(Minghui.org) Many Falun Gong practitioners are now exercising their legal right to sue Jiang Zemin for launching the persecution of Falun Gong and causing them great harm and tremendous suffering during the past 16 years. The momentum of this new wave of lawsuits against the former Chinese dictator is on the rise.

The Minghui website receives copies of criminal complaints against Jiang from many practitioners daily. In this report, we present a snapshot of some of the practitioners whose copies of lawsuits were received by Minghui on Nov 4-6, 2015.

These lawsuits are mailed to the Supreme People's Court and Supreme People's Procuratorate, which are required to process all criminal complaints filed by citizens, as of a recent ruling by the Supreme People's Court.

Repeated Arrests and Torture

The following three accounts describe repeated and brutal abuse simply for practicing Falun Gong and petitioning to the government for their freedom of belief. All three of the plaintiffs could have easily died from the torture, and one of them Mr. Yang Zhiqiang, lost his wife as a result of relentless abuse in police custody.

Luo Zhihui (罗智慧)

Profession: UnknownHometown: Shijiazhuang City, Hebei ProvinceDate filed: June 8, 2015

Key Facts

Ms. Luo Zhihui, 64, used to work for the Qiaoxi Grain Supply Center in Shijiazhuang City. She started to practice Falun Gong in 1997, which helped her to completely recover from severe anemia. Grateful for the health improvement and spiritual guidance she gained from Falun Gong, Ms. Luo repeatedly appealed to stop the persecution. She was arrested more than twenty times. She was tortured and poisoned while being held in labor camps, a mental hospital and brainwashing centers.

The first detention happened in October 1999, when Ms Luo visited Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong. She was detained in multiple police stations and detention centers for a total of at least 55 days. Police tortured her with “Flying an Airplane” and “Carrying a Sword on One's Back” (handcuffing behind the back with one hand crossed over a shoulder). She was locked to a chair for eight consecutive days, and had to carry the chair with her even when she used the bathroom.

In March 2000, Ms. Luo was forcibly taken from her home and detained in a mental hospital for more than ten days. She was tortured with the “Death Bed” and force-feeding.

Ms. Luo visited Beijing again in May 2000 and July 2001 to petition the government on behalf of Falun Gong. She was arrested both times and sentenced to one year and three years of forced labor “re-education,” respectively. In the labor camp, police slapped her repeatedly, knocked her head against the wall, and pulled out her hair. Police locked her to a heater to prevent her from sleeping. The long-term sleep deprivation led to hypertension.

Police also had prisoners put drugs into Ms. Luo's meals, which made her dizzy and forgetful. Ms. Luo was forced to do intensive labor. She was once forced to work continuously for 48 hours without sleep.

Her health condition was so bad that she was temporarily released for several months for medical treatment. Police put her back in the labor camp when she went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong again while on parole.

Before the 2008 Beijing Olympics, police broke into Ms. Luo's home, arrested her and sentenced her to three and a half years in prison. However, Ms. Luo's health was so poor that no prison would accept her. The police had to let her go home.

Related Report(s)Numerous Arrests, Forced Labor, and Torture Befall Ms. Luo Zhihui for Exposing the Persecution

Details of complaint in Chinese

Dong Ming (董明)

Profession: UnknownHometown: Changchun City, Jilin ProvinceDate filed: July 17, 2015

Key Facts

Mr. Dong Ming, 45, used to work for the Technology and Information Institute in Jilin Province. Because of his practice of Falun Gong, he was fired by his workplace, arrested six times, and taken to forced labor “re-education” three times for a total of three years and nine months.

Mr. Dong went to Beijing on December 23, 1999 to appeal for Falun Gong. He was detained for 15 days. After he was released, his workplace fired him because he refused to renounce Falun Gong. However, this did not stop Mr. Dong from speaking out. He went to Beijing again on December 31, 2000 to appeal for Falun Gong. This time he was detained for eight days. Police hit his ribs and face, tortured him by using chopsticks to squeeze his fingers until the skin was rubbed raw, and violently force-fed him, causing injuries to his mouth and gums.

