( 3,649 Falun Gong practitioners have been confirmed dead as a result of persecution and torture in China as of March 1, 2013. Because the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) has used its vast resources to cover up its crimes, the confirmed death toll is just a fraction of the actual total. The true number is certainly far higher. 

53% of those confirmed dead were women. 

In fact, tens of thousands of female practitioners have been subjected to unspeakable abuse, including rape, forced abortions, detention, physical torture, injection of unknown substances, and even live organ harvesting. And in addition, countless families have been broken apart.


This article presents an in-depth report of numerous cases
of various types of sexual abuse and torture 
perpetrated against women who practice Falun Gong. 


We hope that readers can develop an appreciation for the severity of the situation and will do whatever lies within their power to help these atrocities stop. 

Practicing Falun Gong is not a crime. Freedom of belief is a right entrenched in China's constitution, yet the Chinese Communist Party has relentlessly persecuted Falun Gong for almost fourteen years. Who will you support in your heart? The peaceful spiritual practice that has brought numerous benefits to the lives of millions worldwide? Or the brutal and corrupt regime that persecutes it? 


Table of Contents

Part A  -  Women Tortured to Death

- Wang Yuhuan : Layers of Blood Soaked Clothes, Dies of Torture-induced Injuries
- Barely Breathing, Yu Xiuling Thrown from the Fourth Floor to Her Death
- Wu Jingxia Beaten to Death on the Third Day of Her Detention
- Shi Yongqing is Sold by Party Official, Later Raped and Tortured to Death

Part B  -  Women Gang-Raped

- Rape is Routinely Used to Abuse Female Falun Gong Practitioners
- Officials Protects Thugs that Sexually Abuse or Rape Female Practitioners

Part C  -  Other Sexual Abuses of Women

- Dalian Forced Labor Camp: Unspeakable Sexual Abuse of Female Practitioners
- Abuses at the Notorious Masanjia Forced Labor Camp
- Young Woman Has Broomstick Inserted into Her Vagina
- Breasts Stomped On, Blood Shooting Out of Nose and Mouth, Ms. Chen Chenglan Passes Out

Part D  -  Women Are Drugged, Leaving Damage to Central Nervous System

- Ms. Guo Min Dies a Miserable and Lonely Death after More Than Ten Years of Suffering at Mental Hospitals
- Banqian Women’s Forced Labor Camp in Tianjin Drugs Practitioners
- Injected with Poisonous Drugs, Song Huilan’s Right Foot Festers and Falls Off

Warning:  Some images are graphic 




Part A  -  Women Tortured to Death

Interrogation under torture is a common method the CCP uses in its attempt to make practitioners succumb to pressure. More than 40 torture methods are known to be used by the regime, and a significant portion of the victims are women and the elderly. This vicious cruelty has resulted in the deaths or permanent disability of many innocent people.


The CCP uses more than 40 torture methods to brutalize Falun Gong practitioners


Wang Yuhuan : Layers of Blood Soaked Clothes, Dies of Torture-induced Injuries

Ms. Wang Yuhuan of Changchun, Jilin Province was detained more than ten times and sent to forced labor camps nine times before she died. 

After Ms. Wang was arrested on March 11, 2002, Gao Peng and Zhang Heng tied her up and stuffed her in the trunk of their car before driving her to a torture chamber the following night. They tied her legs to a tiger bench and made her sit upright with her arms tied behind her back. Then, every five minutes they subjected her to a torture method known as the “big shake-and-press.” 

“Shake and press” refers to a torture method in which the perpetrators shake the victim's tied-back arms back and forth, leaving her with disjointed bones and in excruciating pain. 

They also shoved Ms. Wang's head down as far as possible towards her legs until her neck felt like it was going to break. In the meantime, they pulled her ankles hard, causing her unbearable pain. She quivered and passed out numerous times as a result.

Very quickly Ms. Wang’s hair and clothes were soaked with her sweat, tears and blood. Every time she passed out, they alternately poured cold and boiling water over her to make her wake up. The boiling hot water burned her already-damaged skin.

