(Minghui.org) On May 22, 2014, a group of people gathered in front of Jilin Provincial Hospital, where detainees are treated, eagerly awaiting their loved ones' release from the Intensive Care Unit on the fourth floor. As they waited, some shared how their loved ones were persecuted by the CCP (Chinese Communist Party) and how relatives were retaliated against by the regime when they filed lawsuits against the perpetrators.

Finally, Ms. Sun Yanxia appeared at the door. She was so weak that her husband and daughter had to support her. Relatives came forward and surrounded her. They hadn't seen her for a year. They presented her with a flower bouquet, but she told them, “I don't have the strength to hold it.” Hearing that, some relatives started to cry.

Ms. Sun saw a young lady, Ms. Fu Guihua's daughter. She asked, “Where is your mother?” She thought Ms. Fu would be released the same day. Ms. Fu's daughter told her, “My mom is still being held in the Changchun City Third Detention Center.”

Ms. Sun didn't say anything. Her thoughts went back to half a year ago. At that time, she was also in the Third Detention Center. She saw Ms. Fu several times when she was interrogated. During one interrogation, she was so weak she was about to pass out. Ms. Fu was allowed to lend her a hand. Another time, she saw Ms. Fu's back. Ms. Fu looked haggard, with gray hair and a very thin silhouette.

Ms. Sun Yanxia and Ms. Fu Guihua are from Shaoguo Township, Nongan County, Jilin Province. Both of them are Falun Dafa practitioners who follow the principles of Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance. In March 2013, they were forcibly taken from their homes by the National Security Brigade and other units of the Nongan Police Station. They were detained, tortured, and interrogated without proper charges. Ms. Sun endured particularly savage torture. One time, the police used iron bars to crush her legs for two days and one night. It felt as if her legs were about to break off, and she almost lost consciousness several times due to the excruciating pain.

Ms. Sun and Ms. Fu were later taken to Changchun City Third Detention Center and held illegally for a year. During that time, both their family members resisted fear and the threat of retaliation by local authorities and filed charges against the perpetrators and requested the women's release. Ms. Sun and Ms. Fu also filed charges from the detention center.

On the morning of May 22, 2014, Ms. Sun's husband got a call from the deputy head of Nongan County Criminal Court to go to the Shaoguo Township Police Station to work on her release paperwork. At the police station, he found out that his wife was only being released temporarily, for medical reasons, pending trial. After relatives picked Ms. Sun up, she told them that she heard a phone call from the Nongan Courthouse to the provincial hospital, asking about her condition. The hospital said that she was too weak to stand trial.

Near Death, Ms. Sun Incarcerated in the Special Detainee Unit of the Hospital

Early on June 3, 2013, Ms. Sun was at Ms. Fu's home when police officers broke down a section of wall and destroyed the security door. They seized Ms. Sun, Ms. Fu, and Ms. Fu's daughter. They also took Ms. Sun's husband, who was in the backyard. While the two women were detained, the local police tried nine times to fabricate charges against them, but the charges were rejected by the local court nine times.

The women's health deteriorated significantly in detention. Policeman Tang Ke beat Ms. Sun, and she developed symptoms of cirrhosis, a fallopian tube tumor, and hepatitis B. Ms. Fu's blood pressure reached 190, and she was very thin. By the end of 2013, Ms. Sun's fallopian tube tumor had grown so big, it was life-threatening. Even so, local authorities such as the 610 Office refused to grant her a “medical parole" and didn't allow her family to visit her.

Policeman Tang Ke later lied to Ms. Fu's family, telling them that Ms. Sun Yanxia was in the Changchun Forced Labor Camp Hospital. But Ms. Sun's family found out from another policeman that Ms. Sun was in the provincial hospital. They confirmed with the hospital that Ms. Sun was in the special detainee unit of the hospital.

On April 3, 2014, Ms. Sun's family went to the hospital to see about her. They were told by the staff that the doctors would only talk to the policeman in charge of Ms. Sun's case. The policeman could then tell them how Ms. Sun was doing. If Ms. Sun's family members wanted to see her, they would have to get an approval from the Third Detention Center and be accompanied by a policeman from the detention center.

After Ms. Sun was released on May 22, 2014, her family members found a Statement of Charges in Ms. Sun's possession. The Statement of Charges was issued by the Nongan County Procuratorate and was full of fabricated facts, forged witnesses, and tampering with the number and time of additional investigations.

This fraudulent Statement of Charges was put together after several months of finagling on the part of the Changchun Municipal Court, the Procuratorate, the Political and Legal Affairs Committee, the 610 Office, the Nongan County Court, and the police station.

The fraudulent Statement of Charges states that, on October 26, 2013, and January 10, 2014, the case was returned to the Nongan Police Statement for additional investigation, when in fact, the Nongan County Prosecutorate returned the case to the local police station at least nine times. Ms. Sun's family kept detailed records of each additional investigation request.

The document also states that, after investigation, the police found that Ms. Sun and Ms. Fu made 38 Falun Gong banners from March to May 2013, and that Ms. Fu hung those banners along roads in Shaoguo Township, Nongan County. Witnesses are: Yu Chengen, Li Yaoguo, He Dongxu, and Wang Xiaogang. However, Ms. Sun Yanxia and Ms. Fu Guihua have never met these "witnesses." Who are they and how did they get to be "witnesses?" Some of them are CCP officials.

Ms. Sun told friends and relatives that during her detention, she was in bed a lot. She felt dizzy and fatigued, and she didn't even have the strength to move her hand. During the six months after she was severely beaten, she often felt she couldn't breathe and her heart was about to stop in her sleep. Then she would be woken up by that out-of-breath feeling and her own wailing. When people who shared the same detention room heard her cry, they would come over and rub her heart, trying to revive her. Lately, Ms. Sun has been dozing off often. Relatives are worried she may pass away in her sleep.

Ms. Sun also described how terribly she was treated in the hospital over the previous two months. Her feet were shackled to the bed and chained together. She had to use a bedpan to relieve herself. She was not allowed to use the restroom when she needed to. The only times she could use the restroom were from 6 to 7 a.m. and from 6 to 7 p.m. The hospital supervisor said that detainees had to be shackled, even when they were paralyzed or in a vegetative state. Ms. Sun saw detainees being shackled right after their surgeries. Monitoring devices were installed throughout the hospital room and would sound off whenever anyone moved close to the window.