Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Mr. Luo Wen, Severely Abused in Detention Secretly, Sentenced to Seven Years in Prison

August 19, 2013 |   By a Minghui correspondent from Hubei Province, China


Summary of Key Persecution Facts

Name: Luo Wen (骆文)
Gender: Male
Age: 45 (Born in 1968)
Address: Baguazui, Huangshi City, Hubei Province
Occupation: Former employee at Huangshi Railroad Bureau
Date of Most Recent Arrest: July 19, 2011
Most Recent Place of Detention: Shayang Prison (沙洋监狱)
City: Huangshi
Province: Hubei
Persecution Suffered: Detention, home ransacked, extortion, kicked in the head, forced labor, brainwashing, illegal sentencing, imprisonment, interrogation by torture, denied visitation.

Mr. Luo Wen, a Falun Gong practitioner from Xisai Mountain Area, Huangshi, Hubei Province, was sentenced to seven years in 2012. He was tortured to gain a confession and eight teeth were broken as a result. He is being detained in Shayang Prison.

Mr. Luo has been detained for two years. Sheng Jiangang from the Domestic Security Division has not allowed his family to visit him. The Domestic Security Division, the 610 Office and the court framed Mr. Luo, who is innocent of any crime, in order to sentence him to prison.

Mr. Luo worked for the Huangshi Railroad Bureau. He suffered severe Menier's Syndrome in 1995. His health was restored soon after he started to practice Falun Dafa. He is an upright and decent person. He works hard and is happy to help others. He is well-known as a good person among his relatives, friends, neighbors and colleagues.

After the persecution of Falun Gong began, Mr. Luo was repeatedly persecuted by the Chinese Communist Party (CCP). He was arrested, detained and sentenced many times. In March 2007, Zhou Xianjun, Chief of the Domestic Security Division at that time, led five plainclothes officers to break into Mr. Luo's home and take him away. They also rummaged through his home and took away his computer, cell phone and other property. Mr. Luo's wife managed to retrieve a bank book from the police when she came home. The police didn't present any legal documents nor go through any legal procedure in the illegal arrest or home ransacking. Mr. Luo was sent to the Baguazhui Lockup Center.

During the detention, Zhou Xianjun transferred Mr. Luo to a guest house in Wangjiawan and tortured him for a confession. The reason for the transfer was that they didn't want to leave any photographic or video evidence on camera in the lockup center. Mr. Luo was sent to the Aikang Hospital for emergency treatment several days later. Eight of his teeth had been broken. He lost his hearing and could not stretch his back. The police were afraid to take responsibility for his health and transferred him to the Huangshi Centeral Hospital. They left Mr. Luo, who had been severely injured, for his wife to take care of him.

Mr. Luo and his wife had both lost their jobs at that time. Their child was still in school. Their poor financial situation had gotten even worse. When his health improved, Mr. Luo knew that the police would not leave him alone, so he left home and went to Shenzhen. The police unlocked the door and sneaked into his home twice when no one was present. Mr. Luo's wife changed the lock after the police got in the first time.

Mr. Luo was arrested again in July 2011. He was taken back to Huangshi. Sheng Jiangang, Chief of the Domestic Security Division at that time, submitted his case to the Xisaishan District Procuratorate. The Procuratorate returned the case to the Xisaishan District Police Department because of insufficient evidence. The two departments pushed the case back and forth. During this period, Mr. Luo's parents and wife were not allowed to visit him. Finally, the Politics and Law Committee, the 610 Office and the police reached an agreement and the court set a trial date for Mr. Luo.

Mr. Luo's attorney entered a not guilty plea. Prosecutor Yang Lixia and Judge Sun Li rudely struck the tables several times to interrupt the attorney. Finally the attorney said, “You don't allow me to speak. I can have no words.” They restrained their presumptuous attitudes a little bit. The attorney continued, “I have been an attorney for more than 20 years. I never before seen a person who is not able to stand and yet is handcuffed and shackled and forcibly brought to the court.” Embarrassed, the judge announced an adjournment.

Several days later, the court secretly sentenced Mr. Luo to seven years in prison. They didn't inform his family of the decision.

When they learned of the sentence, Mr. Luo's family asked the attorney to appeal to the Huangshi Intermediate Court. The intermediate court refused to accept the appeal and stated that they were “maintaining the original sentence.” When Mr. Luo's family went to the intermediate court for the second time, they were told that Mr. Luo had been sent to Hongshan Prison in Hubei Province. Similarly, the family hadn't received any notification.

Mr. Luo's family and attorney were outraged. They spent two days trying to find information about Mr. Luo's situation. Finally, they learned from a private channel that he had been sent to Shayang Prison. During that time, Mr. Luo's wife spent several hundred yuan in transportation costs, which further worsened her difficult financial situation.

Related article:

The Persecution of Mr. Luo Wen's Family in Huangshi City, Hubei Province

Mr. Luo Wen Still Detained in the Huangshi First Detention Center

Mr. Luo Wen from Huangshi City, Hubei Province on the Brink of Death

Mr. Luo Wen Faces Trial in Huangshi, Hubei Province

Mr. Luo Wen Tortured in Huangshi First Detention Center