(Minghui.org) Falun Dafa practitioner Mr. Wang Lansheng from Jixi City, Heilongjiang Province was imprisoned for eight years and detained at forced labor twice for another three years. On July 11, 2013, he was arrested and sentenced to four more years. He has appealed the illegal sentence to a higher level court.

Wang Lansheng and Three Other Practitioners Arrested, Brutally Tortured and Sentenced

At 12:20 a.m. on July 11, 2013, Wang Lansheng was arrested at practitioner Zhang Haitao's residence by police from the Domestic Security Division of the Jixi City Police Department and the Chengzihe Police Department. Practitioners Mr. Zhang Haitao, Mr. Zhang Zuojun and Ms. Li Haiyan were also arrested.

Police officers Jiang Yunpeng and Guan Bin from the Domestic Security Division interrogated the practitioners with torture. They used electric batons to shock Zhang Zuojun and Zhang Haitao's genitals, and tortured female practitioner Li Haiyan by squeezing her ribs, pinching her acupuncture points, dragging her by the ears, hitting her head, shocking her arms, forcing her to stand in water with bare feet and using a high voltage electric baton to shock her feet and her iron shackles, and tying up both hands to hang her suspended in the air. Wang Lansheng was also brutally tortured.

On the morning of November 5, 2013, the Chengzihe District Court in Jixi City, Heilongjiang Province sentenced Zhang Haitao to eight years' imprisonment, Wang Lansheng to four years, Zhang Zuojun to four years and Li Haiyan to three years.

The practitioners' family members hired an attorney to appeal to the middle level court. The attorneys found that the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) personnel who handled the case had severely fabricated evidence, framing and torturing the practitioners for confessions. Based on the police records, the same officers were supposedly in three different locations within a few minutes. On January 21, 2014, the attorneys demanded a retrial by the middle level court. The judge proposed just reviewing the case and replying in writing. With the attorneys and family members' persistence, the court eventually agreed to re-try the case.

The four practitioners' family members accused the Jixi City Domestic Security Division and Zhengzihe Police Department of torturing the practitioners to obtain confessions. They also accused the lower level court and procuratorate of illegal actions. On January 22 and February 12, 2014, attorneys Jiang Tianyong, Tang Jitian, Wang Cheng, Zhang Junjie, Wang Xueming, Zheng Xiang and Fu Yonggang went to the Jixi City procuratorate twice to submit the letter of accusation. As of today, the attorneys and the practitioners' families have still not received any notification documents from the Jixi City Court and Jixi City Procuratorate.

Practitioner Wang Lansheng, 45 years old, had already suffered brutal torture during his 11 years of imprisonment. He had been doused with icy water, suffocated with a plastic bag, and forced to sit on a tiger bench. He was force-fed mustard oil, concentrated salt water and salt power with chili pepper, brutally beaten and forced to do slave labor. When he was imprisoned at Jiamusi Prison, Mr. Wang saw practitioners Qin Yueming and Yu Yungang persecuted to death. Wang Lansheng recounts the persecution he suffered at the prison:

Dafa Cured Illnesses

I was born in 1969 and lived in the Fourth Group, Dong Village, Changqing Township, Chengzihe District, Jixi City in Heilongjiang Province. I had many illnesses, including severe stomach ulcers. When it got bad, I was in so much pain that I rolled on the floor. I had to take medicine every day. In early 1999, I started to practice Falun Gong. After I studied the bookZhuan Falun, I understood how to be a good person. Master Li taught us how to use the principles of Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance to guide us and think of others first while doing anything. Since I started to practice Falun Gong, all my illnesses disappeared and I never needed to take medicine again.

Appealed for Falun Dafa Twice but Arrested and Detained

Just a few months after I started to practice Falun Gong, the CCP launched the persecution. I went to Beijing to appeal and was arrested on the way to Beijing by the police in Shangzhi City. The local police from my hometown came and took me back. I was forced to write a guarantee statement that I would not appeal again.

