(Minghui.org) At noon on May 9, 2012, when Falun Gong practitioners Mr. Gao Jiyin and his wife, Ms. Wang Yuhong, from Jinchang City, Gansu Province, returned home from work, they entered the door and saw six unfamiliar faces. Of the six, one was Pang Yanling, a female, and another was patrol captain Li Yuzhong.

It turned out that when their son had gotten home and opened the door, two men walked down the stairs and followed him in. One of them named Zhu, who called himself a “director,” made a phone call and said, “Someone is here.” State security captain Li Xuhe from Jinchuan Police Department in Jinchang City then rushed in and began to ransack the home. They did not show any documents. They took computers, Falun Gong books, removable hard drives, an MP5 player, a music player, and seven DVDs.

They handcuffed Mr. Gao. Ms. Wang would not go with them and held their 13-year-old son firmly. Three men then came up and pulled her out. She yelled, “My child!” Police Zhu would not let her speak and slapped her in the face. Another policeman stomped on her. Three men pulled her by her legs down three flights of stairs. Their son cried, “I want my dad! I want my mom!” Some of the neighbors were in tears and said, “This is so brutal.”

Mr. Gao and Ms. Wang were taken to Jinchuanlu Police Station, where they were tortured to “confess” until midnight. The next day at noon, Ms. Wang was sent to Yongchang Detention Center to be detained for 10 days. When they examined her, she was found to have pleurisy, and the detention center refused to accept her. However, Jinchuan Police Department Director Shi Wenquan (previously the director of Yongchang County Police Department) called and said, “You must admit her.”

Mr. Gao was sent to a Jinchuan Group Quit Smoking Center to be detained for 15 days.

Mr. Gao is 41 and Ms. Wang is 39. They used to have a very happy family. However, since the Chinese Communist regime began to persecute Falun Gong, they have been monitored, arrested, sentenced to prison, tortured in jail, and their home has been ransacked. Mr. Gao's father passed away due to the intense pressure and fear. Their son has lived in fear since he was five years old. When they were released from jail, the buildings of their shop and home had been destroyed. They had no home and had to do odd jobs to get by.

Obtained the Fa and Benefited Physically and Mentally

Mr. Gao and Ms. Wang used to live in the residential quarters of Baye Company on Guiyang Road. They were the children of Baye Company employees. When the company fell on hard times, their workers were told to stay at home and the company was not hiring workers' children. Thus Mr. Gao and Ms. Wang made a living with their shop. After they began practicing Falun Dafa in 1996, they followed Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance and benefited both mentally and physically. Ms. Wang previously had sinusitis for many years and also had hereditary migraines. They were both cured after practicing Falun Gong. The couple were very honest in their business. In 2003, Mr. Gao took back some goods that he had ordered and discovered that the seller had taken 200 yuan less. He immediately went back to return the money. The seller was very touched. The couple also frequently repaired the sewage system for local residents without charge.

Mr. Gao's father, Mr. Gao Shangxian, used to smoke and drink a lot and his health was in a very bad condition. He was very underweight and suffered from migraines. After he practiced Falun Gong, he naturally gave up smoking and drinking. He gained weight and became much more energetic. After the persecution of Falun Gong started on July 20, 1999, due to pressure and fear, he gave up cultivation. After his son and daughter-in-law were arrested and persecuted, he faced even more pressure. Eventually he got stomach cancer and passed away in June 2006. Because they had been arrested, he was not able to see his son and daughter-in-law one last time.

Monitoring and Home Ransacking

In 2004, agent Liang Bo of the National Security Agency in Jinchang City went to the couple's shop many times, pretending he was looking for someone, asking for something, or even that he was a trash collector. In the summer, Liang would drive a car into the place across from the shop to monitor them day and night. Not until they were arrested did they find out that he was an agent who had monitored and followed them for a long time.

