Name: Yang Hong (杨虹)
Gender: Female
Age: 57 (Born in 1956)
Address: Dongmen District, Huludao City, Liaoning Province
Occupation: Former employee at Huludao Petrochemical Plant
Date of Most Recent Arrest: February 25, 2008
Most Recent Place of Detention: Liaoning Province Women's Prison (辽宁省女子监狱)
City: Shenyang
Province: Liaoning
Persecution Suffered: Forced labor, illegal sentencing, forced injections/drug administration, beatings, torture, force-feedings, fired from job

( Ms. Yang Hong, a Falun Gong practitioner in Huludao, Liaoning Province, was abducted on Feb. 25, 2008, and was sentenced to nine years in prison. Ms. Yang was forced to do slave labor in Liaoning Province Women's Prison and broke her right leg. The prison refused to release her for medical treatment even though she is now disabled.

Ms. Yang had been very weak from tortures, but she was still forced to intensive labor for extended periods of time. On Oct. 8, 2012 she tripped over a wooden board in the workshop and broke her right leg. When her family visited her, she was in a wheelchair. Her family requested her release for medical treatment. However, the prison used all kinds of excuses to refuse the request.

Ms. Yang Hong started practicing Falun Dafa in 1995. She served as a volunteer assistant at a group exercise site in Huludao. Since the persecution of Falun Gong was launched thirteen years ago, she has been subjected to brutal persecution, including being fired from her job, arrested, thrown into forced labor camps twice and thrown into prison. Her daughter was expelled from school. Due to the enormous pressure from the Chinese Communist Party her husband and father became ill, and both of them passed away. Ms. Yang's health has been devastated during her term in Masanjia Labor Camp.

Full story: “Eight Years of Persecution for Falun Gong Practitioner Yang Hong and her Family (from Huludao City, Liaoning Province)”

Ms. Yang was severely tortured by jailers and inmates in Liaoning Province Women's Prison. She was locked up in a small room. Her mouth was taped shut and she was beaten until her entire body was covered in injuries and became scarred. Her face and neck were scratched. Bruises covered her hands and feet because the persecutors stomped heavily on her feet. Her thighs and legs were injured. She felt very dizzy and weak. She lost a lot of hair and she could hardly sleep. Her feet became so swollen that no socks would fit. The bottoms of her feet festered.

Despite Ms. Yang's fragile physical condition, the prison forced her to do slave labor from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., and sometimes until 10 p.m. Weak and injured, she tripped while working and broke her leg.

Ms. Yang is still suffering in Liaoning Province Women's Prison. We are calling on all people of justice to help rescue Ms. Yang.