(Minghui.org) Greetings, compassionate and great Master! Greetings, fellow practitioners!

It is time again for the annual China Fahui, and I know I must participate in this rare opportunity. I would like to report on the 18 years of my cultivation journey to compassionate and great Master and share with fellow practitioners.

1. Seeking Master and the Dao

My celestial eye was open from the time I was young, and I could see pavilions in another dimension. My maternal grandmother was a Buddhist. She worshiped the Buddha and chanted everyday, and I meditated and chanted with her.

One day she called me to her side and said she was going back to the heavenly kingdom but that my Master was in this world. Not long after, she passed away, with a smile on her face, at the age of 89.

In the summer of 1984, I suffered from a strange illness. I went to several large hospitals, but was not cured. In the end, I was diagnosed with hysteria. One day I found an old fortuneteller and begged her to save me. She smiled and said, “You're not sick; your predestined connection with the Buddha has come.”

Late one night in the end of 1984, I was shocked from my sleep by a clap of loud thunder that exploded on top of my head, and I sat up in my bed. The whole room was shining with light, and a dazzling large Buddha appeared in front of me, but everything disappeared when I blinked. I recovered half-an-hour later and started crying. I was determined to cultivate into a Buddha in this life and hoped to find my Master in this world soon.

2. Blessed and Sacred Destiny

During the following 10 years, I suffered a lot while searching for Master. In July 1994 a practitioner introduced Falun Gong to me and lent me the book Falun Gong.

A few days later, a lay Buddhist found me three times in a row and let me watch the video recordings of Falun Gong. When I saw the golden Buddha in the videotape doing a set of great Buddha mudras, suddenly I remembered that I had seen it more than 12 years before. In an instant, I felt Falun rotating in my lower abdominal area. I felt my body levitating off the ground, and I saw many children on top of my head and shoulders. Three days later, I learned the five exercises, and I often saw Master wearing the yellow practice outfit practicing in front of me.

On August 5, 1994, I attended Master’s seminar teaching the Fa in Harbin City. I saw that Master's Law-bodies are solemn and incomparable. I was in tears when I recalled that night more than 10 years before when I saw the large Buddha. I thought, “This is the Master that I have been struggling to find all these years!”

3. Validating the Fa in Prison

On July 20, 1999, Jiang's regime started to persecute Falun Gong. I went to the provincial government to petition and later to Beijing three times. I was regarded as a “key figure” and fired from my job. I was detained three times in a forced labor camp for a total of three years and was sentenced to six years in prison.

In December 1999, I was given three years of forced labor and illegally detained in Masanjia Forced Labor Camp. My righteous thoughts weren't strong enough, and my attachment of fear was very strong. Besieged by former practitioners who had “enlightened” along a deviated path, hatred towards the evil police and the former practitioners grew in my heart.

One day I dreamed that Master's Law-body came to me. I said right away, “Please take me away from here quickly, Master.” Master's Law-body shook his head and said, “This is another dimensional layer in the cosmos, and the people here are all your relatives. How could you forget the priority of saving people?” I was awakened from the dream and finally enlightened, “I did not come here to be persecuted. I am here to save sentient beings.”

Helping Fellow Practitioners to Enlighten and Return

I took the initiative to contact the former practitioners who had “enlightened” along a deviated path. I interacted with them on the Fa principles and helped them enlighten to return to Dafa. I sang for them. Tears ran down my face as I sang, and some of them cried, too. Some of them found the guards and said that they would still firmly cultivate in Dafa.

One day a former practitioner who had “enlightened” along a deviated path reported me. The team political head was utterly taken aback, called me into the office, and said, “It is not easy for us to 'reform' one person, and now they have rebounded since you started to sing. You are indeed a very dangerous person.” She charged her two electric batons and was prepared to shock me. I shouted, “I did not commit murder, arson, or robbery! I only sing; you can stop thinking about shocking me!” I pointed at her and said, “You want to shock me—aren't you afraid of retribution?” She said quickly, “Nobody is going to shock you, but you are not allowed to sing anymore.” She left angrily.

Clarifying the Truth to Prisoners and Prison Guards

I treated the prisoners benevolently and told them about the beauty of Dafa. I wrote out “An Upright Person” from Hong Yin and passed it around. They memorized the poem, and incidents of hitting or swearing rarely occurred after that.

A few days later, guard Wang talked to me and said, “Falun Gong is so powerful, it can change a wolf into a sheep.” She added, “Actually, I am a Buddhist. Please tell me exactly what Falun Gong is.” I described my whole journey from the time I started to cultivate Dafa. I told her to read the heavenly book Zhuan Falun. She promised that she would find Zhuan Falun.

One day, the labor camp head talked to me and said that she wanted to hear why I had not “reformed.” I talked from seven p.m. to midnight. She said, “I have a relative who also practices Falun Gong. I will think of a way for you to go home.”

