Name: Min Changchun(闵长春)
Address: Zhongxiang City, Hubei Province
Occupation: Unknown
Date of Most Recent Arrest: May 2012
Most recent place of detention: Shayang Fanjiatai Prison(沙洋范家台监狱)
City: Shian
Province: Hubei
Persecution Suffered: Detention, brutal beatings, interrogation, sleep deprivation, illegal sentencing, imprisonment, forced labor

( In May 2012, Mr. Min Changchun, a Falun Gong practitioner from Zhongxiang City and an alumnus of the Water Conservancy and Hydropower College at Wuhan University, was secretly given a five-year sentence in Wuhan City. He has been incarcerated in Shayang Fanjiatai Prison. This was the third time that he was illegally sentenced.

Out of the last 13 years, Mr. Min was in a prison for four years, where he was persecuted until he was in critical condition, and in a forced labor camp for one and a half years. He was arrested and savagely beaten four times by the First Division (National Security Division) of the Wuhan Police Department.

In 2000, Mr. Min was arrested by the First Division of the Wuhan Police Department and imprisoned on the fourth floor in No. 6, Qingdao Rd, Hanhou, Wuhan City, Hubei Province. He miraculously freed himself from the metal handcuffs and escaped from his tightly locked cell. The police were terrified when they discovered that he was missing. Their embarrassment made them angry. They were extremely cautious and malicious when they arrested him again.

On July 16, 2002, Mr. Min was beaten on the concrete by 7 or 8 plainclothes policemen, including Huang Haizhe, Zhang Ning, Liu Hua, and Kang Bao from the First Division of the Wuhan Police Department at the courtyard gate of the residential area. They stepped on his head, handcuffed him, forced him into a taxi, and blindfolded him. They took him to Wuhan Police Department in Gusaoshu, the Jianghan District, where they interrogate major cases. The police handcuffed him with two sets of handcuffs. They deprived him of sleep for several days and nights and took turns interrogating him. Dai Zhongwei, the captain, had others beat Mr. Min with an iron pipe wrapped in newspaper, so it wouldn't leave any traces. Huang Haizhe burned his legs and other parts of his body with boiling water and cruelly tortured him in different ways. He was imprisoned in several places, including the Wuhan City Second Detention Center and the Taojialing Detention Center in Hanyang. He was beaten black and blue and formed blood clots. His arm was severely sprained, and his hands, elbows, knees, feet, and face were severely bruised and injured. Scars remained after several years.

In September 2002, Hanyang District Court, under the control of the 610 Office, sentenced him to four years in prison for attempting to tap into the local cable TV to broadcast truth-clarifying programs. He was sent to Qinduankou Prison in Hubei Province. Zheng Mao, a prison guard there, instigated criminals to beat him repeatedly. He had severe injuries, and his life was in danger. On March 4, 2005, the prison hospital in Hubei Province, did emergency surgery. He came out of a coma 10 hours later.

On August 22, 2007, a policeman from the First Division of the Wuhan Police Department, who was driving a white sedan, crashed into Mr. Min, knocking him off his motorized bicycle. Several people jumped out of the car and beat him. They took his knapsack and other things that he was carrying, and brought him to the Wuhan Police Department. It was only then that he was informed that they were from the Wuhan Police Department. He lost his motor bicycle. He was then locked up in the Jiang'an District Detention Center in Wuhan City. On October 18, 2007, he was transferred to the Hewan Forced Labor Camp, where he remained for one and a half years. Mr. Min asked Kang Bao, Huang Haizhe, Zhang Ning and others from the Wuhan Police Department, “Why do you beat up, arrest and sentence a person for no reason who goes to work and does his job?” They only said, “You know the reason.” They didn't give Mr. Min any legal documents.

On September 27, 2011, Mr. Min was arrested again by police in Wuhan City. He was taken to the Wuhan City Second Detention Center. It is reported that Zhou Yongkang from Wuhan City instigated his arrest.

In May 2012, under the control of the Wuhan City Political and Judiciary Committee and the 610 Office, Mr. Min was secretly sentenced to five years. He is now in Shayang Fanjiatai Prison in Hubei Province.