(Minghui.org) Mr. Wan Shuqing, a Falun Gong practitioner from Jiamusi City, Heilongjiang Province, was detained from July 28 to October 28, 2015. The police tortured hm during his interrogation.

The authorities deliberately prevented his lawyer from getting any information about the progress of his case. The lawyer was finally notified when Mr. Wan's case was transferred to the Baoquanling Procuratorate on October 29. Mr. Wan is now scheduled to be tried.

Arrested and Belongings Confiscated

Mr. Wan Shuqing and his sister Ms. Wan Shulan went to Tangyuan Farm on July 28, 2015. They distributed flyers with information on the lawsuits being filed against Jiang Zemin, the former head of the Chinese Communist regime, for launching the persecution of Falun Gong. Tangyuan Farm Police Department officers arrested them.

The same officers ransacked the home of Mr. Wan's mother, Wang Guifang, on the morning of July 29. They confiscated DVDs, cell phones, tapes, and other items. When she asked the police why they were taking things, they said it was because her son had been there.

The police also ransacked Ms. Wan Shulan's home. They confiscated a computer, books, cell phones and music players. The police did not leave a signed list of the goods they confiscated, as required by law.

They also took Mr. Wan's other sister to the police station, but released her at 9:30 p.m.

Given the Runaround

Tangyuan Farm Police Department officials ordered Mr. Wan Shuqing and Ms. Wan Shulan's family to pay the Suibin Detention Center 1,300 yuan to cover their detention "fees." When their terms ended, Ms. Wan Shulan was released, but Mr. Wan Shuqing was transferred to the Baoquanling Detention Center.

Ms. Wang went to the Tangyuan Farm Police Department to ask for her son's release. Wang Yongli, director of the Tangyuan Farm Police Department, said he was following orders but could not show her an arrest warrant.

Police officers Deng Xinwen and Chen Xiaoping went to Ms. Wang's home on August 24 and demanded she sign several documents. Ms. Wang said she could she could not write and didn't understand what they were asking her to do. Deng signed the documents on her behalf.

The Baoquanling Procuratorate told Ms. Wan's family that the arrest was directed by the Office of Public Security and Political and Legal Affairs Office, which is another name for the 610 Office.

Tortured by Police

Mr. Wan's family hired attorney Ms. Sun Chunyan on September 23. Mr. Wan told her when she visited him on September 24 that Tangyuan Farm Police Department officers tortured him on August 8. He believed his eardrums were perforated.

When Ms. Sun asked the Tangyuan Farm Police Department about the progress of his case, the police claimed that none of the officers in charge of the case were in the office. When Ms. Sun asked to see the police department director, she was told that he was out of the office and she should come back on October 29. One of Mr. Wan's relatives saw the director leave the building after Ms. Sun did.

Ms. Sun went to the police department again on September 29. After a long wait she was told that Mr. Wan's case had been transferred to the Baoquanling Procuratorate.