(Minghui.org) After a long day at work, Ms. Ma Fengxia slumped into bed for some much needed rest. Little did she know that it was to be short-lived. She saw flashlights swinging back and forth on her curtains, and suddenly her window burst open. Two men jumped through the window into her bedroom, screaming at her, “Hurry up! Get up right now!”

The men claimed to be police officers, and the startled Ms. Ma demanded: “Are you arresting me? What crime did I commit?” “We did not say you committed a crime, but you have to go with us.”

One of them opened the main door, and ten more policemen rushed in. They went to her husband Wang Yun's bedroom and forced him up, as well.

They searched the house and confiscated Dafa related books, two laptops, three printers, a DVD burner, Shen Yun DVDs and 500 yuan in cash.

The couple has been held in the Zhuozhou City Lintun Detention Center since their arrest on February 25, 2014, and have been denied family visitation. Policeman Yang Yugang stated that they planned to have the couple heavily sentenced.

Being snatched away by men bursting through your bedroom window in the middle of the night would be a nightmare scenario for many, but this was unfortunately nothing new for Ms. Ma and her husband. For Falun Gong practitioners all over China, this scenario is all too familiar.

Past Arrests

The couple was first arrested during the 2008 Olympic Games. More than twenty policemen from Zhuozhou Domestic Security Team surrounded the couple's home on April 24, 2008, at around 3 p.m. Someone knocked their door, claiming to be from the local utility, while policeman Yang Yugang scaled their wall to get into their yard. The police officers were armed with guns and clubs.

They raided the house, scattering things on the floor along the way. They took away Dafa-related books, Shen Yun DVDs, a computer, a printer, a DVD player, 10,000 yuan in cash and other personal items.

They were held in Lintun Detention Center, where policemen Yang Yugang and Wang Yizhong forced them to pay another 8,000 yuan before releasing them.

The police tried to arrest them again on June 12, 2010, at around 6 p.m. As soon as Ms. Ma Fengxia left home, several plainclothes agents came to their home and staked it out. A friend of theirs saw the situation and alerted the couple, who elected not to go home that night.

Their home was still under surveillance on July 3. When Wang Yun came home with his child, suddenly several cars parked near his home turned on the lights and out came several policemen. They handcuffed Mr. Wang and pushed him into the car. The rest of them followed the child home and found Ms. Ma Fengxia. They dragged her into the car and sent both of them at Xiangyang Legal Education School, also known as Xiangyang Brainwashing Center. They were held there for 19 days and released.


Wang Yun began practicing Falun Gong in 1998 and stopped when his farm work got busy. He later resumed cultivation in 2005 and found tremendous health benefits, and this time decided to stick with the practice. His wife soon joined him. Both of them have benefited tremendously physically and spiritually, and became well respected in the community for their kindness and willingness to always lend a hand.

Perpetrators:Zhuozhou Police Department:Chief Li Dongliang: 86-13313232066 (Cell) 86-312-3853866 (Office) 86-312-3867666 (Home)Domestic Security Team:Team director Yang Yugang: 86-13333126768 (Cell), 86-13333126780 (Cell)Detention Center: 86-312-3909411, 86-312-3909639Zhuozhou 610 OfficeDirector: Chen GuitingDeputy director: Xu Xuejun