Wang YH

Wang Yuhuan

After more than four hours of being tortured on a tiger bench and burned with cigarettes, Ms. Wang passed out again unable to endure the cigarette smoke. The perpetrators poured cold water on her to awaken her and burned her eyes with lit cigarettes. Two of her incisor teeth were knocked out and her face became swollen and black and blue. She also lost hearing in both ears.

During the 17 days of her detention, Ms. Wang was tied to the tiger bench three times, each torture session worse than the previous one. At one point the police put a heavy sweater and sweatpants on her in order to prevent others from seeing her bloodied body, but the clothes were soon soaked with her blood. They added another layer of even heavier clothes, only to have them also soon become soaked with blood. 

Although Ms. Wang’s body had totally given out and she was on the brink of death after being repeatedly tortured, the police sent her to a prison hospital for further persecution. 

As soon as she arrived, she was tied to a bed and injected with some unknown substance. Her legs became numb and her feet felt cold afterwards. She was also sexually abused. 

After she was released, Ms. Wang said that she and other female practitioners were all stripped naked and tied up on wooden boards for a total of 26 days, during which time the police, doctors and male inmates kept humiliating them.

On May 9, 2007, Ms. Wang was arrested again and interrogated that same night by agents from the Domestic Security Division. When she was released, she had wounds all over her body and her internal organs were badly damaged. She had trouble swallowing and couldn’t walk by herself. She died on September 24, 2007, at the age of 52. 


Barely Breathing, Yu Xiuling Thrown from the Fourth Floor to Her Death

Yu Xiuling

Yu Xiuling

Ms. Yu Xiuling, 32, was a practitioner from Chaoyang County, Liaoning Province. She was taken from her home to Shijiazi Detention Center on September 14, 2001. A few days later at 8 a.m. on September 19, she was transferred to Longcheng Police Department for interrogation. 

After 13 hours of torture, she was barely breathing. In order to cover up their crimes, the police threw her from the fourth floor and cremated her body around midnight that same day.



Wu Jingxia Beaten to Death on the Third Day of Her Detention

mother and son

Wu Jingxia and Her Son

Ms. Wu Jingxia, a practitioner from Weifang, Shandong Province, was arrested, detained, beaten and had money extorted from her numerous times. She was arrested while distributing truth-clarification materials on the morning of January 17, 2002. 

The police took her to Chanyeyuan Police Station and cuffed her hands to a radiator. The next day she was transferred to Kuiwen District Brainwashing Center, where she died on the third day of her detention. She was only 29 years old.

When her family saw her body, they noticed wounds all over it. Her face was covered with a bath tissue and blood was still oozing out of her mouth. 

Her back was black and purple and her neck had a long, red cut. When they changed her clothes, they saw that her hip bone was broken and the bone was protruding out of her flesh. 

Still a nursing mother, Ms. Wu wasn’t able to pump her milk during the three days of her detention and her breasts became very swollen as a result. Seeing her breasts were swollen and already painful, the police deliberately shocked her on the breasts with electric batons. 

After she died, her family’s phone was tapped and her loved ones’ freedom was compromised.



Shi Yongqing is Sold by Party Official, Later Raped and Tortured to Death

Shi Yongqing

Shi Yongqing

Ms. Shi Yongqing, a peasant from Qizhou Town, Anguo City, Hebei Province, was detained numerous times for going to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong. She became mentally disoriented in 2001 due to the torture she endured at Baoding Forced Labor Camp. 

In order to escape responsibility, Qizhou Town CCP Secretary Cao sold Ms. Shi to Ding Village in Ding County, where she was abused and raped. 

Ms. Shi later sued Cao for human trafficking, but she was sent to a forced labor camp. After she was released from the camp, she was sent straight to Zhuozhou Brainwashing Center,where she died as a result of torture on January 27, 2005, at the age of 35. 

