Name: Lv Songming (吕松明)
Gender: Male
Age: 44
Address: Xiangtan, Hunan
Occupation: History teacher at the Xiangtan Electric Machinery Factory Hongdian Secondary School
Date of Most Recent Arrest: February 2007
Most Recent Place of Detention: Jinshi Prison in Changde City (常德津市监狱)
City: Changde
Province: Hunan
Persecution Suffered: Electric shock, forced labor, illegal sentencing, beatings, imprisonment, torture, fired from workplace, physical restraint, detention, forced feedings

( Falun Gong practitioner Lv Songming from Xiangtan City was unjustly sentenced to prison twice and jailed for a total of 10 years. He was subjected to brutal torture in prison, such as having his hands and legs shackled for long periods of time, being cruelly forced-fed and fed with excrement, having his head struck so viciously that he had a severe concussion, as well as other forms of mistreatment and abuse. As a result of the torture, Mr. Lv suffered from acute heart disease and his life was in danger many times. On February 3, he finished his sentence and was released.

Family Destroyed as a Result of Persecution by the Communist Regime

Lv Songming is 44 years old this year. He graduated from Hunan Normal University's History Department and was a history teacher at Xiangtan Electric Machinery Factory Hongdian Secondary School. He began to practice Falun Gong in 1996 and became a healthy, sincere, and kind person. He was previously given a good Samaritan award by Xiangtan City.

After the Chinese Communist regime began to persecute Falun Gong on July 20, 1999, Mr. Lv went to Beijing to appeal for the right to practice in 2000. He was arrested and put in a police vehicle in Tiananmen Square. When he unfurled a banner with the words “Falun Dafa Is Good” and displayed it in the car window, several officers kicked and beat him. One of them grabbed the banner, choked him with it, and dragged him from the corridor into a room. Later on, he was locked up in a traffic police team garage located on the outskirts of Beijing. He found a banner with the words “Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance is good”and displayed it among other detained practitioners. The police snatched his banner and beat him ruthlessly. As a result of the beating, his head was bleeding and his body was covered with bruises.


Torture Re-enactment: Brutal beatings

Mr. Lv was fired from his job in 2001. On March 11, 2001, he was picked up for giving out Falun Gong brochures and illegally sentenced to five years in prison. He was taken to Chishan Prison in Yiyang City and later transferred to Jinshi Prison in Changde City and to Wuling Prison in Changde City. He was tortured while in prison. His wife divorced him when he was released in 2006, and the court gave his wife custody of their son, as well as posession of their house. He lost everything as a result of the persecution. To make a living, he shined shoes.

Sentenced to Five Years in Prison a Second Time and Released When He Was in Critical Condition

Less than a year after Mr. Lv was released from prison, on February 2007, he was arrested again for telling the facts to people in Xingzipu Town in Shuangfeng County. He was sentenced to five years in prison and detained in the 7th Ward of Jinshi Prison in Changde City.

In order to pressure practitioners to give up their belief, guards in Jinshi Prison tortured practitioners cruelly. Mr. Lv refused to give up his belief or do any forced labor. As a result, the guards kept hitting his head until he had a concussion as well as chest pains.

In the first half of 2011, in order to “transform” practitioners, the guards tried to get Mr. Lv's family to force him to give up Falun Gong. However, he did not succumb to the pressure. The guards then resorted to brutally torturing those practitioners who refused to be “transformed.” Nearly 20 of them were tortured and forced to do excessive labor for as long as 14 hours a day. The guards also instigated convicts to tie up Mr. Lv's mouth with the sleeve of his clothing and twist his arms behind his head. They ordered two prisoners to drag him along as they jogged. Mr Lv's teeth became loose and fell out, one after another. Five months later, he had only six teeth left.

Guards also ordered convicts to grab his head and hit it against the wall until he had a severe concussion. His heart beat became irregular, and he suffered from heart spasms. Because he had been tortured for long periods of time, several times Mr. Lv nearly died, and even the convicts were frightened. They told the guards to stop torturing him or he might die.

In the second half of 2011, because Mr. Lv was on the brink of death from being tortured, prison guards finally allowed his family to visit him. However, by then, he was dying and had lost nearly all his teeth.