Name: Liu Wensheng (刘永生)
Gender: Male
Age: 46
Address: Chengdu City, Sichuan Province
Occupation: Engineer
Date of Most Recent Arrest: July 12, 2012
Most recent place of detention:
Xinjin Detention Center (新津看守所)
City: Xinjin
Persecution Suffered:
Detention, fired from workplace, extortion, forced labor, beatings, torture, shocked with electric batons, home ransacked, brainwashing, sleep deprivation

( Falun Gong practitioner Mr. Liu Yongsheng, an engineer at the Chengdu Airplane Construction Company in Sichuan Province, was taken away on July 12, 2012 at the gate of the Xinjin Brainwashing Center by unidentified personnel. Witnesses to the illegal arrest (family members, attorneys and supporters of Falun Gong practitioners being held inside the brainwashing center) dialed the emergency dispatch number (110, similar to 911 in the U.S.) to report the abduction. When the Huaqiao police arrived and realized that the abduction had taken place at the brainwashing center, they said that the issue was out of their jurisdiction and left. Mr. Liu's whereabouts are currently unknown, but it is believed that he may currently be detained at the Xinjin Detention Center.

This is not the first time that Liu Yongsheng has experienced persecution. Mr. Liu appealed for justice for Falun Gong soon after the persecution began and was brutally beaten. He was also fired by his company. Later, when he visited a fellow practitioner in a hospital, he was arrested. In the detention center, Mr. Liu was brutally tortured and beaten. Then he was transferred to the Mianyang Xinhua Forced Labor Camp, where he was subjected to both physical and mental torture.

Once, because Mr. Liu tore off a poster in the hallway of the prison that was slandering the founder of Falun Gong, he was dragged to the office by guards and inmates serving as monitors. Two monitors hung up Mr. Liu by his arms while He Xuening, the political instructor, shocked Mr. Liu's head, face, neck, chest and hands using high-voltage batons. The pain was excruciating. A few days later, Fu Weidong, a team leader and guard Shen Rui shocked Mr. Liu again on his face, neck, ears, lips, arms, palms, chest and abdomen, shoulder, waist, back, thighs, and soles of his feet. The torture lasted for over an hour. Mr. Liu was in so much pain that he rolled on the ground. They kept shocking his mouth, which caused his lips to burn and swell. His entire face was deformed. Several days later it was still difficult for him to open his mouth to eat.

Because Liu Yongsheng could not go back home due to the long-term persecution, his wife was left on her own and had to take care of their child by herself. Especially after Mr. Liu was sent to the forced labor camp, the family could not handle the unbearable pressure and ongoing fear of the persecution, and his wife divorced him.

Not long after he returned home in September 2008, in order to resist being arrested again, Mr. Liu was again forced to become homeless. At the end of last year, Mr. Liu found a stable job, but he has once again been taken away. His whereabouts are not known, but it is believed that he may be detained at the Xinjin Detention Center..

Crimes Committed at the Xinjin Brainwashing Center

According to incomplete statistics, thousands of citizens have been detained at the Xinjin Brainwashing Center. Falun Gong practitioners who have been killed there include Deng Shufen, Li Xiaowen, Xie Deqing, Liu Shenglu and more.

Amongst them, Xie Deqing, a retiree from the Hydro China Chengdu Engineering Corporation was tortured to death while he was detained for more than twenty days at the Xinjin BrainwashingDetention Center. Before Xie Deqing died, he had become emaciated. His body was taken away in the night by a large contingent of police officers.

Presently, Mr. Liu Yongsheng might be held in the Xinjin County Detention Center. Currently, nobody is aware of additional information about his situation.