(Minghui.org) Falun Gong practitioner Ms. Ye Xiuhua was reported and arrested for mailing a criminal complaint against Jiang Zemin at a post office. Her boss urged the police to release her, but she was still illegally detained for 15 days.

Ms. Ye, 62, resides in Qitaihe City, Heilongjiang Province. She went to the Taibai Post Office to mail a criminal complaint against the former head of the Chinese communist regime, Jiang Zemin, on June 20, 2015. The clerk did not accept the letter and called the Taopei Police Station.

Ms. Ye and another practitioner were taken to the police station. Ms. Ye told the police the facts about Falun Gong and about Jiang Zemin’s persecution of Falun Gong. The other practitioner managed to leave the station.

Ms. Ye’s Boss Stands Up for Her

Ms. Ye’s boss went to the Domestic Security Division the day of her arrest and asked Bing Wenlai, the chief, to release Ms. Ye.

“Ms. Ye lives by the principles Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance,” he told Bing. “This is a great injustice, so I am also preparing a criminal complaint that I will mail soon. You cannot stop me.”

Bing responded by saying he was only following orders. “It's my job,” he said. "I don’t want to arrest Falun Gong practitioners, but I have to respond to a report.”

Ms. Ye was detained for 15 days. The officers claimed that five of the days were because she had once been held in a forced labor camp, another five days were for another unlawful imprisonment, and five more for trying to mail a criminal complaint against Jiang.

Persecution History

Ms. Ye went to Beijing to appeal for the right to practice Falun Gong in October 1999. She was arrested on the train and later detained. She was tortured at the Qitaihe Detention Center for nine days and sent to Jiamusi Forced Labor Camp for three years.

The police arrested her on February 8, 2012, for distributing Shun Yun DVDs. They ransacked her home and confiscated Falun Gong books, an MP3 player, cash, and other personal items. She was illegally detained.

The police tried twice to force her to give up cultivation and threatened to sentence her to prison. Instead of giving in to the authorities' demands, Ms. Ye asked to hire a lawyer. He request was denied.

The Taoshan District Court tried her secretly on June 1, 2012. Without informing any of her family members, they sentenced Ms. Ye to three years of imprisonment. She was transferred to the Harbin Women's Prison on June 17 and held in the 9th ward. She was released on March 10, 2015.

Participants in the Persecution of Ms. Ye:

Taibai Postal Office, Qitaihe City: +86-464-8257636Shi Yanli (时艳丽), director of the Qitaihe City Postal Office: +86-464-8668000 (Office), +86-13329328999 (Cell)Pang Xiaodong (庞晓东), deputy director of the Qitaihe City Postal Office: +86-464-8235888 (Office), +86-13304677456 (Cell)Ye Zhen (叶震), head of the Taoshan Domestic Security Division: +86-13946586777Bing Wenlai (邴文来), officer from the Taoshan Domestic Security Division: +86-13946544881Zeng Zhaoqiu (曾昭秋), chief of the Taopei Police Station: +86-13946500900

(Please refer to the original Chinese article for more individuals and offices involved in the persecution.)