Name: Zhu Weiying (朱维英)
Gender: Female
Age: 61
Address: Hefei City
Occupation: Former manager at the Meishan Hotel in Hefei City
Date of Most Recent Arrest: June 2011
Most Recent Place of Detention: Suzhou No. 3 Women's Prison (安徽宿州第三女子监狱)
City: Suzhou
Province: Anhui
Persecution Suffered: Electric shock, forced labor, illegal sentencing, forced injections/drug administration, beatings, imprisonment, torture, force-feedings, physical restraint, mental hospital, home ransacked, interrogation, detention.

( Ms. Zhu Weiying's son went to the Suzhou City No. 3 Women's Prison to visit her in April 2013, and found that his mother's condition was very bad as a result of torture. She was unable to raise her head, see clearly, or walk. The prison warden said, "She has long met all the criteria to be released on medical parole, but we won't release her because she still refuses to renounce Falun Gong."

Ms. Zhu Weiying, the former vice general manager of the Meishan Hotel in Anhui Province, was a successful career woman living in Hefei City. Despite the severity of the regime's persecution, Ms. Zhu remained steadfast and kept practicing Falun Gong. During the past 14 years, the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) has never stopped persecuting her. She has been subjected to repeated detentions at brainwashing centers, mental hospitals, forced labor camps, detention centers. and prisons, where she was subjected to various forms of torture and given drugs usually given to psychiatric patients.

1. Abuse Suffered at the Mental Hospital--Continuous Drug Torture

The CCP uses drugs as a form of torture in order to break the wills of practitioners and stop them from practicing Falun Gong. Even though Ms. Zhu Weiying was completely healthy and normal, and had no history of mental problems, the CCP listed her as a mental patient and sent her to the Hefei City No. 4 People's Hospital to be persecuted in December 1999.

Persecutors at the mental hospital attempted to force her to give up practicing Falun Gong as a precondition for avoiding hospitalization. The "doctors" there forced her take medicines every day, and forbade her from practicing. They tried to force her to admit that Falun Gong was a cult. If she refused to make the statement, they increased the dosage. The drugs were those which damage the central nervous system, and are very destructive to a normal person.

Within two months, Zhu Weiying was forced to take a large amount of drugs. Her lips kept shivering, her face turned waxy yellow, and she could no longer stand. She had edema all over, and a slowed reaction time.

Giving perfectly normal people psychiatric drugs is a reflection of the evilness and cruelty of the persecution perpetrated by the CCP.

2. Repeatedly Arrested, Her House Ransacked Many Times

Ms. Zhu Weiying was sentenced to two years of forced labor in May 2002, with three months deferred. After she was released, agents from the 610 Office kept returning to her house to harass her, so she had to leave her home to avoid further persecution. 

Wang Lu and Lin Qiang from the Hefei City Domestic Security Division, a director whose last name was Miao from the Daoxiangcun Neighborhood Office, led more than ten thugs to her home at 5:00 p.m. on November 18, 2005. At least one was carrying an iron club measuring more than one meter in length. They surrounded the building where Ms. Zhu Weiying lived. They pried open the three layers of doors on Ms. Zhu's apartment, and forcibly pulled her from the third floor to a place far away from her building. Her coat and pants were torn, her toes were bruised, and the agents tried to cover up their crimes by forbidding the neighboring residents from watching. She was then forcibly taken to the Anda Brainwashing Center.

The evildoers then took Dafa books, one MP3 player, a VCD player, and one recorder from her apartment. Ms. Zhu went on a hunger strike at the brainwashing center. During her 13 day hunger strike, she was force-fed once or twice each day as a form of torture. The evildoers shouted at her, "If you still refuse to be 'transformed', you will be sent to a forced labor camp. Even if you are beaten to death, no one will know it. We can kill you just as easily as killing a dog!"

Ms. Zhu Weiying was soon on the brink of death, and the brainwashing center staff had to send her to a hospital. She escaped from the hospital. To avoid further persecution, she fled to other places and became homeless.

When Ms. Zhu was doing the Falun Gong exercises with another practitioner at 3:30 on June 21, 2008, they heard someone sawing the steel window on their roof with an electric saw. When they looked out their window, they saw the downstairs was jammed with agents and police cars, as well as fire engines.

The agents broke into the room, cuffed Ms. Zhu and the other practitioner behind their backs, and confiscated all the money and personal belongings they could find in the room. They took the two practitioners to the Hefei City Xinyu Hotel Brainwashing Center for further persecution.

3. Tortured with the Tiger Bench, Force-Feeding, and Other Methods

The director of the Hefei City Police Department personally supervised the tortures. He ordered officers to continuously hit Ms. Zhu, and shouted, "Still escaping? You almost caused us to get fired!" They then forced her to sit on the tiger bench for four days and three nights continuously. This causing her to become swollen from her feet to her groin area.

Torture re-enactment: The tiger bench

After 15 days of persecution at the brainwashing center, she was taken to the Anhui Province Women's Forced Labor Camp. On July 9, Ms. Zhu developed acute appendicitis resulting from the torture, and she was hospitalized that night for surgery. After the surgery, and before the wound had healed, she was sent back to the labor camp, and confined in a solitary confinement cell for three days before being sent back to a normal cell. During the entire time, she was given no food.

Ms. Zhu refused to cooperate with any requests from the persecutors. The guards ordered criminal detainees to carry her to the workshop from the cell every day. On the way there, she always shouted out, "Falun Dafa is good." The guards were afraid of her shouting, so they started taping her mouth shut before they carried her. They also force-fed her, and intentionally injured her mouth with a spoon, causing it to bleed.

After 36 days of persecution and abuse at the labor camp, Ms. Zhu, was sent to the Feixi County Detention Center and persecuted there for another 41 days. She was carried to the hospital and force-fed every day. The rubber tube was left inserted in her nose, instead of taking it out after the feeding, so as to torture her. Finally, she became blind, could not stand, and was unrecognizable in appearance.

After the 96 days of cruel persecution, Ms. Zhu finally left the labor camp and became homeless again. During the previous detention, her mentally challenged son went without care. The police even took him to the brainwashing center as well. Traumatized by the mistreatment, her son soon passed away.

4. Secretly Sentenced, Blinded, and Unable to Walk at the Prison

Ms. Zhu and another practitioner, Zheng Deming, were arrested at the same time in June 2011. On December 13, 2011, Ms. Zhu was put on trial and sentenced secretly by the court. During that process, the Luyang District Police Department, Procuratorate, and the Court intentionally kept Ms. Zhu's family members uninformed of the news.

Ms. Zhu Weiying's son went to the Suzhou City No. 3 Women's Prison to visit her in April 2013, and found that his mother's condition was so bad as a result of torture that she was unable to raise her head, see clearly, or walk. She was carried out for the visitation. The prison warden said, "She has long met all the criteria to be released on medical parole, but we won't release her because she still refuses to be 'transformed'."

From the detention center to the mental hospital, from the forced labor camp to the prison, with drug tortures and abuses... the CCP relentlessly continued its severe persecution of Ms. Zhu. The extent of her suffering over the past 14 years has surpassed mere words.