(Minghui.org) I am a relatively new practitioner who began her Falun Gong practice just three years ago. However, even in such a short period of time, both my family and I have benefited tremendously.

My child completely recovered from his recurring pneumonia and I managed to make an unbelievable recovery from a sudden cardiac arrest. I would like to share with everyone how I started my Falun Gong practice and how it brought me back to life after my heart stopped beating for more than 30 minutes.

My Child's Hospitalization Became a Turning Point for Me

Back in late 2008, I was extremely depressed since I couldn't find a cure for my child's recurring pneumonia. Each time he had to remain hospitalized for more than 20 days and my heart was pained to see a four-year-old having to get daily injections. When he got a bit better, the doctors sent him home to rest. However, his pneumonia would always return after a little while. Nothing we tried seemed to help, and I was in despair.

My son was hospitalized again at the beginning of 2009. One day at the hospital I ran into an elderly Falun Gong practitioner and she asked if I'd like to quit the Communist Party and its affiliated organizations. I asked her seriously, “How can you get involved in politics and fight the government? You seem like a very kind person. I'd say you are being used by some kind of organization.”

Before the persecution of Falun Gong began in 1999, I had once read the book Zhuan Falun. I knew it was good but couldn't understand why practitioners had to appeal to the government and go around asking people to quit the Party.

The elderly practitioner wasn't turned off by my comments, and she patiently explained to me what Falun Gong really was and why the government was persecuting the practice. I had always believed in atheism as advocated by the Party, but at that moment, I suddenly understood what she said, just like what Master described in “The Truth Is Spreading” in Hong Yin, Vol. III: “Learning the truth can dispel the haze and fog.”

I became a Falun Gong practitioner that day and, miraculously, my son began to improve the very same day. Now four years have passed and he has not needed any more medical care. He is healthy and active. After he finished reading Zhuan Falun with me the first time, he was able to recognize all the words in the book. Now an elementary school student, he attends our local group Fa-study three times a week.

To me, this experience felt like what Master described in “Know Good from Evil” in Hong Yin Vol. III:

“Learn the truth and distinguish good from evil The dark clouds will disperse, revealing an auspicious sky”

Dead, But Brought Back to Life by Falun Gong

In April 2012, I went to pick up my son after work. As I approached a storefront, I suddenly collapsed and literally dropped dead. Bystanders and my husband told me the rest of the story.

When I was rushed to the hospital, I had no pulse--it was just a horizontal line on my electrocardiogram. The doctors said it was sudden cardiac arrest.

They used a defibrillator to try to re-start my heart a total of three times. Since the voltage on the machine was too high, it left six partially overlapping burn marks on my chest. With the help of a ventilator, I eventually let out two breaths and was taken to the ICU.

My husband, an active serviceman, was summoned home and handed a notice that I was in critical condition. He was devastated and immediately saw his blood pressure shoot up to more than 200.

When he felt a bit better, the doctors explained to him why they saw no hope for me. If a patient's heart stops beating for more than 3 minutes, he or she is very likely to become a vegetable. If the patient has no pulse for more than five minutes, all the internal organs will be damaged, and he or she will eventually die of renal failure.

My heart had stopped beating for more than 30 minutes, and one could only imagine the odds of survival.

The grave news calmed my husband down instead. He recalled the many miracles that happened to the elderly practitioner who guided me into Falun Gong practice, and he knew I'd be fine, too. He told the doctors to use all means possible to resuscitate me.

During the long night, my husband saw one patient after another lose their battle and be carried out of the ICU. Interestingly, a woman who was a fortuneteller told him not to worry since I'd be able to sit up in three days.

My colleagues who were there accompanying my husband all laughed it off, but he had no doubt about the woman's prediction.

During morning rounds the next day, the doctors were puzzled to see my vitals all in the normal range, though I remained in a coma.

They were even more amazed the third morning when they saw me open my eyes. I had no memory at that point, however.

As I got better and better, morning updates from the doctors became the thing my husband most looked forward to every day.

By the seventh or eighth day, I became fully alert and completely regained my memory. I thought I had just gotten to the hospital and asked my husband to tell the elderly practitioner to help me send forth righteous thoughts. He said he did just that the second day of my hospitalization and that he had been reciting “Falun Dafa is good and Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance is good” to me all these days.

When other practitioners came to visit me, they gave me a copy of Master's new article “To Choose.” As I read it, my heart was filled with righteous thoughts and I remembered what Master said in Zhuan Falun:

“If he hadn’t learned Falun Dafa maybe he would have died right then and there when he fell, or maybe he’d be permanently paralyzed and really have had a stroke.”

Living Proof

One of the ambulance workers who took me to the ER came to the hospital again to deliver another patient. She saw my husband and casually asked how I was doing. When told I had regained consciousness and was recovering, she was dumbfounded, her mouth hanging open. She had to see me in person.

Then we heard her talking to her colleague on the phone: “Do you remember that military wife we helped the other day? I just spoke with her! I've done EMS work for so many years and have never seen a person who I know dropped dead walking and talking again!”

My vitals soon returned to normal, and there was no damage to my brain or any organs. I was discharged a few days later.

On May 13, Falun Dafa Day, my husband knelt down in front of Master's portrait and kowtowed three times.

The elderly practitioner and I went around to tell people what had happened, and they were all stunned. Some of them quit the Party right away.

I share my experiences in hopes that more people can appreciate how extraordinary Dafa is and choose a bright future for themselves.

I'd like to conclude my article with Master's poem "To Choose:"

"To Choose

"The Dafa (the Great Way) that saves the world was born in the East,
It is not the wicked Chinese Communist Party [that can save the world].

Why did the Lord Creator choose that land?
To use the flames burning the wicked Party to temper the Vajras.

Are Dafa disciples any different from the Christ?

People, do not choose the wrong direction,

Curry favor with the wicked regime, and you’ll be duped by demons.

Dafa has already spread to the West from China,
Only by learning the truth is there hope of salvation!"