(Minghui.org) My name is Hua Caixia. I've been married to Mr. She Yue for 12 years, during which time he was sentenced to nine years of wrongful imprisonment. I was twice illegally sentenced to forced labor, once in Dalian Forced Labor Camp and another time at Masanjia Forced Labor Camp. In September 2012 when I was released from my second forced labor term, my husband was not there to greet me. My mother-in-law told me that he had again been arrested. I could not hold back my tears looking back at how we have missed each other over the last 12 past years. We've been able to be together for only 150 days. The CCP either imprisoned him or put me into labor camps. When he was released, I was in forced labor. Now we both have been tortured to the point that our hair is turning gray. We have been imprisoned and tortured because the CCP cannot tolerate those of us who believe in Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance, people who just want to be good and follow the teachings of Falun Gong.

A lost young man gets back on the right path

My husband, Mr. She Yue, was born in 1968. His parents both had jobs that required extensive travel and oftentimes only came home once a week. He was raised by his grandmother, who was not healthy and didn't have the energy to discipline him. He picked up bad habits and smoked and drank. He frequently drove the car while under the influence and had many accidents. His family members worried about him, but he did not change even after they repeatedly tried to persuade him. His lifestyle caused his health to deteriorate, and his parents finally gave up on him after unsuccessfully trying to help him.

Fortunately, during the years that Falun Gong was being widely promoted, Mr. She Yue learned about it and understood that Falun Gong taught people to be good and that cultivating Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance can purify one's heart and body. After he practiced Falun Gong, he immediately stopped smoking and drinking. His health was restored, and he lived by the standard of Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance. He was kind to everyone and cared about his family. Everyone wanted to be his friend. His parents were very happy to see how content and successful he had become and they no longer worried about him.

Husband and wife framed and imprisoned

In 1999, Jiang Zemin launched the bloody persecution of Falun Gong with slander, propaganda, and lies to incite people's hatred of Dafa. Practitioners' freedom of belief was restricted and their legal environment to cultivate was taken away. Facing this unreasonable persecution, practitioners went to appeal and reported the facts to government organizations. However, they were illegally arrested. To let more people know the truth about Falun Gong, practitioners wrote and printed informational materials to distribute to people, trying to correct their misunderstandings about Falun Gong.

Torture re-enactment: Tied to an iron chair and shocked with electric batons

In August 2000 Mr. She and I registered our marriage even as we were forced to live away from home to avoid arrest. We planned to hold a formal wedding ceremony in June 2001. I heard that a practitioner had been arrested and was concerned that her four-year-old child had been left unattended at home, so I went to her place to bring her child to my home. When I got there, a waiting police man arrested me and took to Dalian Forced Labor Camp. I was imprisoned there for three years. To try to force me to give up my belief, two officers from Kunming Street Police Station shocked my heart and mouth with electric batons. When a friend of mine later saw me she cried, “They're so despicable. Your mouth is all scarred from the electric shocks.” In the Dalian labor camp I was locked up in a small cell enclosed with bars. They handcuffed my hands to form a straight line and tied both of my arms as well as my head to the bars with strips of fabric. Then they pulled up one of my legs to the same height as my arm and tied this leg to the bars with more strips of fabric. They then stuffed a rag in my mouth. The guards ordered two criminal inmates to pull up my other leg with all their might and then put it down, then pull it up again, repeating this over and over. I heard my bones cracking, and it felt as if I were being split in two. For a long time afterward I could not move my arms and legs. I was forced to work until 2 a.m. for 15 straight days. It seemed that right after I laid down to sleep, the wake-up bell at 5:30 a.m. would ring. Long time sleep deprivation left both my legs extremely weak and my face white.

Mr. She Yue persevered in clarifying the facts about Falun Gong to people in different ways. He was arrested multiple times and escaped but was forced to become destitute. In October 2001, he was arrested and charged with fabricated crimes. He was wrongfully sentenced to nine years in prison by the CCP court and taken to Dalian Wafangdian Prison. We could only look at the moon from inside the jail and miss each other, worrying about whether the other would make it out alive. The CCP's persecution of Falun Gong practitioners is truly immoral.

