Nearly 100 Practitioners Still Held in Liaoning Women's Prison
(Minghui.org) Located in a northwestern suburb of Shenyang City, Liaoning Province Women's Prison is a part of a complex comprising five independent provincial-level prisons.
Twenty deaths of Falun Gong practitioners have been confirmed at the prison, also known as Shenyang Women's Prison, since the Chinese communist regime started persecuting the spiritual practice in July 1999.
When China's labor camps were nominally shut down in 2013, the notorious Masanjia Forced Labor Camp was renamed the Masanjia Ward of Liaoning Women's Prison.
In this and many other facilities throughout China, authorities have attempted to force practitioners to renounce their belief in Falun Gong using numerous forms of torture, including shocking with electric batons, hanging in painful positions, forced labor, and psychological abuses.
A year after this website reported that 84 practitioners were still incarcerated at the prison, 11 additional cases have been confirmed.
Once Falun Gong practitioners are transferred to Liaoning Women's Prison, their connection with the outside world is cut off. Because few family visits are allowed and all conversations are monitored, information about what has happened in the prison is very difficult to come by.
Below are the 11 Falun Gong practitioners recently confirmed to be incarcerated in the Masanjia Ward of Liaoning Women's Prison:
1. Sun Guiling (孙桂玲) from Dandong City was arrested on July 1, 2013 and illegally sentenced to three years on July 15, 2013.
2. Guo Yunlan (郭运兰) from Donggang City was arrested on June 20, 2013. She was sentenced to three years on August 21, 2013.
3. Zhou Yuzhen (周玉祯) from Jinzhou was arrested on July 23, 2013 and sentenced to four years in January 2014.
4. Wang Yanqiu (王彦秋) from Jinzhou was arrested on July 23, 2013 and sentenced to four years in January 2014.
5. Xu Huiping (徐慧萍), also from Jinzhou, was arrested on January 16, 2013 and sentenced to 4.5 years in September 2013.
6. Wang Xiuyan (王秀艳) from Benxi was arrested on April 25, 2013 and sentenced to 8 years. She was sent to the prison on March 12, 2015.
7. Ma Yuxiang (马玉香) from Benxi was arrested and transferred to the prison on the same day as Ms. Wang. Her sentence was seven years.
8. Sun Yuxia (孙玉霞) was sentenced to three years. She was arrested on April 25, 2013 and transferred to the prison on March 12, 2015. At the time of writing, she is emaciated and extremely weak.
9. Yi Xiaoqin (易晓琴) from Shenyang was arrested in 2013. She was sent to the prison on January 6, 2015 after a sentence of four years on August 1, 2013.
10. Ma Dongmei (马冬梅) from Dalian was taken to the prison on December 16, 2014. Her arrest occurred on August 31, 2013. She was sentenced to six years on May 27, 2014.
11. Dong Xuan (董选) from Dalian was arrested in July 2013. She was transferred to Liaoning Women's Prison in 2014 upon a sentence of three years.