(Minghui.org)  Falun Gong practitioner Mr. Yu Huinan died as a result of being tortured at the hands of the communist regime on January 4, 2006. This news has been delayed for eight years due to the information blockade in China.

It is known that officers from the Canglang District 610 Office tried to prevent people from ever hearing about the death of Mr. Yu.

Mr. Yu, 58 at the time of his death, was an officer of the Suzhou City Science Committee in Jiangsu Province.

Mr. Yu was arrested on November 26, 2000, for distributing Falun Gong informational materials. He was illegally sentenced to eight years in prison and held in Suzhou No. 3 Prison. He was tortured because he refused to renounce Falun Gong. His weight dropped to only 80 pounds, and he was taken to the Suzhou City No. 5 Hospital. The doctors said that he could no longer be treated, and he was released in December 2005.

Before his death, Mr. Yu told his wife, Ms. Weng Jianzhen, “I cannot tell you what I have suffered. If I did, you could not bear it.”

A History of Persecution

Practitioners from Suzhou embarked on a large scale truth clarification activity in November 2000. Falun Gong information could be seen everywhere in Suzhou on November 20, 2000.

As a result, the police arrested over 30 practitioners by the end of December 2000, with the majority being sentenced to forced labor or prison.

Among those arrested were Mr. Yu, his wife, and their two daughters. They were arrested on November 26, 2000, and taken to the the Canglang District Police Department. The family's home was ransacked.

Mr. Yu was interrogated around the clock by Liu Baosheng, director of the police department; Ye Chengliang, a chief of the department; and Liu Jianhua.

His wife, Ms. Weng Jianzhen, and his younger daughter, Ms. Yu Fang, a college student, were released after a short time, while Mr. Yu was held in the Suzhou City No. 1 Detention Center over 10 months. His other daughter, Ms. Yu Jin, was held in the Suzhou City No. 2 Detention Center for over 10 months.

Mr. Yu Huinan and Ms. Yu Jin were tried in the Huqiu District Court in October 2001. Mr. Yu was sentenced to eight years in prison and taken to the Suzhou No. 3 Prison. Ms. Yu Jin was sentenced to seven years in prison and taken to the Nantong Prison.

The younger daughter, Ms. Yu Fang, was arrested for distributing informational materials about Falun Gong in March 2001. She was sentenced to three years of forced labor by Zhou Xueliang, an agent of the Canglang District 610 Office. She was taken to Judong Women's Forced Labor Camp. She was transferred to the Shangfangshan Brainwashing Center in March 2001. She was deprived of sleep, not allowed to speak, and forced to watch fabricated stories that slandered Falun Gong.

The wife, Ms. Weng Jianzhen, was arrested by Liu Jianhua and officers from the Park Police Station in March 2004. Her home was ransacked. Because they found a DVD about Falun Gong, she was sentenced to one year of forced labor. She was taken to Judong Women's Forced Labor Camp the same month.

Summary of Key Persecution Facts:
Yu Huinan(俞惠男)
Gender: Male Age: 58 Address: Room 5-403, 12 Pangmuxing Bridge, Muxingxin Village, Changlang District, Suzhou City Occupation : Officer with the Suzhou City Science Committee Date of Death: January 4, 2006 Date of Most Recent Arrest: July 5, 2009 Most Recent Place of Detention: Suzhou City Prison (苏州监狱 ) City: Suzhou Province: Jiangsu Persecution Suffered : Imprisonment, home ransacked, interrogation, detention