(Minghui.org) Mr. Wang Dingyi, who studies in the U.S., went back to his hometown in Xuzhou in the summer of 2012 and was arrested while clarifying the truth about Falun Gong on a bus. He was illegally detained for a week. Below Mr. Wang recounts what happened to him and his family.

Father Arrested Many Times, Detained in a Mental Hospital and Forced Labor Camp

My name is Wang Dingyi. My home is in Xuzhou, Jiangsu Province. I came to study in the U.S. in 2010. For the past few years, my family and I have been persecuted by the Chinese Communist Party (CCP), and some of my family were even persecuted to death or to disability.

My father, Wang Yongxin, started his practice of Falun Gong in 1998 after my uncle, Wang Lixin, told him about it. His stomach problems disappeared only a few days after he started practicing. He was in good spirits every day and was happy at work. My mother and I started to practice Falun Gong after we saw what happened to my father.

Unfortunately, the Jiang regime launched the persecution of Falun Gong in July 1999. My whole family was persecuted due to our belief in Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance.

My father and uncle went to Tiananmen Square to petition for Falun Gong on October 2, 1999. They were beaten, arrested, and brought back to our hometown, where they were detained in a mental hospital and injected with unknown nerve-damaging drugs.

My father was fired from his company in June 2001. My uncle escaped to Luoyang to avoid arrest by the local police and the 610 Office.

My father was arrested by officers from the Kuishan Police Station in Xuzhou on December 3, 2006. The police beat him and fractured a bone.

My father was arrested again on July 21, 2008, for carrying Falun Gong informational materials. He was detained in Xuzhou Detention Center and then sent to Fangqiang Forced Labor Camp in Jiangsu Province, where he has been frequently insulted, beaten, and tortured by criminals.

My father was arrested by the Gulou Branch of Xuzhou Police Department on April 30, 2012, and sent to Xuzhou Detention Center for five days.

Uncle Persecuted to Death in Eight Days

My uncle, Wang Lixin, was arrested by the Domestic Security Division of Luoyang Police Department for distributing truth-clarifying materials Wangcheng Park in Luoyang on the morning of February 12, 2011. He was detained at the Luoyang Detention Center and beaten. When he went on a hunger strike, policemen Zhang Jie, Liu Haigang, and Zhao Guohua force-fed him. He was beaten to death in eight days.

My uncle died on February 20, 2011, and his body was sent to the 103 Community Hospital. Staff at the hospital forged his medical records and lied, saying that he died of various illnesses. The police also forced several criminals to make fake statements. His body was taken to the Luoyang crematorium and cremated without the consent of the family. The detention center induced criminals to lie to the public and dismissed anyone who was with my uncle in cell No.7.

Arrested after Returning to China

I came to the United State to study with the help of my relatives in January 2012, escaping the persecution.

I went back to China in July 2012. When I was putting a Falun Gong sticker on a bus at around 6 p.m. on July 27, Gulou Branch of the Xuzhou Police Department officers arrest me and took me to the Xuzhou Detention Center.

They beat me many times. They handcuffed me to a big tree overnight and continued to interrogate me day and night. When I resisted, they tortured me more. They beat me over and over, forced me to stand in the sun for two hours every day, and made me sleep near the toilet every night. I was not allowed to do the Falun Gong exercises or speak. I was given nothing to eat. It was hell. After a week, I was released on August 2, 2012.

There are no human rights in China. Over the 15 years, my relatives have been persecuted to death, detained repeatedly, and deprived of their human rights. I escaped on August 20, 2012, and came back to the free land of the United States.