(Minghui.org) Because I didn't study the Fa and practice the exercises for a while, I developed serious signs of illness in December last year. Cultivation practice is very serious. I always remember that Master said, “Master has the power to turn back the tide.” (“The Master-Disciple Bond” from Hong Yin Vol. II) Under Master's merciful care, I have been through many difficulties and survived. I now have a deeper understanding of what Master said,

“There is actually much difficulty when one wants to practice cultivation. One simply cannot succeed in genuine cultivation without the protection of my fashen. As soon as you step out the door, your life may be in danger.” (Zhuan Falun)

I also more deeply see how merciful Master is in trying to save all practitioners.

Part One

The evil party's 18th conference started on November 8, 2012. Their TV station kept broadcasting news of the conference, and I occasionally watched some of these TV programs. I didn't care about what happened to the evil party; I simply wanted to see if they were committing any new crimes. When I saw Jiang on TV, I took a closer look at him, wondering how he looked. Suddenly I felt a cold wind blow into my body several times. I later realized that the old forces were watching us and would take advantage of any loopholes to persecute practitioners. A few days later, I developed several symptoms of illness. I had a high fever, and I was cold but kept sweating. At times it felt like a bucket of cold water had been poured down from my head to toes, which made me shiver. However, I still joined the group Fa study and sent forth righteous thoughts as usual.

Because of interference from the illness symptoms and the evil, I had difficulty concentrating while sending forth righteous thoughts and studying the Fa. On the third day, I was in a daze and entered a dream. I was led to another world and saw thousands of bright lights from far away. Then countless Buddhas, Taos, and Gods from different levels wearing colorful dresses were landing beside my bed. I felt very familiar with one of them. He had a merciful face and was wearing a golden kasaya. He kept on making hand signs to me. The hand signs seemed to have profound meanings, but I didn't know what they meant. He smiled at me and pointed one of his fingers at my body. I then saw black air coming out of my head, and gradually the black air formed a horrible face. “Oh, isn't it the devil, Jiang?” Then it left, feeling resentful, with a bloody mouth that was open wide.

I then realized that the cold wind that blew into my body was because I watched the evil program on TV. Master helped me drive out the evil element in my body, and I thus didn't have to suffer too much. After I woke up from the dream, I continued sending forth righteous thoughts.

Part Two

About twenty minutes later, I fell asleep again. My body felt very light, and I flew up and floated to a far away desert, but I couldn't find my way back home. I told myself to be alert so I wouldn't be taken away by the evil. I knew I must find my way back home. I forced myself to stay awake and kept walking forward. When I arrived at the foot of a mountain, I couldn't help but get a cold shiver. I saw there were many wild beasts on top of the mountain, including wolfs, tigers, jaguars, and some other animals that looked like foxes. They were all staring at me and wanted to eat me. Suddenly the mountain split, and a crack appeared. I was saved! I ran into the crack as fast as I could, even though I could see nothing. I suddenly felt that someone was pulling my chest, and I looked down and was shocked. I saw some meat hanging on my chest, and a large pig and a small pig were biting on the meat. All I thought about was running back. When I was back to where the crack was, the meat was gone, and the pain was gone as well. I was relaxed.

When I woke up, I went over what I encountered in the dream. I suddenly realized that the meat hanging on my chest was my karma, and Master removed it for me. When I closed my eyes and tried to rest, the beasts appeared again. Each was staring at me and making threatening gestures. Soon a beast that looked like a cat with long ears jumped onto my quilt. I tried to move my quilt but could move it only a little. I started sending forth righteous thoughts, and I strived to stand up and with my palm erected. At the same time I woke up.

Part Three

The next night while I was sleeping, I saw a person standing in the air sewing my scalp to a fishing pole with white thread. This person pulled me to a bridge where there were many people standing around. They threw a sharp stone at me so hard that I felt one of my bones crack. Soon, I couldn't hold on and almost fell down. At that moment, a tall person with a merciful face stood in front of me to block all the stones. It couldn't have been anyone but Master. After I woke up, my whole body was in pain, and all my bones were cracking. I touched my head gently, and I felt that my skull was broken. I realized that what I had endured was just a tiny part of the pain, and that Master had endured most of the pain for me.

Another time, the old forces tied me up with something made of pomelo pulp, and I lost my breath. At that moment, Master helped take the pomelo pulp thing off my chest so that I could breathe again. After I woke up, I saw that my left lower leg was badly swollen. It was almost as thick as my upper leg, and it was going to bleed. I touched it, and it was very hot. My heart was beating very fast. I could see my heart beating even with my clothing on. My body was shivering. Such a strong and fast heartbeat was too painful to describe in words. I had almost reached my limit of enduring the pain, but I hung on without giving up, relying on the righteous thoughts given by Dafa.

Part Four

Several days later in a dream, the evil head brought me to a black sea. A stone bowl in the shape of a lotus was floating by me. In the bowl, there were two little stones that looked like flower seeds. The evil head pointed to the bowl and asked me, “Do you still remember?” I said, “No matter if I remember it or not, I am a Falun Dafa practitioner, and I will follow Master to go back to my home.” In the following days I progressively got better, but I continued to have many weird dreams. One involved a big man in black who came to my bed. He said nothing but opened my clothing. I saw a big black net, and it looked like he was trying to take me away with the net. I told him, “I'm a Falun Dafa practitioner.” Immediately, he disappeared.

A few days later, I dreamed that I was on a slide where there were many noisy people. I looked down and saw a very big meat grinder at the bottom. People slid down one after another, and all of them went into the meat grinder. It was very scary. When it was my turn to slide down, I felt someone touching me, thus I didn't slide down. Instead, a person behind me slid down into the meat grinder. I heard him scream miserably, but I could see nothing. I was so frightened that I awoke from the dream, covered in sweat. My wife was awakened by me. She asked, “What happened? Are you ok?” I calmed down and told her my dream. She told me that the one who pushed me was Master. He saved me again! I was so touched and wanted to say something to express my appreciation, but I could say nothing. Instead, I started crying.

For many days, I looked inside myself, and I realized that I have so many impure thoughts and attachments. As a Dafa practitioner, I must put down all my human notions, and cooperate with others to act as one body to do the three things well.

This is the process I went through with my illness tribulations and some of my experiences and thoughts. Please kindly point out anything inappropriate.