(Minghui.org) Many Falun Gong practitioners are now exercising their legal right to sue Jiang Zemin for launching the persecution of Falun Gong and causing them great harm and tremendous suffering during the past 16 years. The momentum of this new wave of lawsuits against the former Chinese dictator is on the rise.

The Minghui website receives copies of criminal complaints against Jiang from many practitioners daily. In this report, we present a snapshot of some of the practitioners whose copies of lawsuits were received by Minghui on August 13, 2015.

These lawsuits are mailed to the Supreme People's Court and Supreme People's Procuratorate, which are required to process all criminal complaints filed by citizens, as of a recent ruling by the Supreme People's Court.

Brief Recap of Four Criminal Complaints

This report highlights four lawsuits of practitioners and their families that were filed recently against Jiang. These practitioners are professionals, including an award winning software engineer, a government employee, a middle school teacher and a psychiatric nurse.

These practitioners experienced the persecution in different ways, but all of them faced at one time or another loss of job, arrest, long term detention, forced labor, brainwashing and torture. They were beaten, shocked with electric batons, force-fed and deprived of sleep, among others.

The police refused to tell family members the whereabouts of a two-year-old boy for two months after arresting his mother.

The story of each of the practitioners brings home the terrible situation under which practitioners and their families suffer.

Zhang Quanliang (张全良)

Profession: Software EngineerHometown: Chongqing CityDate filed: July 11, 2015

Key Facts

Mr. Zhang Quanliang is an award winning software engineer from Chongqing City. He is also a professional Chinese-English translator.

Since Jiang Zemin launched the persecution of Falun Gong in1999, Mr. Zhang was arrested 5 times and detained for a total of 8 years and 49 days.

Mr. Zhang went to Beijing to appeal for the right to practice Falun Gong and was arrested on June 5, 2000. He was detained for 15 days. As he looking after his dying father-in-law at a hospital, police arrested him and held him for 15 days. After his release, Mr. Zhang and his wife left their home to escape further persecution.

Police arrested him when he went to Beijing to appeal for justice for Falun Gong, on December 9, 2000. They sentenced him to three years of forced labor.

In the labor camp, he was viciously beaten, breaking two of his ribs. He was tortured with electric batons, and forced to sit on a stool of nails. His right ear became deaf after police punctured his eardrum with a bamboo sticks. He was given little food for two years and was force fed when he went on a hunger strike to protest the murder of another practitioner.

Mr. Zhang was arrested again on December 7, 2005. He was sentenced to five years in prison, where he was tortured. Torture methods included the water dungeon, being forced to eat human excrement, beaten and sleep deprivation among others.

Mr. Zhang and his wife were arrested and taken to a brainwashing center for 19 days in October 2011.

Related Report(s)Chongqing Couple Zhang Quanliang and Liu Zhilan Arrested AgainPractitioner Zhang Quanliang Secretly Sentenced to Prison for Five YearsMr. Zhang Quanliang Under "Strict Control" Monitoring in Yongchuan PrisonZhang Quanliang and Other Practitioners Severely Tortured at Yongchuan Prison in ChongqingChongqing City Falun Gong Practitioner Zhang Quanliang Framed by Police During Torture SessionThe Relentless Persecution of A Professor and Her Family in Chongqing CityChongqing City Teacher Gu Zhiyi and Family Persecuted

Details of complaint in Chinese language

Xiang Shihua (向世华)

Profession: Government employeeHometown: Chongqing CityDate filed: August 13, 2015

Key FactsMr. Xiang was arrested three times, and detained for a total of two years and seven months since Jiang launched the persecution of Falun Gong.

Local police put pressure on him to give up his belief through his workplace. He was arrested in July 2000 at work and taken to a brainwashing center for two months.

Mr. Xiang, his wife and son were arrested for distributing informational materials about Falun Gong in July 2001. In the police station, Mr. Xiang was cuffed to the ground for two days and not given any water or food. Her was detained in the Banan District Detention Center for 14 months, where he had to perform unpaid labor for 16 hours daily.

The court sentenced him to a three year and six month prison term. However he was released to home detention because of his poor physical condition.

His son Xiang Dong was also given home detention. He was tortured at a detention center until he was paralyzed, and then sentenced to a four year prison term.

Ms. Luo Ping, Mr. Xiang's wife, was sentenced to 10 years in prison. The disabled father and son continued to practice Falun Gong at home and they gradually recovered their health.

Mr. Xiang was arrested at home and given one year and three months of forced labor on February 9, 2007. He was beaten so violently that he lost most of his front teeth. After Mr. Xiang was released, he was fired from his government job and his pension was revoked after his 30 years of work.

Ms. Luo finished her prison term in 2009.

Police continued to harass this family and tried to arrest Ms. Luo in July 2011. She locked herself inside a security door for more than 10 days to prevent the police from arresting her. She escaped on a rainy night. The family became homeless for 18 months to avoid further persecution.