Around 8 p.m. on October 15, 2004, officers Liang Bo, Li Xinhua, Li Tingqin (female), and Guo from Jinchang Police Department State Security and officers from Jinchuanlu Police Station and Guangzhou Road Police Station, more than 10 people altogether, entered the shop and prevented customers from going in. They did not show any legal documents and started ransacking the place. At the time only Ms. Wang and their 5-year-old son were there.

Mr. Gao arrived on his bike, but before he got off, four or five officers jumped up and pulled him off. They beat and kicked him, tied him up with a rope and then threw him into a black car. They drove the couple to their home and began to ransack it. When Ms. Wang yelled, “The police are arresting good people,” one of the officers jumped up, grabbed her hair, and pulled her out. Their son was so scared that he didn't dare to make a sound. There was no one at home when the couple got arrested, and for several days, there was no one to take care of him. Finally some kind neighbors found out and called the child's grandparents, who then came in and took him to their home.

Mr. Gao was taken to Jinchang City State Security Bureau during the night and interrogated and ordered confess for 48 hours straight. On the 17th, he was taken to Jinchang City Detention Center. Ms. Wang was taken to Jinchang City Quit Smoking Center that night. Around 2 p.m. the next day, she was taken to the Jinchuanlu Police Station. The police handcuffed her to a bed frame and pressured her to confess until the afternoon of the 16th. She was then taken to the Jinchang City Detention Center.

After the couple were arrested, the Jinchang City 610 Office personnel again went to their shop. They threatened the couple's parents to turn in Falun Gong materials, and lied to them that by doing so it would make things easier on the couple. They also took away the couple's proof of residence, personal IDs, and photos. When the family later went to ask for these documents back, only the proof of residence was returned. Their personal IDs and the photos are still being held.

The couple resisted the persecution with hunger strikes, but they were brutally force-fed. Mr. Gao was taken to the hospital, where they inserted a tube through his nose into his stomach. Mr. Gao's nose still bleeds frequently. The detention center's director, Xu Fuyou, and deputy director Chen Guomin instigated male prisoners to force feed Ms. Wang. They got her on the ground, held her arms down, and force-fed her a thick gruel. After several days of force-feeding, the corners of Ms. Wang's mouth were pulled and bleeding and she was in a bad condition.

When the couple were held in the detention center, they were not allowed to have visitors and could not receive the goods their family sent them. All information was restricted as the detention center tried to change their beliefs. When Ms. Wang and four other female practitioners refused to have their pictures taken, guard Chen (he has been transferred) instigated male prisoners to pull them out, and all their clothes were torn to pieces.

On December 3, 2004, Li Xuhe and Fan Yongming from Jichuan Police Department arrested the couple again. The couple were secretly put on trial on February 6, 2005, and again in March 2005. Mr. Gao was sentenced to five years in prison and Ms. Wang to three years.

Brutal Torture and Brainwashing in Prison

On July 20, 2005, it was raining very hard. Xu Fuyou, Chen Guomin, and Gan Xiaolan took the couple to the prison. The couple were first taken to the Lanzhou Forced Labor Camp Hospital for physicals. Ms. Wang did not cooperate and yelled “Falun Dafa is good! Stop the persecution!” Xu pulled her hair and the prison doctors closed the doors and windows tightly. They forcibly took her blood and sent her to the Lanzhou Women's Jail. Three officers held her arm and took her fingerprints.

In prison, Ms. Wang refused to write the guarantee statement to give up practicing Falun Gong and was put in solitary confinement. Later she was transferred to the fourth prison district and again put in solitary confinement. These confined cells have windows without glass and are extremely cold in the winter. The police forced her to sit on an iron chair, with her legs apart on both sides and her hands handcuffed on the legs of the bench, forcing her back into a forward position the whole time. When she started to menstruate, the blood soaked her pants and got all over the chair. Prison director Duan Shengcheng (male) went in and cursed at her, saying things like “Look, don't you look like a dog!” After seven days of such torture, her blood pressure got extremely high and they finally sent her back into the regular prison district. The prison district director, Wen Yaqin, (female) gathered more than 200 prisoners to openly criticize and humiliate Ms. Wang.

