(Minghui.org) Zhangdian District Court in Zibo, Shandong Province, held a public trial on September 12, 2012, with the intent to further persecute Falun Gong practitioner Ms. Wang Zhenxiu. An attorney from Beijing defended her and entered a plea of not guilty.

Ms. Wang was previously persecuted on numerous occasions by the Chinese Communist Party (CCP). She left home to avoid further persecution and became homeless. Her brother, Wang Xinbo, was sentenced by the Political and Legal Committee to seven years in prison. He was subsequently persecuted to death in Shandong Prison. Her husband, Wang Jingkui (also a practitioner), was sentenced to forced labor twice and detained on numerous occasions; he was tortured to death in 2008. Her son—her only remaining family—lives alone at home.

On July 3, 2012, Ms. Wang was arrested at her home by Zhangdian District Tiyuchang Police Station officers, who then confiscated a truckload of her personal belongings.

At approximately 2:00 p.m. on September 12, 2012, the Zhangdian District Court in Zibo held a public trial for Ms. Wang. Her family and friends (about 10 in all) were in attendance; an attorney from Beijing defended her and entered her plea of “not guilty.”

When Ms. Wang stepped into the courtroom, her attorney asked for her handcuffs to be removed; the judge complied.

At the beginning of the trial, the prosecution stated her so-called “crimes” and “evidence.” The judge also questioned her based his own agenda. However, her attorney referenced actual laws and disputed each accusation, quickly gaining the upper hand. The presiding judge and two associate judges were surprised by the attorney's powerful defense and could not find anything to refute. The prosecution didn't expect such a strong defense and could only repeat their previous statements.

After two hours, Ms. Wang's attorney had actually taught everyone a lesson about law and order. She also said that Ms. Wang had committed no crime in abiding by the principles of Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance. The court adjourned and announced that the verdict would be delivered the following day.