At the end of December 2000, I went to Beijing to appeal again. I was arrested at Tian'anmen Square and detained at the Changping Detention Center for over a week. The Changping Detention Center was so full of practitioners that there was no place to sleep. Every day we were only given some poor quality rolls and had to use icy water to shower in a windy place. The ground was covered in thick ice. Later, police transferred me to the Jixi City Beijing Office. After I had been detained in the basement of the office for over ten days, I was transferred back to the Jixi City Second Detention Center. Then I started a hunger strike to protest the persecution. A month later, since my life was in great danger, I was released on January 20, 2001.

The day after I was released, I was arrested again and sent to the local police station. The police forced me to write a guarantee statement that I would not appeal again. I was not released until the afternoon on January 22. Afterwards, the police often came to my home to harass me. I had to become homeless to avoid them.

Imprisoned at Forced Labor Camp Twice, Brutally Tortured and Forced to Do Slave Labor

In February 2001, I was reported to the authorities by a person named An Laowu. Police from the Xiangyang Police Station, Jiguan District arrested me and tortured me by pouring cold water on my head and covering my head with a plastic bag to suffocate me. Later I was illegally sentenced to one year of forced labor and was transferred to the Jixi City Forced Labor Camp by officers Liu Shizeng and Niu Beihui from the Domestic Security Division in the Jiguan District Police Department.

The Jixi City Forced Labor Camp pressured practitioners to give up their belief with violence and brutal torture. They forced practitioners to smell the toilet, held practitioners' limbs to fling them back and forth, and beat them with a plastic tube. Each practitioner was monitored by several prisoners. Every day the practitioners were only given two small, poor quality rolls to eat. Other prisoners all got plenty of good quality rolls.

Once, we practitioners practiced the Falun Gong exercises. The forced labor camp captain Fan Guoyu dragged me to another room and used a police baton to beat me. The police also locked practitioner Yang Xiaoguang in a confinement room. We started to use hunger strikes to protest the persecution. A few days later, the prison police force-fed us concentrated salt water. We continued the hunger strike for a long time and our lives were in great danger. Four months later, the forced labor camp had to release us on bail for medical treatment.

After I went back home, the local police chief, Li Guangying, and others frequently came to my home to harass me. I had to become homeless to avoid them. In February 2002, I was arrested and detained again. In the detention center, I used a hunger strike to protest the persecution. The police ordered the prisoners to pry my mouth open and forcibly feed me a large amount of salt. I was sentenced to two years' forced labor and was imprisoned at Jixi City Forced Labor Camp.

During the forced labor detention, I did not cooperate with the prison's brainwashing. Officer Qi Min ordered few police to drag me to the office. A few prisoners pushed me down to the ground and several police officers used a plastic tube to brutally beat me in turn. A few months later, practitioner Zhang Minghui and I were transferred to the Mudanjiang Forced Labor Camp.

The environment in Mudanjiang Forced Labor Camp is extremely bad. It's humid and dirty. The bedding has never been changed for years and it is made of bad quality cotton. Many prisoners had slept on it before. The blankets were full of lice and fleas. A six by 30 foot bed slept close to 30 people. All the prisoners had to lie sideways with their feet against another's head. No one could move. If someone went to the restroom in the middle of the night, he could not get back to his spot. Skin diseases, lice and fleas passed around to others. Both Zhang Minghui and I were infected with flea bites and our skin was scratched raw.

We were forced to do intensive slave labor for over ten hours every day and were also mistreated every day. Our breakfast was a corn cake full of sand and our dinner was porridge with uncooked grains. The guards also forced us to work overtime to process timber. We did not have holidays or days of rest, and we were never paid.

In Spring 2003, the prison forced practitioners to sort popsicle sticks. We had to work from 5 a.m. until 9 p.m. Other than the time used to eat and use the restroom, we had to work over 14 hours every day. If we could not finish the assigned tasks, prisoners Wang Changyan, Zhang Donghui and Sun Shisheng (sent by the police to monitor us) slapped our faces, beat us and hit us with a club.