The local police department stopped her family from requesting an autopsy and gave them 1,000 yuan to silence them. Her family had to bury her soon afterwards. Her young child had to withdraw from school since there was no caregiver anymore. Traumatized, her father had a stroke and lost vision in one eye.




Part B  -  Women Gang-Raped

In addition to physical torture, the CCP has consistently and systematically used rape as a means to humiliate and traumatize female practitioners.

sexual abuse of Falun Gong women

Torture Illustration: Perpetrators Sexually Abuse Female Practitioners


Rape is Routinely Used to Abuse Female Falun Gong Practitioners

At the notorious Msanjia Forced Labor Camp in Shenyang, Liaoning Province, authorities threw 18 female practitioners into the men’s cells and encouraged the men to rape the women, which led to the deaths, disability and mental instability of the victims. 

- Miss Jiang, an unmarried young woman, became mentally disoriented after being gang raped and had a baby after she was released. The child is now over ten years old.

- In May 2001, Wanjia Forced Labor Camp in Harbin, Heilongjiang Province put more than 50 female practitioners into the men’s quarters and instigated the male inmates to sexually abuse and gang rape them. 

-The next month, Ms. Tan Guanghui from Bin County, Heilongjiang Province was carried to the men’s quarters, where she was gang raped by three men. Later at Wanjia Hospital she was raped again by a guard. She was also forced to take unknown medicine which resulted in her suffering a mental collapse.

- Liaoning Province Women’s Prison stripped the clothing off of female practitioners including Ms. Huang Xin and threw them into the men’s cells, where death-row inmates were encouraged to rape them at will.

- Guangdong Province Forced Labor Camp threatened female practitioners and told them they would be raped by male inmates if they refused to give up their belief in Falun Gong.

- In October 1999, Fuyu County Detention Center in Qiqihar, Heilongjiang Province stripped all the clothing off of a female practitioner and sent her to a men’s cell, where she was gang raped by male inmates. 

- In July 2001, agents from Xingtai Police Department and Qiaodong Police Department in Hebei Province handcuffed female practitioners’ hands and feet and raped them in the police vehicle while transferring them to a detention center. One policeman boasted that he had raped three Falun Gong practitioners.


Officials Protect Thugs that Sexually Abuse or Rape Female Practitioners

In addition to instigating the abuse, the CCP connives with and protects thugs that sexually abuse female practitioners at will. These villains include police, 610 Office agents and the crooks instigated by police.

-  On the night of May 13, 2003, a graduate student named Wei Xingyan from Chongqing  was raped in front of two female inmates at Baihelin Detention Center in Shapingba. Afterwards, at least ten practitioners were sentenced to 5 to 14 years for exposing this “state secret” of rape by police. Ms. Wei’s whereabouts remain unknown ten years later.

-  Two female practitioners from Xinjin County, Chengdu, Sichuan Province, one of them a college student, were gang raped by Wang Tao and two other policemen from Wuhou District, Chengdu at Chengdu Liaison Office in Beijing on March 17, 2000.

-  Seventy-year-old Zou Jin from Changsha, Hunan Province, was gang raped at Changsha City First Detention Center in February 2001 by Lei Zhen and a few other policemen from Jingwanzi Police Station. She was later sentenced to nine years and is now deceased.

-  610 Office Head Hu Jun of Zhengding County, Hebei Province led two agents and gang raped three unmarried female practitioners including Ms. Yu at the Guohao Hotel in 2002.

-  Gao Fei, Zhuozhou City 610 Office Head and Nanma Brainwashing Center Director in Hebei Province, once raped some female practitioners detained at the brainwashing center. He also tried to stop the victims from testifying for themselves.

-  In April 2004, Ms. Chen Danxia from Xianyou County, Fujian Province was beaten and raped by a thug instigated by police. She became pregnant and was forced to have an abortion. This trauma led her to become mentally unstable. Her practitioner mother passed away as a result of the persecution and her younger sister, also a practitioner, was sentenced to six years.