Mr. Dong was arrested for a third time in March 2001 while he was attending a Falun Gong experience-sharing conference in Guangxi Province. He was detained for more than one month in the police station and brainwashing center. He was force-fed after he held a hunger strike. Then he was detained in an isolated room and forced to watch videos slandering Falun Gong. He was not allowed to see his family.

On March 13, 2002, Mr. Dong was arrested and sent for 16 months of forced labor “re-education.” Police beat him with a wooden board until the board broke into three pieces. In the labor camp, he was tortured by being forced to sit on a “small stool” for long periods of time and restricted restroom use. He was kicked in the lower back, causing severe pain that lasted for a month. At the same time he was subjected to forced labor and was deprived of family visits. Right after he finished the term, he was immediately taken to a brainwashing center.

On May 27, 2004, Mr. Dong was arrested when he visited another Falun Gong practitioner's home. He was sent to a labor camp for another 16 months. He was tortured with the “Tiger Bench.” Police poured ice-cold water on him repeatedly until he passed out. Police also put wasabi oil into his nose to inflict pain. Right after he finished the labor camp term, he was taken to a brainwashing center again, but released soon after he held a hunger strike to protest.

In July 2007, police arrested Mr. Dong in his own store and confiscated his belongings. Some of them were never returned to him. Police punched him and struck him in the head with unopened bottles of water. Mr. Dong was sent to a labor camp for one year and 28 days.

Details of complaint in Chinese

Yang Zhiqiang (杨志强)

Profession: UnknownHometown: TianjinDate filed: August 15, 2015

Key Facts

Mr. Yang Zhiqiang, 61, filed a lawsuit for his wife and himself. His wife Dong Yuying died after spending three years and ten months in the Tianjin Women's Labor Camp for her belief in Falun Gong. In the labor camp, police tortured and sexually assaulted her by inserting four tooth brushes into her vagina. She was violently beaten and force-fed, causing her to lose three teeth. Her weight dropped from 80kg to 40kg. Ms. Dong died on March 17, 2005, four months after she returned home from the labor camp.

Mr. Yang was arrested three times and detained for a total of 19 months and 15 days. He was first arrested and detained for 15 days on July 20, 1999, when he and his wife went to Beijing to appeal on behalf of Falun Gong.

The couple went to Beijing again on October 1999. The wife was detained for more than a month and forced to pay 10,000 yuan before she was released. Mr. Yang was sent to a labor camp for 18 months. He was subjected to forced labor and beaten with rubber batons. Police shocked his head and body with electric batons for long periods of time. Mr. Yang still has scars all over his body fifteen years later.

While his wife was in a labor camp between 2000 and 2004, Mr. Yang was taken to a brainwashing center for a month, leaving their children unattended.

Related Report(s)Falun Dafa Practitioner Ms. Dong Yuying from Lutai Town, Ninghe County, Tianjin City Died from the PersecutionDong Yuying is Near Death in Banqiao Labor Camp in Tianjin City

Details of complaint in Chinese


In 1999, Jiang Zemin, as head of the Chinese Communist Party, overrode other Politburo standing committee members and launched the violent suppression of Falun Gong.

The persecution has led to the deaths of many Falun Gong practitioners in the past 16 years. More have been tortured for their belief and even killed for their organs. Jiang Zemin is directly responsible for the inception and continuation of the brutal persecution.

Under his personal direction, the Chinese Communist Party established an extralegal security organ, the “610 Office,” on June 10, 1999. The organization overrides police forces and the judicial system in carrying out Jiang's directive regarding Falun Gong: to ruin their reputations, cut off their financial resources, and destroy them physically.

Chinese law allows for citizens to be plaintiffs in criminal cases, and many practitioners are now exercising that right to file criminal complaints against the former dictator.