All the crimes committed against the practitioners were executed in a room without any surveillance cameras. The forced labor camp lied to the practitioners' family members, “We have the guards monitor the situation 24 hours every day. There won't be any case of someone beating the practitioners inside.” Actually, the interrogation room where the guards persecuted Falun Gong practitioners has no surveillance camera. Once, officers Wang Changyan and Zhang Donghui carried me to the interrogation room. Wang Changyan started to beat me with a board and shouted, “We don't have Falun Gong practitioners here.”

I was released at the end of 2003.

Eight Years in Prison, Witnessed Practitioners Qin Yueming and Yu Yungang Tortured to Death

Soon after I was released from prison, I was arrested again and detained at the detention center. The detention center only provided two small buns with sand inside daily, and forced me to pay ten yuan every day to cover the food cost. After I was released, I had to become homeless and destitute again.

Torture Re-enactment: Tiger Bench

In March 2005, police officer Wu Tianming and a few others from the Chengzihe District Police Department arrested me again. The police from the Domestic Security Division interrogated me with violence. Afterwards, I was sent to the Domestic Security Division in the Jiguan District Police Department. The police brutally tortured me continuously for four days with the tiger bench, force-feeding with mustard oil and hot chili powder, and not allowing me to use the restroom. On March 16, I was taken to the First Detention Center.

On July 6, 2005, the Jiguan District Court held a trial against me. When my attorney questioned the judge as to which law I broke, the judge could not answer. When the attorney questioned who the victim was, the judge could not answer that either, but he still illegally sentenced me to eight years in prison.

On July 22, 2005, my life was already in danger, but I was still imprisoned in the Strictly Controlled Team of Mudanjiang Prison. The environment there was very tough. The prison room was full of lice and I was often not allowed to drink water. I was also forced to do slave labor every day for over ten hours and not allowed to wash up afterwards. My body could not take the suffering anymore. A medical check showed that my blood had become pinkish and I had to be hospitalized for two weeks.

On August 7, 2005, Falun Gong practitioners Zhang Yuezeng, Liu Xincheng, Wu Baoku, Lu Zhengyi and I were sent to Jiamusi Prison. I was imprisoned in the Logistics Section of the prison. Prison guard Li Tiejun forced practitioners to recite the prison rules, watch a speech slandering Dafa and write “personal understandings” afterwards. Practitioner Liu Zhenchang and I only wrote truth-clarification content.

In October 2006, I was transferred to the Second Division of the First Prison District. During my imprisonment, the prison guards forced practitioner Qu Dehong to do slave labor. Qu Dehong and I used hunger strikes together to protest the persecution for a month. Qu Dehong was forcibly locked in the solitary confinement room.

In June 2007, Qu Dehong and I were transferred to the Fourth Prison District and suffered more brutal torture. On the afternoon that I was transferred, the guards incited prisoners to beat me, which resulted in injuries to my head and many areas on my body. I had to have stitches in my head. The next day, team leader Teng Shuliang, Lang Zhenming and guards Ye and Li beat me again and broke open the wound from before. My head had to be restitched and I became even weaker.

On August 1, 2007, the police moved practitioner Liu Zhenchang and me to the prison section. Liu Zhenchang used a hunger strike to protest the persecution for 46 days and was beaten and injured by team leader Lu Zhipeng and instructor Su Jiafeng from the First Section of the First Prison District. On August 7, 2007, captain Zhang Bo forced us to do gymnastics. I clarified the truth to him. He did not listen, and locked me in a confinement room for 15 days. I went on a hunger strike the whole time to protest the persecution. They force-fed me concentrated salt water every day.

