(Minghui.org) Shijing Police Station agents in Shenzhen City illegally arrested Mr. Sun Jiefeng and Mr. Deng Tiansheng on April 22, 2011. Both practitioners have been incarcerated in the Longgang District Detention Center for over a year. Longgang District Court recently sentenced Mr. Sun to 2 years and 10 months in prison and Mr. Deng to 1 year and 3 months in prison. Mr. Sun is in the process of appealing the verdict.

Mr. Sun is from Jieyang, Guangdong, and Mr. Deng is from Huizhou, Guangdong. Both men worked in the Pingshan District of Shenzhen at the time of the arrest.

The Universiade Games were hosted in Shenzhen in 2011. Under the pretense of maintaining security for the event, the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) authorities arrested and incarcerated many Falun Gong practitioners in the area. On April 22, 2011, the Shenzhen 610 Office brought over 20 agents from the city's Domestic Security Division, the Longgang District 610 Office, the Pinshanxin District 610 Office and the Shijing Police Station to arrest Mr. Sun and Mr. Deng, while the two men were having dinner at work.

Shortly after their arrests, the company they worked for was forced to shut down and its owner was also arrested. The authorities held the owner for several days, but released him after confirming that he was not a Falun Gong practitioner.

The police illegally searched Mr. Deng's house, but could not find anything to incriminate him. They viciously beat Mr. Deng in an attempt to force him to confess to a crime.

Mr. Sun and Mr. Deng have been imprisoned in the Longgang District Detention Center in Shenzhen for over a year. Their families have not been allowed to visit them. The families appealed to many government offices, but no one has been willing to help.

Mr. Sun and His Family Have Suffered 13 Years of Persecution

Mr. Sun used to work in the Jieyang City Museum. He was known to be very honest, capable, and hardworking, and his supervisor trusted him. After the Chinese Communist Party began to persecute Falun Gong practitioners in 1999, the Jieyang City 610 Office arrested Mr. Sun many times and incarcerated him in a labor camp. Mr. Sun was tortured in the Sanshui Forced Labor Camp in 2001.

On April 27, 2002, Mr. Sun was arrested in Dongshanpo, Jieyang, and taken to the Jieyang City First Detention Center. Yang Rongyi, head of the Jieyang City 610 Office, Huang Wanbiao, captain of Domestic Security Bureau, and Wang (first name unknown) and Pan Junyang from the local police department participated in the arrest. Mr. Sun was tortured around the clock for two days in the detention center. Afterward, he was imprisoned and tortured in the Sanshui Forced Labor Camp for 2 years.

After Mr. Sun was released, his parents were worried that Jieyang city 610 Office agents would persecute him again. Thus, they asked him to quit his job in the museum and find work in another town. Mr. Sun was likewise concerned that his parents were constantly harassed and threatened by the authorities. Therefore, he followed their advice and quit his job, even though his supervisor urged him to stay. Mr. Sun found a new job in Shenzhen.

On March 30, 2005, Mr. Sun was arrested while visiting another practitioner, Mr. Liu Yu. Both men were detained in the Longgang District Detention Center for 10 months. The Longgang District Procuratorate tried them in court twice but failed to convict them. Mr. Sun and Mr. Liu were subsequently released.

Mr. Sun then found another job in the Pingshan District. He used a different name and was able to live peacefully for a while. During this time, his wife Ms. Liu Ziyun, who is also a Falun Gong practitioner, gave birth to a baby girl.

The family was soon persecuted again, however. Both Mr. Sun and Ms. Liu were arrested on April 22, 2011. Mr. Sun's elderly parents were left to take care of their granddaughter, who was a little over one year old at the time.

Ms. Liu was released 7 months later. In addition to working to support the family financially, she has had to take care of her in-laws, who are in their 70s, and raise her daughter by herself. A happy family has been shattered due to the persecution.

Parties involved in the persecution:

Zhang Jun, prosecutor, Longgang District Procuratorate in Shenzhen City: +86-13923744513 (Cell)

Wang Hao, Pingshan Police Department: +86-755-33281389 (Office), +86-13828861389 (Cell)

Lin Xianyun, Pingshan Police Department: +86-755-33299998 (Office), +86-13802269663 (Cell)

Liu Dan, Pingshan Police Department: +86-755-33295666 (Office), +86-13632660700 (Cell)

Zhang Xuhua, Pingshan Police Department: +86-755-33295999 (Office), +86-13600158008 (Cell)

Di Xiangdong, Pingshan Police Department: +86-755-33290999 (Office), +86-13902924156 (Cell)

Huang Sheng, Pingshan Police Department: +86-755-33296999 (Office), +86-13823268315 (Cell)

Du Wenhui, Pingshan Police Department: 0755-33293688 (Office), +86-13510011881 (Cell)

Hu Guoquan, deputy Party secretary in Longgang District, Shenzhen City, in charge of persecuting Falun Gong practitioners: +86-13902903999, +86-13510370333, +86-13560719333

Jiang Wenqiu, presiding judge, Longgang District Court in Shenzhen City

Xu Guang, former presiding judge, Longgang District Court in Shenzhen City

Li Jianru, Longgang District commissioner, deputy secretary of Longgang Political and Legislative Affairs Committee
Zou Xianghe, deputy chief of Longgang District 610 Office
Wang Shu, deputy director of Longgang District General Administrative Office
Tang Jianxin, deputy director of Stability Preservation Office of Longgang District
Hu Gengxiang, deputy Party secretary of Longgang District, director of Stability Preservation Office of Longgang District