At the end of December 2005, the jail started another round of persecution of Falun Gong practitioners. Instructor Hou Junhong of the Fourth Prison District (female) and prison police Yang Xiaofen (female) were the most outspoken in persecuting Falun Gong practitioners. They instigated four or five prisoners to monitor each practitioner and would not let the practitioners sleep. Whenever the practitioners closed their eyes, other prisoners would push and torture them. In the daytime, the practitioners were forced to watch DVDs that slandered Falun Gong. As a result of the mental and physical torture, Ms. Wang ended up in an extremely bad condition. When she was taken to the Lanzhou Forced Labor Hospital (also known as Kangtai Hospital), the doctor who examined her said to the prison staff, “You people really tortured her. If you had brought her in just a little later, she would have been dead.”

The diagnosis at the time was tuberculosis and her hemoglobin count was only 7g. She was hospitalized for more 20 days and then again taken back to the Fourth Prison District. They again gathered many prisoners to criticize and humiliate her while forcing her to stand in front of the crowd. She was still very weak and could not stand for long, but Yang Xiaofen yelled, “If you don't cooperate, I'll make you stand for several days and see how long you can make it!” With this kind of intense torture, Ms. Wang's situation worsened until she was again taken to the hospital. She was diagnosed with pleuritis and her pleura was already in adhesion. She had to undergo to have a drainage tube inserted. What came out the tube was all pus and blood. The first time the tube was too thin, and it got blocked up, so they switched to a thicker tube.

Lanzhou Prison authorities saw that Ms. Wang was going to die soon, and they did not want to take any responsibility, so they released her. Even in this situation, Lanzhou Prison, Jinchang City 610 Office, and Jinchuanlu Police Station still tried to force her to write a “guarantee” that she would not practice Falun Gong. They were certain that there was no way she would live much longer. Police officer Li Xuhe even heard that Ms. Wang had died and asked another practitioner, “There was another young Falun Gong practitioner who just died, right?” However, after Ms. Wang went home, she persisted in studying the Fa and doing the exercises and she soon recovered. It again showed the miraculous power of Falun Gong.

Mr. Gao was sent to Lanzhou Prison on July 20, 2005. Because he refused to cooperate, he was transferred to Wuwei Prison on December 30, and on December 31, he and over 20 other practitioners were secretly sent to Jiuquan Prison. The Jiupuan Prison used brutal tortures to forcibly “transform” Falun Gong practitioners. Practitioners were forced to stay awake for long periods of time and to watch DVDs that slandered Falun Gong. The police also instigated prisoners to brutally beat practitioners. After Mr. Gao was kicked in the ribs, he was in pain for three months and could hardly get on the bed by himself. The police often told the prisoners to hit the soft area under the ribs of the practitioners so that the injury couldn't be seen from the outside. As a result of the prolonged mental and physical torture, Mr. Gao's hair all turned white, whatever he said didn't make much sense, he often could not fall asleep, his cervical spine always hurt, and he had no strength in his fingers. After he returned home, Jiuquan Prison still ordered the local residence committee to “check” on Mr. Gao to see if he was still practicing Falun Gong. They went to his home to harass him several times.

People responsible for persecuting this couple:

Meng Youzhu, deputy mayor who is in control of the Politics and Legal Committee, +86-13993583668(Cell)

Shi Wenquan, male, born in October 1962 in Lanzhou City. Previously Yongchang County Police Department director. Currently Jinchang City Police Department deputy director and Jinchuan Police Department director.
Li Xuhe, Jinchuan Police Department State Security captain
Zhao Yufu, deputy secretary, Comprehensive Management Office director: +86-935-8329099, +86-13830567712(Cell)

Gao Jianping, Jinchuan Road Police Station director: +86-935-8396355, +86-13909458083(Cell)