-  While detained at Changzhi Mental Hospital in Shanxi Province, 19-year-old Xiao Yi was gang raped 14 times over three nights. Her chest and lower body were covered with scars as a result of being burned by cigarettes. She was unable to move at all after the torture.

-  In the summer of 2002, a 9-year-old girl (the orphaned child of a practitioner) was gang raped by three men at Changping Mental Hospital in Beijing. Her screams and cries were heart wrenching.




Part C  -  Other Sexual Abuses of Women

The cases of detained female practitioners being sexually abused all over China are too many to count. Below are just a few examples.

torture illustrated

Women Practitioners are Routinely Shocked on the
Breasts and Private Parts with Electric Batons


Dalian Forced Labor Camp: Unspeakable Sexual Abuse of Female Practitioners

In order to force the few hundreds of detained female practitioners to give up their belief in Falun Gong, Dalian Forced Labor Camp in Liaoning Province resorted to unspeakable sexual abuse that caused the victims irreparable physical and mental damage. 

-  Ms. Chang Xuexia was stripped of her clothes and brutally beaten. Directed by guard Wan Yalin, a group of thugs pinched Ms. Chang’s nipples and the hair on her genitals and inserted a toothbrush into her vagina. Seeing no blood coming out, they switched to a larger brush and shoved it into her vagina.

-  Ms. Wang Lijun was tortured by having a thick rope rubbed back and forth against her genitals on three occasions. The thugs also used a broken wooden stick with sharp ends to stab into her vagina, causing her abdomen and genital area to hemorrhage and swell a great deal. She couldn’t pull up her pants nor could she squat down. She had great trouble urinating.



Torture Reenactment: Shoe Brush Thrust into Vagina

-  Ms. Fu Shuying was tied on a bed spread-eagle for more than one hour, during which time the thugs stabbed her vagina with a stick, causing her vagina to become inflamed and infected. They also used a toothbrush and shoved it into her vagina, causing profuse bleeding. They then pumped chili water into her vagina.

-  Ms. Zhong Shujuan was tortured by having a brush used to clean the toilet shoved into her vagina; she hemorrhaged as a result.

-  Ms. Sun Yan was stabbed in her vagina and blood kept oozing out. She was then made to stand up without moving and blood flowed out and dripped down to the ground. She could only limp around after being tortured.

-  Ms. Qu Sumei was hung up for five days straight. The thugs filled her vagina with chili peppers and a wash cloth and as a result she was unable to lie down to sleep for more than three months.

-  Ms. Man Chunrong had chili sauce shoved into her vagina.

These shocking torture methods go beyond any normal person’s imagination and even the behavior of the lowest street thugs cannot compare. Yet the guards involved were shameless and claimed that they were representing the government to “reform” practitioners.


Abuses at the Notorious Masanjia Forced Labor Camp 

Masanjia Forced Labor Camp (in Liaoning Province) guards not only sent naked female practitioners into men’s cells to be gang raped but also forced them to bare themselves in front of video cameras in order to further humiliate them. The guards also made the women stand naked outside in the snow to freeze them. The thugs even inserted electric batons into the women’s vaginas and shocked them.

In early 2003, Guo Tieying and a few other guards shocked Ms. Wang Yunjie on the breasts with two electric batons simultaneously for several hours non-stop. As a result, Ms. Wang’s breasts were completely ruptured. 

The next day, the guards crossed Ms. Wang's legs on top of each other and tied her head to her legs so tightly that she looked like a ball. They then handcuffed her hands behind her back and hung her up by the handcuffs for seven straight hours. She was rendered unable to sit, stand or walk afterwards. 

The guards figured Ms. Wang only had a few weeks to live so they told her family to come and get her in November 2003. After her release, her breasts kept festering more and more. She passed away in July 2006. 

Wang Yunjie

Wang Yunjie’s Breasts Fester as a result of Electric Shocks

Ms. Xin Suhua from Benxi was kicked in her genital area numerous times and went into a coma as a result.