Current SituationMr. Xiang has been denied retirement benefits from his workplace because of his belief. He and his family are going through financial difficulties.

Related Report(s)Practitioner Xiang Shihua from Chongqing Sentenced to PrisonLatest Persecution News Regarding Practitioners from Chang'an No. One Factory Area in Chongqing CityPersecution of Falun Dafa Practitioners from the Dashiba Region of Jiangbei District, Chongqing City

Details of complaint in Chinese language

Jia Wenguang (贾文广)

Profession: Middle school teacherHometown: TianjinDate filed: July 6, 2015

Key Facts

Ms. Jia is a middle school teacher in Tianjin. She was arrested three times and detained for a total of eight years and two months for practicing Falun Gong.

Despite pressure from her workplace, Ms. Jia refused to give up her belief. She went to Beijing to appeal for the right to practice Falun Gong.

She was arrested in Beijing in September 1999 and sentenced to one year of forced labor. She was tortured and forced to perform 20 hours of labor every day.

Ms. Jia was arrested by plainclothes police when she was attending a meeting at work on July 9, 2004. She was sentenced to two years of forced labor. She went on a hunger strike and was force-fed. The labor camp extended her term by two months. After Ms. Jia was released, she was fired by her school.

For talking to someone about Falun Gong, she was arrested on January 14, 2010 and sentenced to a five-year prison term. She was deprived of sleep and forced to perform unpaid labor. Guards restricted her use of the bathroom and often forced her to stand for long hours.

Related Report(s)Excerpts from Beijing Lawyer Jin Guanghong's Defence of Falun Gong Practitioner Ms. Jia WenguangMiddle School Teacher Ms. Jia Wenguang Persecuted at Tianjin Women’s PrisonA Prosecutor's Shameful Conduct and a Falun Dafa Practitioner's Compassion

Details of complaint in Chinese language

Wang Gaizhen (王改珍)

Profession: NurseHometown: Datong City, Shanxi ProvinceDate filed: August 13, 2015

Key Facts

Ms. Wang Gaizhen is a psychiatric nurse from Datong City, Shanxi Province. During the past 16 years, she has been arrested three times and detained for a total of three years and eleven months.

Mr. Guo Hongri, her husband, was also a practitioner and served in the military.

Ms. Wang went to appeal for the right to practice Falun Gong after the Tianjin Police arrested local Falun Gong practitioners on April 25, 1999. Soon after that, the family became a target for persecution. Her husband was placed under investigation by his military supervisor when Jiang started the persecution on July 20, 1999.

When the couple was on their way to the appeals office in Beijing in October 1999, Mr. Hongri was put under house arrest by his supervisor. Ms. Wang and her son were taken to Datong City in Shanxi Province.

The family had to live apart in two cities until July 2000, after the husband's workplace agreed to let Ms. Wang and her son come back to Beijing. But they had to live in two different houses that were closely monitored by the military.

Mr. Hongri refused to give up his belief. His supervisor sympathized with him and transferred him to a research institute in Datong City.

The night before the family's planned date of leaving Beijing, Mr. Hongri was arrested when the family toured Tiananmen Square on October 6, 2000.

Ms. Wang escaped with her two year old son and became homeless. Ms. Wang was arrested for distributing information exposing the persecution of Falun Gong on November 2, 2000. Ms. Wang was sentenced to three years of forced labor and was released after 23 months.

Ms. Wang's two-year-old son was at a daycare when she was arrested. Police did not inform Ms. Wang's family about the toddler's whereabouts. Ms. Wang's mother-in-law spent two months trying to find him.

Ms. Wang's husband returned home in October 2002. The Domestic Security Bureau attempted to turn him into a spy, but he refused. Since then, the couple has been monitored and harassed by the police.

Mr. Hongri died in a car accident on October 3, 2006. Ms. Wang and her son were arrested on November 7, 2006. Her supervisor was later able to secure her release.

Ms. Wang was arrested again for talking about Falun Gong on July 25, 2010. She was sentenced to two years of forced labor. She was deprived of sleep and pressured to give up her belief.

Related Report(s)Ms. Wang Gaizhen Sent to Forced Labor Camp in Taiyuan, Shanxi Province for Two Years

Details of complaint in Chinese language


In 1999, Jiang Zemin, as head of the Chinese Communist Party, overrode other Politburo standing committee members and launched the violent suppression of Falun Gong.

The persecution has led to the deaths of many Falun Gong practitioners in the past 16 years. More have been tortured for their belief and even killed for their organs. Jiang Zemin is directly responsible for the inception and continuation of the brutal persecution.

Under his personal direction, the Chinese Communist Party established an extralegal security organ, the “610 Office,” on June 10, 1999. The organization overrides police forces and the judicial system in carrying out Jiang's directive regarding Falun Gong: to ruin their reputations, cut off their financial resources, and destroy them physically.

Chinese law allows for citizens to be plaintiffs in criminal cases, and many practitioners are now exercising that right to file criminal complaints against the former dictator.