Summary of Key Persecution Facts:
Li Rendong (李仁东)

Age: 51
Address: Zhoutiange Village, Jiage Subdistrict, Anqiu City
: Entrepreneur

Date of Most Recent Arrest:
May 28, 2013

Most Recent Place of Detention:
Liujiayao Brainwashing Center (刘家尧洗脑班 )



Persecution Suffered
: Electric shock, forced labor, brainwashing, illegal sentencing, solitary confinement, torture, extortion

Key Persecutors:
Zhang Xingchen (张兴臣), Li Shenghua (李升华)

On May 28, 2013, officers from the Anqiu City 610 Office in Shandong Province and local police arrested Mr. Li Rendong at his home. He has been detained in the Liujiayao Brainwashing Center in Anqiu. Mr. Li's family members went to the brainwashing center to request for his release but the officials there refused their request.

Mr. Li Rendong, 51 years old, is a resident of Zhoutiange Village, Jiage Subdistrict in Anqiu. He follows the principles of Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance and is a well-known, law-abiding citizen. He always happily helps others. He has a roof repair business with good reputation for trustworthy service. He always puts his customers first and has been praised by his customers for years.

Couple Practices Falun Gong and Benefits the Whole Family

Mr. Li and his wife Ms. Ji Xiulan began to practice Falun Gong in 1997. Before taking up the practice, Ms. Ji often had conflicts with her mother-in-law and the family was not harmonious. She also suffered coronary heart disease, neuropathic headaches, and sciatica. Due to her severe coronary heart disease, she sometimes became bedridden and was unable to perform ordinary house chores. After she began to practice, her health condition immediately improved. Four months later, all of her illnesses disappeared.

Mr. Ji often told others, “Not only did I gain a healthy body, but I also learned many principles of how to be a good person. Falun Gong is such a good practice, I must be diligent.” Ms. Ji became filial to her mother-in-law. Their family became harmonious and peaceful. Later, their home became a site for group study and exercise. The couple voluntarily taught the Falun Gong exercises to whoever was interested in learning. Many people learned Falun Gong there.

The couple follows the principles of Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance and are well-known as kind people in their area. Fellow villagers and villagers from neighboring villages all know about them. Under their influence, their children became good kids with top academic achievements.

Family Broken Apart after Suffering Persecution Several Times

After the persecution of Falun Gong began in July, 1999, Mr. Li and Ms. Ji went to Beijing several times to appeal for justice for Falun Gong. They were detained by police on each occasion, sometimes for several days, sometimes for several months.

In 2000, the coupled walked 400 miles to Beijing over fifteen days to appeal. They were arrested. Ms. Ji was detained in the Anqiu Detention Center. Mr. Li was sentenced to three years of forced labor after he was brutally tortured and had more than 10,000 yuan extorted from him. He was detained in the Changle Forced Labor Camp where he was subject to brutal torture such as being shocked with electric batons and confined in a solitary cell.

After Ms. Ji was released, she had to support the family all by herself. Local police officers often went to her home to harass her. She was under extreme pressure mentally and physically. During their past experience of being detained, their family had more than 43,000 yuan extorted from them, and they lived a difficult life. They did not have enough money for their children's tuition. Three months after Mr. Li was detained in the labor camp, one day, Ms. Ji felt a sudden chest pain. Since then, the pain became worse and worse. In May of 2003, she passed away.

Persecution Never Stopped

After Mr. Li was released from the labor camp, later, he remarried. He found a partner and restarted his business. He was still the same, following the principles of Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance and putting others first. He gained trust from his partner and their business went well. His family's financial situation improved. But the local police had never stopped harassing him.

On the evening of April 18, 2007, Mr. Li was arrested then detained. He was arrested again at his home on the morning of March 1, 2008 by the police from Xing'an Street Police Station. For the third time, police officer Zhang Xingchen and Li Shenghua arrested him and sent him to the detention center. Police extorted more than 40,000 yuan from him with the threat of being sentenced to forced labor.

Currently, Mr. Li is being detained in the Liujiayao Brainwashing Center. His family is again living under pressure.

Translated from the edited version of: http://www.minghui.org/mh/articles/2013/6/11/乡邻赞许的好人被山东安丘市六一零洗脑班劫持-275201.html