Young Woman Has Broomstick Inserted into Her Vagina

Ms. Hu Miaomiao from Zhangjiakou City, Hebei Province was sent to Hebei Province Women’s Forced Labor Camp Division No.1 on June 26, 2010. Guard Wang Weiwei and inmates forced her to stand still for long periods of time and beat her badly. 

They inserted a broomstick and their fingers into her vagina. Three months later her wounds still had not healed. She could no longer stand up straight or walk. The pain was excruciating for this young woman.


Breasts Stomped On, Blood Shooting Out of Nose and Mouth, Ms. Chen Chenglan Passes Out

Ms. Chen Chenglan from Laishui County, Hebei Province went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong in August 2000. She was arrested and sent to the Party School where Laishui Town Head Liu Zhenfu knocked her down to the ground and stomped on her breasts hard. 

Blood immediately shot out of her mouth and nose and she passed out. Her breasts were swollen and turned black and purple.

Chaoyang Second Detention Center in Beijing did similar things to some female practitioners whose names are unknown. The perpetrators placed a wooden board on one victim’s abdomen and four people then jumped on the board and stomped hard. As a result, the victim’s internal organs were badly damaged and blood and urine came out of her body. 

Another practitioner was stripped naked and tied to a cross. She had to relieve herself in the tied position.

Painting: Several People Stomp on a female victim’s lower body

At Shibalihe Women’s Forced Labor Camp in Zhengzhou, Henan Province, a practitioner refused to curse at Master Li Hongzhi and was stripped naked and hung up to a metal window frame. The thugs took turns grabbing her breasts and pulling them down as hard as possible. As a result of the abuse blood dripped from her nipples.

Mu Chunyang and another policeman surnamed Pan from Zhugou Town, Pingdu City, Shandong Province, stripped naked female practitioners and used a fireplace tong to hook the victims’ vaginas while at the same time beating their chests and breasts. They also scalded their faces with heated fireplace tongs.

A 29-year-old college lecturer in Xinjiang Autonomous Region had her hands cuffed behind her back and her nipples were wired and shocked.




Part D  -  Women Are Drugged, Leaving Damage to Central Nervous System

In addition to wanton arrest, brutal torture and sexual abuse, the CCP also poisons determined practitioners, causing them unbearable pain, mental breakdown and physical disability.



Ms. Guo Min Dies a Miserable and Lonely Death after More Than Ten Years of Suffering at Mental Hospitals

Prior to being arrested, Ms. Guo Min worked at Xima Town Branch Office of Laishui County Tax Bureau in Hubei Province. Because she refused to give up her belief in Faun Gong, she was first sent to Kangtai Mental Hospital in Huangguan City in 2000 and transferred to the Red Cross Mental Hospital two years later. 

The more than eight years of detention at the second hospital caused tremendous damage to her physical and mental health.

The drug poisoning and mental torment stopped her menstrual periods for six years and caused her belly to swell as big as that of a nine-month-pregnant woman. She was diagnosed with cervical cancer in July 2010.

Misled by the CCP’s lies, Ms. Guo’s family was afraid of being harassed and thus for many years they were unwilling to appeal for her release. Ms. Guo died with no one by her side on August 4, 2011, at the age of 38. 

During her final days at the hospital, Ms. Guo was incontinent and had nobody to take care of her.


Banqian Women’s Forced Labor Camp in Tianjin Drugs Practitioners

The guards threatened determined practitioners that the consequence of refusing to “reform” was being tortured and abused into mental illness. They secretly placed unknown drugs that damage the central nervous system into practitioners’ meals, drinks and IV drips. 

Many practitioners had trouble responding to other people, became blind, lost feeling in their limbs, developed high blood pressure and heart ailments or even suffered a total mental collapse.  

-  Ms. Zhao Dewen from Beichen District in Tianjin was force-fed some unknown drugs and suffered a hemorrhage. She died at the camp on June 3, 2003.

-  Ms. Zhou Xuezhen from Beichen District was taken from her home at the end of 2000. During her detention at the labor camp, she was stripped naked and thrown into a pig pen, where she suffered mosquito bites and passed out as a result. 

