(Minghui.org) Many Falun Gong practitioners are now exercising their legal right to sue Jiang Zemin for launching the persecution of Falun Gong and causing them great harm and tremendous suffering during the past 16 years. The number of lawsuits being filed against the former Chinese dictator is on the rise.

The Minghui website receives copies of criminal complaints against Jiang from many practitioners daily. In this report, we present a snapshot of some of the practitioners whose copies of lawsuits were received by Minghui on August 9, 2015.

These lawsuits are mailed to the Supreme People's Court and Supreme People's Procuratorate, which are required to process all criminal complaints filed by citizens, as of a recent ruling by the Supreme People's Court.

Death from Torture, Disabled, and Refused Medical Parole

Ms. Liu Guangfeng, a former employee at the Guangshui City Grain Department, was tortured to death for practicing Falun Gong. Because of the communist regime's policy of guilt-by-association, her 90-year-old mother and brother lost their home. They are now filing criminal complaints on her behalf.

Ms. Yang Hong, an employee of the Huludao Petrochemical Plant, became disabled due to torture. She has not been released for medical treatment and is still serving her nine-year prison term.

Ms. Liu Yaqin recovered from paralysis after practicing Falun Gong, but she became disabled due of torture and nearly lost her life.

1: Ms. Liu Guangfeng (刘光凤)

Profession: WorkerHometown: Guangshui City, Hubei ProvinceDate filed: Mid-July 2015

Key Facts: Ms. Liu was sentenced to forced labor in 2001. She was deprived of sleep and subjected to brainwashing. She was crippled as a result of torture and was held in solitary confinement for over a year.

Ms. Liu was sentenced to two years of forced labor in 2004. The guards ordered prisoners to kick her in the abdomen and private areas and pinch her breasts. They also shocked her with two electric batons. Her arms and legs developed egg-sized blisters. She was still forced to do hard labor and was held in solitary confinement and deprived of sleep. She became crippled from long hours of squatting.

Ms. Liu was taken to the Guangshui City No. 1 Detention Center in February 2009. Officers ransacked her home and confiscated computers, several thousand yuan, and two bank cards, including 1,500 yuan of her mother's pension. She was released two months later, but she could not speak, walk or eat. Her entire body was black and blue. She passed away two days after her release.

Ms. Liu's brother was held in a mental hospital for seven days for trying to rescue her. He is unable to marry without a certificate verifying that he was not a mental patient.

Her mother's home in their hometown was destroyed by the authorities. Her woman and her son was allotted a small basement after repeated requests.

Related Reports:Ms. Liu Guangfeng Dies as a Result of Persecution in the Guangshui City Detention CenterRecalling the Persecution of Ms. Liu GuangfengRemembering Fellow Practitioner Ms. Liu Guangfeng

Details of complaint in Chinese

2: Ms. Yang Hong (杨虹)

Profession: WorkerHometown: Huludao City, Liaoning ProvinceDate filed: July 16, 2015

Key Facts: Ms. Yang was sent to the Masanjia Forced Labor Camp in October 1999 and forced to do 14 hours of heavy labor every day. She was also held in solitary confinement twice and beaten, which resulted in injuries and bruises all over her body.

She was not allowed to see her husband or her father before they passed away.

Ms. Yang was arrested again and taken to Masanjia in April 2004, where she was barbarically force-fed and tortured. Officers put unknown substances in her food, which caused diarrhea. Ms. Yang was diagnosed with heart disease and weakened kidney function. She was released on a medical parole in June 2004 when she became critically ill and emaciated.

In May 2008, Ms. Yang was sentenced to nine years in Liaoning Women's Prison, where she was again tortured physically and mentally. Despite being emaciated and injured, she was forced to work for at least 12 hours daily.

In October 2012, she tripped and broke her leg. Confined to a wheelchair, she was still denied medical parole.

Current Circumstances: Ms. Yang still is in prison.

Related Reports:Eight Years of Persecution for Falun Gong Practitioner Yang Hong and her FamilyLiaoning Women's Prison Brutally Persecutes Practitioner Ms. Yang HongMs. Yang Hong Disabled in Liaoning Province Women's Prison

Details of complaint in Chinese

3: Ms. Liu Yaqin (刘雅琴)

Profession: UnknownHometown: Harbin City, Heilongjiang ProvinceDate filed: July 2, 2015

Key Facts: Having recovered from an earlier disability and regained the ability to walk after practicing Falun Gong, Ms. Liu traveled to Beijing to appeal for the right to practice Falun Gong in 1999 and 2000 after the persecution began. She was harassed and monitored by the police and had to leave her home to avoid further persecution. However, agents from the 610 Office began harassing her daughter.

Over a month of torture at a detention center left her paralyzed after she was arrested in April 2006. She could not take care of herself and was incontinent. She was held in Wanjia Forced Labor Camp for a year and a half, despite her poor health. She became critically ill.

Her 70-year-old mother passed away a month before her release.

To avoid further persecution, Ms. Liu had to sell her home and has to move often.

Related Report: Physically Disabled Ms. Liu Yaqin Abused in a Labor Camp

Details of complaint in Chinese


In 1999, Jiang Zemin, as head of the Chinese Communist Party, overrode other Politburo standing committee members and launched the violent suppression of Falun Gong.

The persecution has led to the deaths of many Falun Gong practitioners during the past 16 years. More have been tortured for their belief and even killed for their organs. Jiang Zemin is directly responsible for the inception and continuation of the brutal persecution.

Under his personal direction, the Chinese Communist Party established an extralegal security organ, the 610 Office, on June 10, 1999. The organization overrides police forces and the judicial system in carrying out Jiang's directive regarding Falun Gong: to ruin their reputations, cut off their financial resources, and destroy them physically.

Chinese law allows for citizens to be plaintiffs in criminal cases, and many practitioners are now exercising that right to file criminal complaints against the former dictator.