(Minghui.org) Note: When the persecution first began, the author recalled what happened to practitioners when they went to Beijing to appeal for an end to the persecution. Many practitioners refused to disclose personal information, and were then numerically identified by the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) officers. As we now know much more about organ harvesting from living practitioners, this process made us extremely worried.

Being a Falun Gong practitioner, I went to Beijing to appeal for an end to the persecution in October 2000. I was arrested by police and taken to a Beijing police station, then put in the station courtyard. I saw many other practitioners standing there who also had come to appeal. I learned that to handle all the practitioners who appealed, the police had placed them in other Beijing police stations, detention centers, forced labor camps, and even detention centers outside of Beijing.

The police tried everything to force practitioners to disclose their names and other personal information. Those who gave their home addresses, or who were identified by liaison officers of various provinces, were taken first into detention then carted away by officers from their local police stations. Practitioners like myself who refused to give their names were held in iron cages at night. The next day more practitioners were brought in. There were about 70 to 80 practitioners who refused to divulge their names from both days. Although they were mostly elderly female practitioners, there were also some young and middle-age men and women. The courtyard was packed with practitioners. Since more and more practitioners were being brought in, some of us were transferred to the Huairou Police Station in Beijing in two bus loads.

At the Huairou Police Station, we were identified with a number, which was placed on our clothes. My number was over 300, and there were many others behind me. From the number they assigned to me, it was clear that many practitioners had refused to give their names, and were transferred out.

The practitioners were placed in groups of five and assigned to a police officer. These officers demanded that practitioners provide their names and addresses. It was a holiday week and the officers wanted to get this onerous task over with. As they were forced to do this, they disliked the task and did everything to get it done quickly, including beatings, cursing, humiliation, serious physical punishment like hanging by handcuffs, and verbal abuse. Detention center personnel assisted by bringing in felons to help. These prisoners shocked practitioners with electric batons, beat them, did more types of humiliation and cursing, force-fed them, placed their feet in shackles, and handcuffed them.

Two female practitioners at Huairou Detention Center turned against other practitioners and participated in this persecution. Tang Yuwen, about 50, worked at the State Security Bureau, yet claimed she was a teacher. The other was a young police officer in her early twenties who often swore at practitioners. There were also two males whose last names were Zhao and Ma.

In early November 2000, after many of us were subjected to continual torment, we were forced to give our names and taken by liaison offices of various provinces in Beijing. No one knows what happened to the practitioners who never revealed their names. On the night before being sent back, I saw more practitioners arrive who had appealed, were arrested, and refused to divulge their names.