Torture re-enactment: Hung up while handcuffed

Mr. She was tortured in many ways at Dalian Wafangdian Prison. He was locked up in a small cell for nearly 3 months, handcuffed and hung up on the window bars for long periods of time, and his fingers were burnt with lighters. Once he was slapped in the face by a guard for 40 minutes, causing festers inside his cheeks, and he was unable to eat for a month. Two of his ribs were broken and his back was injured. He had difficulty and pain breathing, had difficulty swallowing, and was extremely weak.

In 2010 Mr. She was released, we finally got together and I had a shoulder to lean on. In this society where a good person faces imminent danger, he gave me tremendous consolation. We prepared a simple wedding, but the dark cloud wouldn't dissipate. We were able to be together for only 150 days.

In February 2011 my employer, Dalian Hongguang Company, terminated my labor contract early because of my practicing Falun Gong and withheld my pay. After multiple futile dialogues with the company leadership, I had no choice but to resort to the labor arbitration office. The company leaders used their networking resources to collude with Xigang District Police Department and Minle Police Station to stop me. On April 6, 2011, I was taken to Yaojia Detention Center and then to the Luotaishan Brainwashing Center in Fushun City on May 4. Then I was taken to Masanjia Forced Labor Labor Camp to serve one and a half years.

In September 2012 I was released, but my husband had been once again arrested on July 6, 2012, and has been in Yaojia Detention Center ever since.

Family broken and family members pass away

When Mr. She was arrested for the first time, his father was bedridden due to illness. Upon hearing the news he burst into tears, saying, “I don't know whether I will see my son ever again.” Then he died. When Mr. She's paternal grandparents heard about their son's death, they braved the chilly wind to come see him for a final farewell. They saw that Mr. She was not there. Mr. She's family members could not hide the fact of his imprisonment anymore and had to reveal it to his grandparents. His grandparents burst into tears and said, “Let us die in place of our son and grandson!” Their words touched everyone present. They could not withstand this blow and became ill upon returning home and passed away. When Mr. She's maternal grandmother passed away, he only had a glimpse of her remains at the crematorium because he was homeless and trying to avoid being arrested.

In just over a year, four senior members of our family passed away. Mr. She Yue and I were still in prison and only his mother was at home. Her sorrow was unimaginable and she collapsed. Her son and daughter-in-law were both good people but were being tortured and insulted just for believing in Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance. She thought about her parents being abused for no reason during the Cultural Revolution, herself labeled as a member of one of the “five black groups,” and the bitter life she had led. She couldn't find anyone to tell about her broken heart and oftentimes she covered her head in a quilt and just sobbed. She said her heart ached so much that she just felt numb all over.

This time when I returned home I saw that our security gate was smashed and there was a thick layer of dust everywhere inside. Mom hadn't cooked for over two months and said she wasn't hungry anymore.

My mother-in-law and I supported each other to try to visit her son, my husband

After I returned from the labor camp in 2004, my mother-in-law and I supported each other. We had only her retirement money, about 1000 yuan, and had to mail money to my husband in Wafangdian Prison. During the nine years of his imprisonment, I was in Dalian Labor Camp for three years and lived with my mother-in-law for six years. During the holidays when other couples went home together, I was alone and felt invisible. But then I would think of my husband suffering in prison, whether he ate or lived well, and I couldn't hold back my tears. My parents always comforted and encouraged me, saying that my husband was a good person, his arrest was not due to doing anything illegal, and I must patiently wait for his return.

My mother-in-law and I worried about Mr. She everyday. When the date of our scheduled visit arrived, no matter how bad the weather was, we always went to see him. Once a heavy snow blocked the road and no buses were running. The train was not selling anymore tickets either because there were too many passengers. When the train arrived at the station, people swarmed towards it. Seeing too many people, the check-in person immediately closed the train door. The passengers then all climbed in through the windows. My mother-in-law and I also climbed in with the help of kind people. We treasure every opportunity we can see my husband because we don't know whether there will be a next time. Some people coming out of the prison told us that, due to the torture, it's not certain that Mr. She will make it out alive.

