(Minghui.org) On December 31, 2013, the police broke into Falun Gong practitioner Mr. Bai Sanyuan's home, arrested him again and took him to Lanzhou City Prison in Gansu Province.

When family members went to visit Mr. Bai in prison on February 13, 2014 they noticed that he was very thin and frail. He told them that he was forced to do hard labor and it was very hard for him to even walk from his cell to the factory where he had to work.

Mr. Bai is a 51-year-old farmer who lives in Pingbao Township. Over the years, he has been awarded several farming technology certificates by the provincial and municipal governments. He was one of the few farmers in Pingbao Township to be given such high honors.

Mr. Bai has suffered tremendous persecution since July 1999. He was tortured in detention, and as a result, his weight dropped dramatically and he became little more than a skeleton. His arms and legs became stiff and he could no longer move, except for one of his little fingers. When he was hospitalized, his roommates called him “the living specimen.” In 2004 his family was allowed to take him home but the harassment from the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) never stopped.

On May 16, 2010, Zhang Mingrui, deputy head of the Jingyuan County Police Department, Pan Qianrui, head of the Domestic Security Team, and several other officers arrested Mr. Bai and took him to the Jingyuan County Detention Center, where he was tortured on the Tiger Bench twice. The first time, he was tortured for two days and the second time, for eight days. As a result, his left leg became paralyzed. Zhang Hongzhong was the head of the team where Mr. Bai was detained.

Mr. Bai was sentenced to six years in prison on July 12, 2010 and taken to Lanzhou City Prison. On May 31, 2011, he was hospitalized due to anemia and gallstones.

On July 4, 2011, the hospital notified Mr. Bai's family that he was critically ill. He was taken home by a group of officers led by He Qin, head of the Sixth Ward, on July 7.

After he returned home, Mr. Bai developed blisters all over his body. Starting from July 21, he suffered unbearable pain in his ribs and back. His family took him to Jingyuan County Hospital on July 28, where their request to have him hospitalized was denied. The reason given by the hospital was that his critically ill condition was beyond medical treatment. The family took him to Lanzhou City Hospital on July 29. He was admitted and stayed in Intensive Care fighting for his life.

During those critical days, Mr. Bai never gave up his belief in Falun Dafa. His family and friends were very supportive and made every effort to help him. Eventually, he survived after struggling for forty days. He underwent surgery to remove gallstones in February 2012. The two hospitalizations cost over eighty thousand yuan.

While he was recovering at home, Mr. Bai was constantly harassed by the Lanzhou City Prison authorities, who demanded he return to the prison twice a year for a medical examination. Jing Shixu, political head at the Pingbao Township Police Station, went to the prison several times, demanding that Mr. Bai be readmitted to prison.

Parties involved in the persecution of Mr. Bai Sanyuan:

Chu Zhiyong (楚志勇), head of Lanzhou City Prison
Mou Jianfeng (牟建峰), head of sixth ward, Lanzhou City Prison
Jing Shixu (景世旭), political head of Pingbao Township Police Station: +86-15109438715