Falun Gong Practitioners in Critical Condition Due to Torture at Xinxiang Women's Prison in Henan
(Minghui.org) Many women in Henan Province who practice Falun Gong have been illegally sentenced to the Xinxiang Women's Prison in Henan. There, they have been subjected to torture and other forms of persecution. Many of the practitioners are critically ill and severely mentally traumatised.
1. Ms. Chen Zhenping is from Xin Village, Guanhu Town, Jinshui District, Zhengzhou City. She was illegally arrested in 2008 and sentenced to eight years of imprisonment. She was detained and persecuted at the Xinxiang Women's Prison for four years. From years of torture and maltreatment, her body is severely injured, her eyesight is very poor, and she is still suffering from a mental collapse.
As part of attempting to force Ms. Chen to give up her belief in Falun Dafa, the prison officials had two prisoners take turns applying brainwashing techniques to Ms. Chen from 7 a.m. to 12 midnight. The prisoners' names are Zhu Xianzhi (from Yanshi City, Henan Province) and Wang Hongmei (from Sanmenxia City, Henan Province). They then deprived her of sleep until as late at 3 a.m.
Warden Tong Guorong ordered criminal inmates to steal Ms. Chen's money, which had been given to her by her daughter. Ms. Chen was then unable to purchase her daily necessities. The Warden met with her every week, trying to make her write a false statement that she did not encounter any persecution.
2. Ms. Zhao Xilian of Zhengzhou City was sentenced to seven years of imprisonment at the Xinxiang Women's Prison and is detained in Warden District No. 9. The police confined her in a small cell. Chinese Communist Party (CCP) Committee chief Guan Chunjie stripped off Ms. Zhao's clothes and filmed her bathing to humiliate her. Ms. Zhao has lost teeth and is mentally disoriented from the torture. 3. Ms. Wang Ling of Zhengzhou City was subjected to torture, brainwashing and sleep deprivation by other prisoners around the clock. As a result, she became severely ill. The prison guards took her to a hospital, where she was injected with unknown drugs. Afterwards, she became weak, had pain throughout her body, developed a rash and became incontinent.
4. Ms. Zhang Furong was robust and healthy when she was first taken to the prison. After being detained in Xinxiang Women's Prison for less than a year, Ms. Zhang had difficulty walking. The police claim that Ms. Zhang was malingering. Ms. Zhang later died less than two months after returning home.
5. Ms. Wang Junying of Jiaozuo City was sentenced to two years of forced labor, and then sentenced to six years of imprisonment. In September 2012, before Ms. Wang was sent to the prison, an agent from the Jiaozuo Neighorhood 610 office told her that if she would “transform”, they would allow her to return home and resume her job.
6. Ms. Liu Qingying of Kaifeng City was bedridden and dying after being in a detention center for eight months. Later, she was forcibly sent to Xinxiang Women's Prison for further torture. On the time of arrest, 610 Office agent Liu Yuejin told her: “Now, I am keeping your money. When you need money, just ask your son to earn more for you.”
The above are only a handful of brutal crimes among countless that have been occurring at the Xinxiang Women's Prison.