Name: Tan Jinhui (谭金会)
Gender: Female
Age: 67
Address: Xinhua Town, Guanghan City, Sichuan Province
Occupation: Unknown
Date of Death: September 25, 2011
Date of Most Recent Arrest: September 14, 2006
Most Recent Place of Detention: Sichuan Province Women's Prison (四川省女子监狱)
City: Jianyang
Province: Sichuan
Persecution Suffered: Detention, illegal sentencing, imprisonment, interrogation, brainwashing, hanging up, forced injections, beatings, torture, sleep deprivation, forced to stand still for a long period of time, forced labor, home ransacked

( Over the past ten years, Falun Gong practitioner Ms. Tan Jinhui from Sichuan Province was continually persecuted by the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) because of her belief. Her home was ransacked, she was illegally detained, send to forced labor, a brainwashing center and prison. Ms. Tan passed away on September 25, 2011, after a long period of physical deterioration brought on by abuse in detention. She was 67 years old.

In October 2000, Ms. Tan was arrested by the Xinhua Town Police of Guanghan City, Sichuan Province, because she was caught passing out flyers about Falun Gong. Jiang Tianxing brutally beat her with a steel ruler at the police station. Mr. Tan was later detained at the Guanghan Detention Center for 27 days.

On October 13, 2001, without any valid reason, officers from the Xinhua Town Police Station arrested Ms. Tan at her home. She was sentenced to forced labor for a year and a half, and was sent to the Provincial Labor Camp for Women at Nanmusi in Zizhong County. An additional 87 days were added to her term without any legal procedure.

In March 2004, policemen Li Wei, Jiao Zongjun, Chen Shaoyong and others from the Xinhua Police Station ransacked Ms. Tan's home without a warrant and remained stationed outside her home for eight days. Ms. Tan was thus unable to return home and was homeless for six months.

In August 2005, Ms. Tan was arrested again. She was sent to the Hexing Brainwashing Center in Guanghan. This brainwashing center is specifically for the persecution of Falun Gong practitioners.

September 14, 2006, Ms. Tan was arrested at Xinglong Market by six officers including Jiao Zongjun and Li Wei of the Xinhua Police Station, Yang Bing, Hou Jinming and others from the Domestic Security Division of the Guanghan Police Department. They twisted Ms. Tan's arms behind her back, severely injuring her left hand. She never regained the strength of her left hand. She was sent to the Guanghan Detention Center and was later sentenced to three years in prison by the Guanghan City Court on June 25, 2007. She was sent to the Provincial Prison for Women in Yangma Town, Jiangyang County.

Ms. Tan was held in Ward 5 upon arriving at the prison. A female prison guard with the last name of Deng interrogated Ms. Tan. Ms. Tan defended her legal right to her spiritual belief. Deng accused Ms. Tan of being stubborn and transferred her to Ward 9 that afternoon. Because Ms. Tan refused to be “transformed,” in late January 2008 she was transferred from Ward 9 to Ward 1 (the “strict management” ward). On one occasion, Ms. Tan was hung up by her handcuffs for over an hour, cutting off her circulation and causing excruciating pain.

Ms. Tan recalled, “One day in August 2008, I felt weak all over and needed to take a nap. A prison guard from Ward 1 told two prisoners to take me to the prison hospital. Because I did not want to go, the guard told the two prisoners to drag me there by the arms. They did all kinds of tests on me, like EKGs, etc. I was nearly unconscious from all the torment. Then, they gave me a shot against my will.”

The 610 Office of Xiaohan Town brought Ms. Tan home on September 13, 2009. By January 2010, she had much physical discomfort and general weakness, which became more and more severe, to the point that she was unable to turn over in bed. Her son had to assist her with everything, from washing up to getting dressed. Ms. Tan had no physical strength, she had difficulty eating and swallowing, and she could hardly walk. She had symptoms of chemical poisoning such as excessive drooling and nasal secretions. Her condition became worse and worse, and she passed away on September 25, 2011.

Related Articles: