Summary of Key Persecution Facts: Name: Jiang Xiaoying (江小英(江晓英)) Gender: Female Age: In her 50s Address: Jiujiang City, Jiangxi Province Occupation: Nurse at the Jiujiang City No. 5 Hospital Date of Most Recent Arrest: 2003 – still being held Most Recent Place of Detention: Jiujiang City No. 5 Hospital (九江市第五医院) City: Jiujiang Province: Jiangxi Persecution Suffered: Forced labor, brainwashing, illegal sentencing, forced injections/drug administration, beatings, imprisonment, torture, physical restraint, mental hospital, detention

Release Falun Dafa Practitioner Ms. Jiang Xiaoying

Ms. Jiang Xiaoying, a nurse at the Jiujiang City No. 5 Hospital in Jiangxi Province, refused to renounce her belief in Falun Dafa and the principles of Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance. She has been subjected to inhuman psychiatric persecution over the last 10 years. We call upon people worldwide to demand her release.

Transferred to a Psychiatric Hospital

Ms. Jiang is originally from Duchang County in Jiangxi Province, where she was formerly employed as a nurse at the Duchang County Hospital. She was transferred to the Jiujiang City No. 5 Hospital, a psychiatric hospital, in 1997.

She started practicing Falun Gong in 1995 and had benefited mentally and physically from the practice.

Since the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) launched the persecution against Falun Gong in 1999, she has been repeatedly detained, sentenced to forced labor and prison terms, subjected to brainwashing, tortured, and injected with psychoactive drugs.

Torture and Injection of Unknown Drugs

Ms. Jiang was detained at the Majialong Forced Labor Camp in Jiujiang City in 2004. Guards ordered criminal inmates to harass and mistreat her. They pinched and beat her, tearing her skin and injuring her. Her clothes stuck to her wounds and it was extremely painful to remove them after the blood had dried. When she passed out from the pain, the inmates claimed that she was faking it and stabbed her fingers with needles. They threw a big thermos full of boiling water on her. Besides being severely burnt, her bedding was wet and she was forced to sleep on it.

She was emaciated and couldn't take care of herself. The guards ordered the inmates to inject her with unknown drugs when she slept at night. Ms. Jiang eventually became mentally disordered at the Majialong Forced Labor Camp.

When her term ended, officials at the forced labor camp and administrators at the No. 5 Hospital had her transferred to the hospital.

The medical staff injected drugs that damaged her central nervous system and force-feed her. It was rumored that she was tied when injected unknown drugs and the mental patients were ordered to attack her.

Ms. Jiang asked to be released many times, without success. Hospital security guard Ke threatened her, saying “If you make a noise again, I will take you back to the forced labor camp.”

Temporary Release

Ms. Jiang's daughter was able to have her mother temporarily released to spend the Chinese New Year with the family. After the holidays, officials of the No. 5 Hospital had her transferred back to the hospital, so she could be treated as a mental patient. Because she refused to renounce her belief, the mental and physical torture continued.

Ex-Husband Involved in Persecuting Her

Ms. Jiang's ex-husband, Pan Minghua, the former deputy Party secretary of the Jiujiang City Water Resource Bureau, actively participated in persecuting his former wife. He reported on her to the 610 Office in 2003, which resulted in her arrest and subsequent transfer to Majialong Forced Labor Camp.

Pan demanded that she sign the divorce papers. When she refused, police officer Lin Lin signed the paperwork on her behalf.

Near the end of her forced labor term, her friend asked Pan to notify her family to pick her up, for the sake of their child. In the past when her term had ended, no one came to get her, so the officials arbitrarily extended her sentence. Pan responded, “I don't want to get involved. She might as well just die.”

Little did he know that he himself would die first—of cancer on September 23, 2006. Many who knew the couple thought Pan's death was caused by the karmic retribution from treating his ex-wife so ruthlessly.