(Minghui.org) For practicing Falun Gong, Mr. Wang Zibiao from Daqing, Heilongjiang Province was illegally arrested and detained. Because his wife was previously tortured to death for refusing to renounce her belief, his family expressed concern about his health and safety.

Mr. Wang, 65, retired from the Daqing Building Materials Company. He was arrested at his home on October 23, 2014.

Officers also took away Falun Gong books and many of his personal belongings, including printers, laminators, Shen Yun DVDs, and three copies of the Nine Commentaries on the Communist Party.

Visitation and Release Denied

Mr. Wang’s family was not informed of his arrest until the next morning, when his son was notified by Sun Zhaoyong, deputy head of the Third Criminal Police Team of Ranghulu Police Station, and told that his father was held at the Daqing No. 3 Detention Center in the Rang District of Daqing City.

His son went to the police station and asked to visit his father. Sun refused to allow the visit and instead ordered him to sign his father's detention warrant. When he refused to sign, Sun threatened to forge his signature.

Mr. Wang’s family returned to the police station on October 27 and asked for his release, but only his son was allowed in. Sun again demanded that he sign the detention warrant, which he refused.

When pressed for the reason of Mr. Wang's arrest, officers directed his family to the 610 Office, which revealed that Mr. Wang was arrested because he practices Falun Gong.

Wife Tortured to Death

Mr. Wang began practicing Falun Gong in 1997 after he witnessed its healing effect on his wife, Ms. Yang Lifan.

Ms. Yang previously suffered from acute gastritis, a bruised knee bone, and uterine bleeding. She visited many hospitals but could not find a cure. After she began practicing Falun Gong, she regained her health.

Seeing his wife's recovery, Mr. Wang began practicing Falun Gong with her. Soon, the chest pain he had suffered for years due to a work injury disappeared. He recalled that by conducting himself according to Falun Gong’s principles of “Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance” to be a better person, he got rid of his bad temper and no longer quarreled with his wife.

His family's life turned upside down in July 1999, when the Chinese Communist Party began its nationwide persecution of Falun Gong.

Mr. Wang’s wife was repeatedly arrested and detained because she refused to give up her belief. She was twice tortured, and her physical condition deteriorated. After she was released, police continued harassing and threatening her until she passed away on July 23, 2002, at the age of 47.

Perpetrators' Contact Information:Yu Xiliang, head of Ranghulu Police Station: +86-18945602000, +86-13394650009Jiao Yuhua, deputy head of Ranghulu Police Station: +86-13394663833, +86-18603677303Sun Zhaoyong, deputy head of the Third Criminal Team: +86-18345534555