On March 23, 2001, I suddenly had symptoms of illness. Under the protection of Master's Law-bodies, I walked out of the labor camp with a medical parole.

After returning home from the labor camp, I found the four guards who had understood the truth, and I sent them copies of Zhuan Falun. Two of them started cultivating in Dafa.

Clarifying the Truth in Prison

On World Falun Dafa Day in 2002, when I went out to hang truth-clarification banners, I was again arrested and sentenced to six years in Liaoning Prison.

The guards in the prison ordered prisoners to threaten me. However, I found opportunities to clarify the truth every day. Some prisoners became interested in practicing Falun Gong. Most of them agreed with Dafa, and one even went to the door of the guard's office and shouted, “Falun Dafa is good! Truth-Compassion-Forbearance is good!” The guard kicked her twice. She came back and told me, “I am very happy today because I shouted, “Falun Dafa is good! Truth-Compassion-Forbearance is good!”

Things let up, and I could walk about unhindered. I found opportunities to clarify the truth to the prisoners and pass new articles to Dafa disciples. The team leader often arranged for me to help her with the prisoners that made trouble. I used this opportunity to clarify the truth to them, and they completely changed.

Displaying Miracles in Prison

In mid-March 2004 an egg-sized pustule developed on my right hand, and the pain was unbearable. The guards tried to persuade me to have it operated on, but I declined. One day, a prisoner asked me, “Why do you still have this problem when you have a firm belief in Dafa? I will believe in Falun Gong if you can make that pustule disappear.” I said, “This pustule will be gone by tomorrow.” That night, I send forth righteous thoughts at the pustule to make it disappear immediately. I took a look at it. It was still there, but I paid no attention to it. At noon the next day, the prisoner came and asked me, “Did the pustule disappear?” I said casually, “It's gone.” I touched the place where the pustule had been and found that it had disappeared! I was stunned. I could not believe that this was real. I was moved to tears, and it took me a long time to recover. I thanked Master for His great compassion!

On April 8, 2005, the provincial judiciary ordered that the “rate of 'reform'” for practitioners had to reach 90 percent, and I was classified as a priority for “reform.” The prisoners were ordered to read the evil materials to me and try to force me to give up Dafa. I continued to clarify the truth in the hard times during those three months.

One day it was Ms. Li and Ms. Yu's turns to read the evil materials to me. Yu read non-stop, because she hoped to have her sentence reduced. I was dazed because I was so fatigued. Suddenly, there was loud thunder everywhere, and I heard someone repenting. I opened my eyes and saw that Yu's hands were shaking, and she was saying over and over, “I'm sorry, Teacher Li Hongzhi. Please do not blame me. I didn't want to read this worn-out book, but the guards forced me to.” The other prisoner, Li, said, “You continue to read even though you should not. This is retribution.” Just then, another rumble of thunder came in through the window and turned three times beside us before disappearing. We were all startled. I thought it must be raining and quickly opened the window and looked out. I saw two large golden dragons, and I quickly shouted to Yu to come and see. She saw only the tail of one of the dragons and said, “This is too miraculous! Everything that Falun Gong said is true.” Then she told me what had just happened: “I was reading this book and suddenly a ball of light rolled in from the window. It hit my head with a huge sound and knocked the book out of my hand. A voice said, 'You still dare to read?' From now on, I will never read this evil book. If I do, I will be dead.” The next day, she approached the guard and told her of the wonders that had occurred the night before. The guard did not believe it and looked for me, “I heard that you saw two large dragons. Is that true?” I said, “Absolutely true.”

I recalled that, during my childhood. I saw two large golden dragons through my celestial eye. Now I understand that these are my Law-guardian gods, and they have been with me all along.

Resisting the Persecution

With the passing of time, I became tired of suffering in prison, and I asked Master to end these days quickly. I was exploited by the evil once my attachment emerged. In less than three days, the persecution escalated.

The prison transferred an evil guard into the prison. This guard was ruthless, and a Dafa disciple was persecuted to death a few days after the guard was brought in. This guard designed a persecution scheme just for me and chose two of the most evil prisoners to carry it out.

I thought to myself, “With Master here and with the Fa here, I will be able to prevail over the evil.” The two prisoners made me stand and forced me to listen to their reading of the skewed values and wicked doctrines. I sat down and recited Lunyu. I sang Dafa songs when they insulted me with foul language. They were furious and said, “We have never seen anyone like you. How can you tolerate it?” I said, “Both of you did a lot of bad things. It is retribution that caused you to be imprisoned. What qualifications do you have to give me a lesson? Bad people giving good people a lesson? The principles of heaven won’t permit it!”

