(Minhui.org) Officers from the Bangbu City 610 Office and the domestic security division arrested Ms. Liang Yu at about 1 p.m. on November 11, 2013, while she was taking care of her ill father in the hospital. She was admitted to the Huainan City Detention Center.

Ms. Liang's father's condition worsened after her arrest and from the constant police harassment. He later passed away without her knowledge. During this time, Ms. Liang's mother was harassed and detained. She had to leave home to avoid further persecution.

Daughter Illegally Detained, Father Passes Away

When Ms. Liang was arrested at the hospital, her father became so frightened that he lost consciousness. The police also went to her home in Huainan City, her parents' home, and their rented home and ransacked them. Her mother, Ms. Liang Huaiyuan, was arrested and taken to the Bangbu Police Station. She later had to be taken to the hospital for emergency treatment.

After Ms. Liang Huaiyuan was released from the hospital, she went to take care of her husband even though she had not completely recovered. The police continued to go to the hospital to harass her. They also tried to force her to give up practicing Falun Dafa and to sign “evidence” against her daughter. When she refused to cooperate with them, they threatened to send her to a brainwashing center. Fearful that his wife would get arrested again and under constant harassment, Ms. Liang Huaiyuan's husband passed away.

Ms. Liang Yu's family went to the Huainan City Detention Center to ask the guards to allow her to go to the funeral. The guards refused their request and didn't even notify her of her father's death.

In 2006, Ms. Liang Yu's grandmother was persecuted to death. Ms. Liang was being held in a forced labor camp at the time, and wasn't told of her grandmother's death or allowed to go to the funeral.

Ms. Liang Yu is still being held at the Huainan City Detention Center. Her mother has been forced to leave home to avoid further persecution.

Persecuted for Her Belief

Ms. Liang Yu, 33, started practicing Falun Dafa in 1996. She went to Beijing to appeal for the right to practice Falun Dafa on July 20, 1999, and was arrested by officers from the 610 Office. She was escorted back to her university and interrogated.

She applied to graduate school, but was not accepted because she refused to answer questions slandering Falun Dafa on the graduate student entrance examination. She didn't let that deter her and went out and got a job.

Ms. Liang was later unjustly fired from her job after she was arrested and sentenced to forced labor because she clarified the truth and mailed Falun Gong materials. Afterwards, she left home to avoid further arrest and persecution.