On September 26, 2007, Captain Quan Wei of Jiamusi Prison's First District led prisoners Yang Xiaowei, Xiang Yang, Dong Zhihong, Ji Xiangli, Gao Libin, Li Shiqiang and Sun Hualun to beat Falun Gong practitioners. At 1 p.m., officers Li Xiangguo and Chen Xiqiang from the Second Team of the First Division hung practitioner Shan Zhiping to the iron bars of a workshop window so his feet were two feet off the ground, and tortured him for refusing to do the work. Gong Zhijun and I went over to persuade the guards to stop. Deputy Captain Quan Wei led a group of guards and prisoners to beat us badly. After the work day, the guards continued to hang Shan Zhiping on the door frame and handcuffed Gong Zhijun and me to the stairs. I was handcuffed until 9 p.m.

At the end of November 2008, Team Leader Su Jiafeng ordered prisoner Lin Jinfeng to forcibly take away my mp3 players. Then Su used an electric baton to hit my head very hard, which caused injuries to my head.

On February 10, 2011, I was transferred to the Strict Team for persecution again. Practitioners Yu Yungang, Qin Yueming, Shang Xiping, Fu Yu and I were detained on the second floor. The guards forced us to stand from 5 a.m. until 9 p.m. every day. We used hunger strikes to protest the persecution. On the fifth day, the guards ordered a few prisoners to drag me to the prison hospital and force-feed me concentrated salt water. The prison doctor, Zhao Wei, who was on duty, and a few prisoners pushed us onto a chair, pried open our mouths with pliers, clamped our tongues down and forcefully inserted tubes into our stomachs. It was very painful. Practitioner Qin Yueming's esophagus was ruptured and he was in extreme pain, but the guards said he was faking it.

The next evening after 5 p.m., the prison guards shut down the prison surveillance system. Then I heard sounds of beating from Room 207, where Qin Yueming was held. Qin Yueming was carried out shortly afterward. Then the prison police asked us for Qin Yueming’s home address. At around 7 p.m., an ambulance came and took Qing Yueming’s dead body away. A few days later, practitioner Yu Yungang was also carried away by ambulance on March 1 while his life was in great danger. On March 4, the rest of the practitioners including myself, were sent back to the previous prison district. Later we found out that Yu Yungang died on March 5 as a result of torture in the prison.

In March 2012, the prison surveillance team leader ordered the deputy instructor of the First Prison District, Chen Yongxin, to forcibly confiscate my mp3 player, digital book and Falun Gong truth-clarifying materials. Then they locked me in the confinement room for 15 days. The room was so cold many practitioners had become seriously ill there. The prison did not give me any bedding and only gave me a thin cotton jacket and pants. I was only provided two bowls of porridge per day. It was so cold that I could not sleep at all. Every minute there felt as long as a year.

On March 15, 2013, I finished the term of my sentence. The prison 610 Office conspired with the Jixi City 610 Office to send me directly to the brainwashing center as soon as I was released from prison. I firmly refused to go and finally they let me go home.

CCP personnel who directly participated in the persecution:

Jiang Yunpeng (姜云鹏), Liu Lichen (刘力臣), Guan Bin (关斌), officers, Domestic Security Division in Jixi City Police DepartmentWang Li (王力), captain, Domestic Security Division in Chengzihe Police DepartmentZheng Haijun (郑海军), deputy captain, Domestic Security Division in Chengzihe Police Department: +86-15094684701 (Cell)Yang Hongbao (杨宏宝), Jin Xidong (金锡东), Zhang Hongwei(张宏伟), officers, Domestic Security Division in Chengzihe Police DepartmentLi Bochao (李博超), driver, Domestic Security Division in Chengzihe Police Department: 15645817588Xie Shigui (谢世贵), Li Yan (李岩), technicians, Domestic Security Division in Chengzihe Police DepartmentSun Likun (孙莉坤), Judge, Chengzihe District CourtMa Lina (马莉娜), Clerk, Chengzihe District CourtXu Hong (徐红), Deputy Attorney General, Chengzihe District ProcuratorateCheng Tao (成涛), Persecution Section Chief, Chengzihe District Procuratorate