Three months passed, and I still was not “reformed.” The evil guards yelled at them for being incompetent and beat them. Hence, they conspired to beat me to force me to “reform.” I remembered Master's teaching:

“If you are a true practitioner, our Falun will safeguard you. I am rooted in the universe. If anyone can harm you, he or she would be able to harm me. Put simply, that person would be able to harm this universe.” (“Lecture One” in Zhuan Falun)

At once I felt that I had huge divine power and I shouted, “Who dares to harm me?” I grabbed one of the prisoners by her shoulder and pointed at her, “You dare to harm me? Do you know who I am?” She trembled with fear. I released her and said casually, “Go climb that wall!” And she really went to try to climb the wall. Both feet were off the ground, but she slid down and lay on the floor. Over and over she said, “I dare not read anymore!” When she recovered, I told her what had happened. She did not believe it and said I was talking nonsense. Another prisoner said, “Do not say anything more. It is all real. I saw it with my own eyes. That was so scary!”

Since then, they did not dare to do evil to me. Instead, they protected me and were on the look-out for me every day.

4. Letting Go of Life and Death During Sickness

One day my attachment emerged again, and I asked Master to help me to leave this place soon. I said it could even occur in the form of a serious medical parole. Soon after, I was in a serious state of illness; I was diagnosed with an adnexal mass, cirrhosis of the liver with ascites, and splenomegaly. I even had difficulty breathing. I was awakened from the dream: “I am wrong, Master. It was my human attachment that brought on this life and death tribulation.” My condition deteriorated, and on the night of November 30, 2006, the guards sent me home with a “medical parole.” The next morning my family forcibly took me to hospital for surgery. The doctor told my daughter, “Nothing will be gained by operating on her. She can only live for three more months.” After my daughter begged him, the doctor agreed to do the surgery in one week.

In the test between life and death, I enlightened that a cultivator's thought is extremely important. A cultivator's thought is a choice between being a divine being or human. Any problem that occurs in my body is because my body's cosmos does not meet the standards of the Fa. As life and death is decided by Master, I left the hospital, despite my family's objections.

With the help of fellow practitioners, I learned how to use a computer and printer. Lugging my swollen ascites belly, I delivered truth clarifying materials to hundreds of families every day. Without my noticing, the swelling gradually disappeared after I fell and got up countless time. I was given a new life by our great Master.

5. Asking People to Quit the CCP in Front of the Prison and inside the Procuratorate

With Gratitude for the Miraculousness of Dafa, Prison Guards Quit the CCP

In May 2007, prison authorities told me to go to the hospital to follow up on my illness. When a physician saw me, he could not help but be surprised, “You are still alive.” I clarified the truth to him and told him that Falun Dafa saved me and gave me a second life. He listened and nodded, “I have to understand Falun Gong in the future.” He accepted the truth clarifying materials that I gave him. In the end, he said, “Given your current condition, you will be imprisoned. However, I must do a good deed for Falun Gong. I will stamp here, and you can continue to be on medical parole.”

After leaving the hospital, I went to the prison to clarify the truth. The team head was very excited to see me and said, “Is that really you? This is unbelievable!” I said, “The reason I came to the prison is for you to witness the miraculous nature of Dafa with your own eyes. I also hope that you will quit the evil Party and choose a better future.” She nodded in agreement. I said, “I hope that you will treat practitioners kindly.” She said, “Seeing you makes me understand that Falun Gong is not an ordinary practice.”

Then four guards came out the prison. They did not recognize me. I said, “I am here to visit you.” Then they recognized me and said excitedly, “You are still alive! This is difficult to believe.” I started to clarify the truth and told them that Falun Dafa saved me and I was given a new life. I said, “I hope that you will not persecute the kindhearted practitioners again.” They nodded.

Before leaving, I said, “Let me help you quit the Chinese Communist Party (CCP).” They nodded again.

Prosecutors Agree That Dafa Is Wronged, Quit the CCP

I was arrested on June 28, 2008, during the Beijing Olympics. The police took away one computer, two printers, one CD burner, Falun Gong books, and a large amount of materials. They attempted to sentence me again.

I enlightened that this was another test between life and death. I knew that I could not miss the opportunity to save people. Hence, I walked into the procuratorate.

The prosecutor made tea, pulled out a stool, and allowed me to sit down. I said, “I would sincerely like to tell you the truth about Falun Dafa.” And I took out the booklets that I had prepared and gave them to the prosecutors.

I talked for about three hours. One prosecutor sighed and said, “The Communist Party is really finished. For people like you, it is just a question of faith, and you are being sent to labor camps and sentenced to prison. That is indeed wrong.” I said quickly, “Doomsday for the Party is right in front of us. Let me help you quit the evil CCP. If you can often recite, 'Falun Dafa is good, Truth-Compassion-Forbearance is good,' you will stay healthy when catastrophe comes.”

The prosecutor said, “We will recite it.” He did a brief report and wrote on the paper that he agreed to quit the Party. He said, “Please go home. We know what to do with your case.” My case was later withdrawn.

Everything that I have originated from Dafa. I will give everything back to the sentient beings. I must study the Fa more, send forth righteous thoughts more, and save more people.

Thank you, Master! Thank you, fellow practitioners!