(Minghui.org) The second trial of Mr. Su Kun and his wife, Ms. Zhang Xiaodan, resumed at the Kunming Middle Court at 9:30 a.m. on April 7, 2013. The trial was scheduled to start at 9:30 a.m., however it did not start until 11:30 a.m. Not long after the trial started, presiding judge Yang Jie, stopped the defense attorney from questioning the defendants, and said the defense attorney could only ask her pre-approved questions. The defense attorney disagreed. Judge Yang became angry and declared the court adjourned, then left.

The defense attorney asked the trial judge when the trial would resume. The trial judge said he would be notified by phone by 12:30 p.m. The attorney did not receive a call from the trial judge that afternoon. The first trial involving Mr. Sun and Ms. Zhang was held on January 21, 2013. It was adjourned a half-hour after it started.

On April 7, more than 20 people came to the courthouse, however, only five of them were allowed to sit in where they could listen to the case. One of Mr. Su Kun's uncles was not allowed in because he did not carry his household registration to prove his relationship with Mr. Su.

This was not the first time for Yang to adjourn a court at will. During the trial of Ms. Yang Qiongxian that was held in the Kunming Middle Court in July 2012, Judge Yang ousted the defense attorney for no reason and adjourned the court. Once the attorney and defendant's family were gone, Yang secretly resume the trial.

As a presiding judge, Yang violated the rights of the defendant and the attorney. The defendant's family said they would file a complaint with the procuratorate.

Mr. Su and his wife Ms. Zhang live in the Shibo campus family compound of the Yunnan Defense Technical College in Panlong District, Kunming. The couple follow the principles of Truthfulness-Benevolence-Forbearance and are kind-hearted law-abiding citizens. The Panlong District Police have harassed them since the persecution started in July 1999. On December 6, 2004, Mr. Su, who is a computer teacher, was reported for giving the students truth clarification discs by the student's parents. He was arrested and subjected to three years of forced labor. He was first incarcerated in the third ward at the Yunnan No. 2 Force Labor Camp and then transferred to the first ward on June 28, 2007. His prison term was illegally extended for seven months. He was released in July 2008.

On May 4, 2012, officers from the Domestic Security Division of the Panlong District Police Department arrested Mr. Su and Ms. Zhang at home. They were incarcerated at the Panlong No. 2 Detention Center and the Panlong No. 1 Detention Center respectively. Officers confiscated their personal belongings, such as their desktop computer, notebook computer, portable hard drives, cell phone, Falun Dafa books, and other items. Ms. Zhang was beaten at the detention center.