-  She was also put in solitary confinement and forced to take unknown medicines. The guards didn’t let her out until she became mentally unstable.

-  Ms. Zhao Binghong worked at Dagang Oil Field in Tianjin. She became mentally disoriented after the torture at the labor camp. Despite her condition, the guards still often told drug addicts and criminal inmates to beat her up, causing her entire body to turn black and blue. She wasn’t released until her term had expired.

-  Ms. Chen Yumei from Dagang District, Tianjin was arrested on November 14, 2008. She was once cuffed to a bed spread-eagle for a total of more than two years. She was also forcibly injected with unknown drugs. 

-  The guards even purposely pumped air into Ms. Chen's body hoping to see her die soon. She was released after she had collapsed mentally.


Torture Reenactment: Death Bed

-  Ms. Bai Hong used to work at Quanyechang Health Clinic in Heping District, Tianjin. After she was sent to the forced labor camp in the winter of 2002, the persecutors’ helpers beat her savagely and stripped off her clothes before throwing her into a pig pen. 

-  Ms. Bai went on a hunger strike to protest and the thugs tied her up on a bed. They also made her lie on a cement slab naked. Other times they threatened to make her stay with the dogs. As a result of all this abuse, she suffered a mental breakdown.

-  Ms. Wang Jingxiang was subjected to mental and physical torture at the forced labor camp. The guards mixed unknown drugs into her food. She became mentally disoriented and for a period of time lost her memory.

-  Ms. Mu Xiangjie is also a Tianjin practitioner. She was tortured and injected with unknown drugs. At one point she suffered a mental breakdown and had trouble controlling her thoughts.

-  Ms. Wang Yuling is from Dagang District. Due to the unknown drugs in her system, she once lost vision in both eyes and had no feeling in her lower body. When the thugs dragged her across the floor she didn’t even know that her shoes had fallen off.

-  Ms. Ma Zezhen is from Wuqing, Tianjin. She was a very healthy person when she was first sent to the forced labor camp. In 2001, the guards instigated some inmates to force-feed her with some unknown drugs twice a day. 

-  Each time, a few people held her down and pinched her nose to pour drugs into her mouth. They did this for two years and her health deteriorated dramatically. She had trouble walking around.


Injected with Poisonous Drugs, Song Huilan’s Right Foot Festers and Falls Off

Ms. Song Huilan from Xinhua Farm, Hegang City, Heilongjiang Province was persecuted on numerous occasions. In December 2010, she was arrested by agents from the Hengtoushan Police Station in Huachuan County, Jiamusi City, Heilongjiang Province. While detained at Tangyuan County Detention Center, she was injected with some unknown drugs. Soon her mind became slow and she had trouble controlling her bodily movements. Her right leg turned black and festered. Her heart felt extremely uncomfortable.

Song Hulia

Song Huilan’s Right Foot Falls Off

On February 23, 2011, Detention Center Head Yan Yong led a few people to hold Ms. Song down on the bed and handcuffed her. They quickly gave her a whole bottle of IV drips filled with unknown substances. She immediately felt great discomfort and rolled around on the ground unable to talk. 

Afterwards, she lost feeling below her knees. Her body and tongue were stiff and she couldn’t walk. She also became incontinent and got weaker and weaker. Her mind was very slow in responding to things. 

In the wee hours of February 28, she felt extremely uncomfortable in her heart and could barely endure any longer. When the detention center doctor saw her the next day, he said her right leg was completely destroyed and useless. At that time there were big purple blisters on her right leg.

After her release, she couldn’t talk or bend her hands and legs. She had no feeling in her body. The top of her right foot and all her toes were black and oozing blood. They were hard to the touch. 

Her right leg got worse and worse and became harder and harder each day. Any slight movement caused bloody water to flow out of her right leg.

Her daughter and her older sister did their best to care for her day and night. In addition to her right leg hurting, her heart was also in great pain. She was in unbearable pain every second. On May 25, 2011, her right foot broke off of her leg.

(To be continued)