(Minghui.org) Ms. Cao Yuzhen, in her 70s, was subjected to forced labor for practicing Falun Dafa. She was taken to the Heizuizi Women's Forced Labor Camp in Changchun on August 12, 2011.

Ms. Cao suffered from heart problems, stomach problems, and cholecystitis prior to practicing Falun Dafa. She started practicing in March 1996 and her illnesses disappeared shortly afterwards. She strives to be a better person by following the principles of Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance.


At around 7:00 p.m. on July 27, 2011, officer Tang Hailong and officer Liu from Zhenxing Police Station in Dehui, Jilin Province, arrested Mr. Cao at home, and took away her computer, printer, Falun Dafa books, and a picture of the founder of Falun Dafa. They detained Mr. Cao in the Zhengxin Police Station overnight, and then took her to the Weizigou Detention Center in Changchun early the next morning.

On August 12, 2011, without following any legal procedure, Ms. Cao was taken to the Heizuizi Women's Forced Labor Camp and incarcerated there for 18 months.

While Ms. Cao was jailed at the labor camp, the two officers from the Zhenxing Police Station visited her home twice. They threatened her daughter and son-in-law, and forced them to burn all of her Falun Dafa books and related printouts in her yard.

Torture and Beatings

On her first day in the labor camp, guards forced Ms. Cao to sit on a small stool. She was too old to do so. Guard Zhang Lihong and two inmates dragged her into a disciplinary room, slapped her in the face and beat her. Zhang shocked her using an electric baton. The director of the First Ward, Wei Dan, was at the scene but pretended nothing happened. Ms. Cao shouted, “Teacher, please save me!” They suddenly stopped. They later attempted to force her to do hard labor. Ms. Cao refused.

Further Torture of Practitioners

For a whole month, practitioner Ms. Wang Yan was forced to stand daily from 3:00 p.m. to midnight. Although her legs were swollen, guards forced her to keep jumping, and deprived her of restroom use.

Practitioner Mr. Zheng Xiuqin was tortured in the same way. When she was not able to stand on her own, guards cuffed her hands to a bedframe. The guards deprived her of family visits and restroom use. She had to defecate in her pants.

The Cunning of the Guards

Before Ms. Cao was released, Wei Dan had a guard in the squad write a memo which stated guards had treated Ms. Cao well, and told Ms. Cao to sign and press her fingerprint on it. Ms. Cao refused to do so.