 21 locals targeted for refusing to renounce Falun Gong, a spiritual discipline being persecuted by the Chinese communist regime. Two of the practitioners’ family members, a 6-year-old boy and a man who does not practice Falun Gong, were also taken into custody.
Except for one who is confirmed to have been released and seven who are known to remain captive, the status of the remaining residents is unclear.
Below is a full list of the 23 arrested.
Shenzhen City (11)
- Feng Shaoyong (in his 40s; detained at Longgang Detention Center)- Chen Zeqi (a 53-year-old software engineer; detained at Longgang Detention Center- Jiang Rongxin (a 53-year-old postal worker; detained at Huidong County Detention Center)- Ye Fengxia (a small business owner who once served three years of forced labor for her faith; detained at Xili brainwashing center)- Yan Xiangli- Miao Guoqing (detained at Huidong County Detention Center)- Chen Zhicong (age 22; detained at Baoan Detention Center- A practitioner surnamed Guan- Ms. Liang (in her 40s)- Liu Junli (released on October 10)- A female practitioner whose name remains to be investigated
Dongguan City (1)
- Zou Shuwen (a 52-year-old burn doctor)
Huizhou City (4)
- Zhou Yuqin (a clothing company owner who once served three years of forced labor for her faith)- Cai Guanying (detained at Meihu Detention Center)- Liu Jianhua- Shi Xuemei
Heyuan City (5)
- Deng Shi’e- Zeng Liuming (a former school teacher who was detained 5 times and fired from his job for his faith)- Li Niangxin- Li’s husband Liu Qingqiang- Li’s six-year-old son
Jieyang City (2)
- Xie Huiliang- Xie’s son, who does not practice Falun Gong.