In April 2005 when we met with him, we saw bruises on his face. He said the guards had incited criminal inmate Du Gang to beat him. When he said that his ribs were broken from the beating, the monitoring guard, Lu Chuangui, shouted, “Stop talking about that!” Later Lu Chuangui guaranteed that this kind of thing [beating] would not happen again. A week later, we could not stop worrying about him, so we went to see him on April 20. We shockingly discovered that his old wounds hadn't healed and there were new wounds. His face and neck were covered by bruises and marks. This time we dared not to ask again and left in tears.

In December 2007 Mr. She was taken to Nanshan Prison in Jinzhou. Beginning in April 2008 we were not allowed to visit him. Every time my mother-in-law and I went a long way to see him, the prison refused to let us in. They asked us to go to our local police station to get a letter stating that we did not practice Falun Gong and that if Mr. She didn't give in, his family members would never be able to see him. We had to return home every time in tears and worried even more about him. In October 2010 his term ended. But the 610 Office of Dalian City dispatched agents to the prison to try to arrest Mr. She once again. They didn't succeed only because his family and people watching made a big fuss.

When Mr. She returned home, he was extremely weak. He could not work to earn a living to help his family. His over 70-year-old mother was happy that he was still alive after nine years of wrongful imprisonment. Although we still lived on her meager retirement income, at least we were together.

Wrongfully imprisoned once again

On the morning of July 6, 2012, without showing any ID or stating their identities, four plainclothes officers from Xiuyue Street Police Station arrested Mr. She, who had just started working at Youhaote Hotel in Dalian City. They also stole his car that he had borrowed money to buy. Mr. She's new job was as a driver, but the police claimed his car was used to commit crimes and refused to return it.

Afterward the police came to ransack our home. They planned to use a fire engine to come in our window but there wasn't enough space in front of our building for the fire engine to drive in, so they used other tools to smash our security gate and get in. They ransacked the place and made a huge mess. At that time Mr. She Yue's younger brother, Mr. She Gang, was visiting his mother at our home. Mr. She Gang went out to argue with the police and asked for their IDs. One policeman took out his ID and waved it in front of his face before putting it back. Mr. She Gang could not see the number or the name on the ID. The policemen took out handcuffs to threaten Mr. She Gang, confined him in a corner, and then confiscated Falun Dafa books and a laptop. They climbed up on the roof and took away the NTDTV satellite receiver. They also took away personal items, such as memorabilia left behind by Mr. She's father.

In our 12 years of marriage, 11 of those years have been waiting, nine years my husband was in prison, I was detained in forced labor camps twice, and we had 150 days together. Even a simple marriage ceremony became just wishful thinking. Now our home was empty and in a mess, and it was just my mother-in-law and me. We know Mr. She is a good person and didn't commit any crime, so we repeatedly went to the local police station, police department, and the Zhongshan District Procuratorate to appeal, but all the offices shunned us. We have had to hire an attorney to protect our legal rights.

After much effort on the part of our attorney, Mr. She Yue's case has now been returned by the Procuratorate to Xiuyue Police Station. Due to Mr. She's poor health, we submitted an application to bail him out awaiting the trial. We're now waiting a decision. However, on November 6, they once again submitted Mr. She Yue's case to the Procuratorate.

The purpose of the law is to ensure justice, and laws that conform to social justice will certainly promote kindness. The judicial system exists to maintain social justice. One should clearly distinguish right from wrong, a good law from a bad law, based on one's conscience, and whether the sentence is justifiable or not. Conscience is the final rule of law.


I hope my family tragedy doesn't happen to other families. I also hope our kind words and acts will prevent those senseless evil-doings. It's a heavenly law that doing evil will meet with retribution and doing good deeds will be awarded with blessings. What Falun Gong practitioners want to tell people is that we hope you will treat Dafa kindly to have good fortune. We don't want to see anyone face a miserable end because of their evil deeds. So we brave the danger of being arrested, beaten, or even losing our lives to spread the truth in order to save people from the imminent catastrophe. Don't persecute Falun Gong anymore, don't persecute practitioners who spread the heavenly message. Leave a wonderful future for yourselves and your descendants.