(Minghui.org) Ms. Lu Yan was arrested at 7:00 a.m. on July 24, 2013, on her way to work. Ms. Lu is the daughter of Mr. Lu Tong, a practitioner from Caixiangxin Village, Suzhou City. She was arrested by officers from the Suzhou City 610 Office and Jinchang Police Station. When the family went to request for her release, the police refused to tell them anything. The police later told them, “She was transferred away.” However they did not say where. Ms. Lu's current whereabouts are unknown.

Mr. Lu Tong was illegally sentenced to four years of imprisonment by Jinchang District Court on December 17, 2008. In order to rescue her father, Ms. Lu Yan appealed to Suzhou City Intermediate Court, and to threaten her, she was nearly arrested herself. Ms. Lu does not practice Falun Gong, and when the perpetrators asked her if she was a practitioner, she refused to answer.

Eight police officers from Jinchang Police Station went to Mr. Lu's home at 10:00 a.m. on July 24, claiming they were there to “check up” on them. They took several dozen fliers that Mr. Lu had printed. They said that Mr. Lu would be taken to the Caixiang Police Station for a written record, and would be back shortly. Mr. Lu said, “I won't go with you. You are committing crimes and I won't cooperate with your criminal activity.”

Without his permission the police turned on Mr. Lu's computer and copied the Minghui website files that were downloaded on his computer. They videotaped everything as well as Mr. Lu's home and all his belongings. Mr. Lu also video recorded the police activities. At 1:00 p.m., the officers took away a 120G hard drive and several dozen truth clarification fliers, and then left. They told Mr. Lu, “Your daughter is currently in our station (Jinchang Police Station).”

Ms. Lu Yan's parents went to Jinchang Police Station at 3:30 p.m. on July 24 to demand their daughter's release. No one was there to meet them. Police officer Yang Chen later passed by the reception room and said, “You know what your daughter has done.” He claimed that he was busy working on cases and sent Ms. Lu Yan's parents away.

The next morning, when Ms. Lu had been detained for 24 hours, her mother went to the police station to get her status. She was ordered out of the reception room. Ms. Lu's parents sat by the police station gate and did not leave until 8:20 a.m.

At 10:30 a.m., Ms. Lu's father and two uncles went to Jinchang Police Station to demand Ms. Lu's release. A police officer in the reception room said, “Lu Yan was transferred out of here at 10:00 a.m.” When they asked the officer where she was taken, he said he didn't know. The family kept asking, and were then told the officers were not allowed to say anything. Her family feels Ms. Lu Yan may have been sent to Shangfangshan Brainwashing Center in Suzhou.

Ms. Lu's father and younger uncle came back at 1:40 p.m., to bring her some clean clothing. Police officer Lu Ping said, “No one will send it to her. You can go there yourself.” Her uncle asked, “Where is she? Please tell us. In this hot weather, she needs a change of clothes.” Lu Ping did not answer and left. Another police officer at the reception room let them leave the clothing there.

Ms. Lu Yan's parents stayed at Jinchang Police Station until 9:30 p.m., when they were pushed out by officer Yang Chen. The couple sat on the street next to the police station gate all night.

Mr. Lu Tong, 57, started practicing Falun Gong in early 2005. He was arrested by officers from the Huxi Police Station while he was clarifying the truth about Falun Gong to people in Suzhou Industrial District, and was sentenced to one year of forced labor. He was brutally tortured at the Fangqiang Forced Labor Camp. He was arrested again at his home in July 2008, and was sentenced to four years of imprisonment on December 17 by the Jinchang District Court. He was tortured at Wuxi Prison, then later transferred to Hongzehu Prison.

Ms. Lu Yan has been trying to clear her father's name with the help of a lawyer since May 2009. She appealed for her father, but the Suzhou Intermediate Court ignored the appeal. Ms. Lu was arrested for no reason, and her family was treated rudely. Judge Gu Yingqing even shouted, “Why are you talking to me about the law? I only care about politics.”

Earlier reports on Mr. Lu Tong's persecution: Mr. Lu Tong's Daughter Not Allowed to Visit Him at Wuxi Prison (Photo) Mr. Lu Tong Recounts the Torture He Suffered at Fangqiang Forced Labor Camp in Jiangsu Province

Parties involved in the persecution: Jinchang Police Station, Suzhou (formerly known as Caixiang Police Station, name changed in late February): +86-512-68284297, +86-512-68263828 Chen Du, head of Suzhou City 610 Office: +86-13806218111 Please refer to the original Chinese article for more people and offices involved in the persecution.