Name: Yang Jiangwei(杨将威)
Gender: Male
Age: 43
Address: Suizhong County, Huludao City, Liaoning Province
Occupation: Unknown
Date of Most Recent Arrest:
February 25, 2008
Most Recent Place of Detention:
Nanguanling Prison in Dalian, Liaoning Province (辽宁省大连南关岭监狱)
City: Dalian
Persecution Suffered:
Detention, brainwashing, extortion, home ransacked, forced labor, brutal beatings, electric shock, damaging force-feeding, denied visitation, illegal sentencing, imprisonment, hung-up with hands cuffed behind the back, sleep deprivation, burned with an electric heater

( Mr. Yang Jiangwei from Suizhong County, Huludao City, has been arrested, detained, subjected to brainwashing, and had funds extorted from him by the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) many times because he practices Falun Dafa. He was also sent to a forced labor camp three times for a total of seven and a half years. Five years ago, he had just been married for a month when he was arrested again and sentenced to ten years in prison. The CCP has been persecuting Falun Gong for 14 years; Mr. Yang has been imprisoned for ten of those years and is still in prison.

Mr. Yang is a technician at the Electric Power Installation Company of Liangjin Electric Power Bureau in Suizhong County, Huludao City. After he started to cultivate Falun Dafa, he followed the principles of Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance at all times. He was widely recognized as a good person in his workplace. Since the CCP started to persecute Falun Dafa on July 20, 1999, he has been brutally persecuted.

Arrested Many Times

On July 21, 1999, Yang Jiangwei rode his motorcycle to Beijing to appeal for Falun Dafa. He was arrested in Beijing and detained at the Suizhong County 610 Office Brainwashing Center for ten days. He had 500 yuan extorted from him, and his motorcycle was confiscated.

On September 3, 1999, he went to Beijing to appeal for Dafa a second time. He was reported to the police. The Suizhong County Police Department ordered his employer, the Suizhong County Electric Power Bureau, to have Mr. Yang arrested, but that did not happen. On September 8, 1999, when Mr. Yang returned to work, he was arrested and detained in the Suizhong County Detention Center for 15 days. He was later transferred to the brainwashing center in Huludao Forced Labor Camp and held for 20 days. He was not released until the Suizhong County Police Department extorted 700 yuan from him and 1,000 yuan from other family members.

On October 21, 1999, the police used deception to have Yang Jiangwei held in the detention center for 25 days. The police also ransacked his home and extorted 3,000 yuan from his family before they would release him.

On January 30, 2002, Mr. Yang was arrested by police from Suizhong County who had been hiding, secretly waiting for an opportunity to arrest him. He was detained at the Suizhong County Detention Center. He then went on a hunger strike to protest the persecution. Ten days later, he was released but not until after 1,000 yuan had been extorted from his family.

On the night of August 6, 2006, Mr. Yang and Pei Zhihua went to Gaotai Village on their motorcycles to clarify the truth. The police from Dawangmiao drove their police vehicle up behind them, and pushed them into the ditch on the side of the road. Mr. Yang was arrested and taken to in the police station near the Suizhong Detention Center. The following morning, he escaped with righteous thoughts.

Sentenced to Forced Labor Three Times for a Total of Seven and a Half Years

On June 24, 2000, Mr. Yang was arrested and taken to the Huludao Forced Labor Camp for a year and a half. In the camp, police captain Liu Guohua and police officer Zhang Dazhu brutally beat him and used an electric baton to torture him. On November 30, 2001, he was brutally tortured by the police and the armory police from the Anti-Riot Brigade in Huludao City because he studied the Fa and practiced the exercises.

On May 22, 2002, hei was arrested again and taken to the Xingcheng Brainwashing Center. Later the Suizhong 610 Office and the police department had him imprisoned in the Huludao Forced Labor Camp for three years. Those who participated in the persecution included Liu Zhongli, Shang Ergui, Wang Limin, and Wang Fuchen.

In May 2003, Mr. Yang was in critical condition in the Huludao Forced Labor Camp due to the brutal torture. He had major surgery but was delivered back to the camp before the stitches had healed properly and it was safe for him to leave the hospital. He was brutally force-fed every day in the forced labor camp. The camp also would not allow his family to visit him. His father, younger sister, and friend Yao Yan went to the camp and asked that Mr. Yang be released bail for medical treatment, because of his extremely poor conditon. Under orders from officer Wang Yuanchun, the three were arrested and admitted to the forced labor camp.

Torture reenactment: Force-Feeding

On July 4, 2005, Yang Jiangwei was arrested by the Suizhong 610 Office while he was at work. His home was ransacked, and he was sentenced to three years of forced labor. Many police were involved, including Xing Chan (female) and Liu Changhe. Mr. Yang again went on a hunger strike to protest the persecution and was brutally tortured by the prisoners incited by the Huludao Forced Labor Camp.

Illegally Sentenced to Ten Years In Prison, Brutally Tortured

On February 25, 2008 at 6 a.m., Liaoning Province Police Bureau, Security Bureau, and 610 Office planned and ordered the Huludao City Security Bureau, Huludao City Police Department, Suizhong Police Department, and fire brigade police to arrest 13 Falun Gong practitioners from Suizhong County. The newlyweds Mr. Yang Jiangwei and Ms. Li Xiaoming, who had only been married for a month, were among those arrested.

On May 12 and May 13, 2008, Huludao Suizhong Court tried Mr. Yang and sentenced him to ten years in prison.

He was sent to Panjin Prison and brutally persecuted for four years.

Beginning in May 2009, captain Wang Jianjun and instructors Liu Jichun, Zhang Fude, Liu Wenxia, Liu Ling, and many other police from the Fifth District in Panjin Prison handcuffed Mr. Yang to bed frames, windows, and heating pipes. Every day he was handcuffed and hung up for 16 hours. This went on for a full six months. His legs were both swollen badly and extremely painful.

Torture reenactment: Handcuffed behind the back and hung

On May 8, 2012, Mr. Yang was transferred from Panjin Prison to the Tenth Team, Second District, Nanguanling Prison in Dalian City. In order to force him to give up his belief in Falun Dafa and to be “transformed,” the police continued to use extreme measures. They did not allow him to sleep for three full days and used an electric heater to burn him.

Torture reenactment: Electric shock

Torture reenactment: Brutal beating

Mr. Yang Jianwei's father, wife, and younger sister went to the prison a few hundred kilometers away many times to visit him, but every time the prison refused to let them see him, using feeble excuses. On August 29, 2012, his sister went to Nanguanling Prison again and asked to see her brother. The prison refused. In November, 2012, his father went to the prison again to see his son. The prison still refused. On December 6, 2012, his father and wife went to visit him again. The prison still refused to let them see him.

Mr. Yang Jiangwei's current condition inside the prison is unknown. His elderly parents, wife, and relatives are extremely worried about his health and safety. They hope that people will pay attention to Mr. Yang Jiangwei's plight and help get him released from prison as quickly as possible so that he can return to his family.

Nanguanling Prison, Dalian City, Liaoning Province:
Gao Ying, warden, 86-411-86478181, 86-15694118181(Cell)
Yao Zhihua, deputy warden, 86-411-86435133(Office), 86-411-86661000(Home), 86-15694119007(Cell)

Related article:
Mr. Yang Jiangwei Imprisoned Since 2008, Family Visitations Denied