Evil Deeds Committed by Zhou Yongkang in the Persecution of Falun Gong over the Past Two Years
(Clearwisdom.net) Central Political and Judiciary Committee head Zhou Yongkang visited several provinces and cities in China between 2010 and 2011, deploying personnel and overseeing the persecution of Falun Gong. He has committed countless crimes. Following is a partial list of Zhou’s evildoings in the persecution of Falun Gong.
In April 2011, Zhou visited Yunnan Province, urging officials there to accelerate the persecution of Falun Gong by organizing brainwashing centers. In May he went to Wuhan City and had a large number of practitioners arrested. In June he went to Hunan Province, intensifying the persecution there. In July he went to Shanghai, and in November he went to Xi’an and Hanzhong City in Shaanxi Province, urging officials there to organize brainwashing centers to persecute practitioners. At the end of November he went to Xinjiang Autonomous Region (AR), and in December he went to Guizhou Province. Wherever he went, he urged officials to intensify the persecution, resulting in many practitioners being arrested and sent to brainwashing centers.
One typical case involved Zhou ordering the arrest of Falun Gong practitioner Li Xupeng in Xi'an City. Shortly after Zhou left Xi’an, Xi’an City and Domestic Security Team agents went to Guangzhou City on November 25, 2001 and arrested Li Xupeng there. More than a dozen heavily armed officers wearing body armor broke into Mr. Li’s rented room, ransacked it and arrested him. This was Mr. Li's eighth arrest. He was sent back to Xi’an before the New Year and is now missing.
Partial List of Zhou’s Crimes in Persecuting Falun Gong (from 2010 to 2011)
From the end of 2009 to early 2010, Zhou Yongkang specifically instructed the courts and other departments to take action against Falun Gong, ordering them to deal with the cases of Falun Gong practitioners quickly and severely.
(1) From April 14 to 15 in 2010, Zhou made a special trip to Shanghai, to Jiaxing City in Zhejiang Province, and Kunshan in Jiangsu Province and other places. The practitioners in the surrounding areas of Shanghai were harassed and arrested in the name of the World Expo. Officials said that their superiors requested the practitioners in these cities not to go to Shanghai.
(2) In April 2010, a joint letter appealing for a Falun Gong practitioner to be declared innocent attracted unexpected attention. According to an official statement, Zhou Yongkang personally ordered an investigation. 376 villagers in Qingyuan County, Fushun City, Liaoning Province signed a joint letter, appealing for practitioner Xu Dawei who died as a result of torture at the Dongling Prison in Shenyang City, to be declared innocent of all charges. Due to the regime’s special investigation, a number of overseas media covered this news. This became known as "the joint letter event.” Heads of the Qingyuan County Bureau of Justice and the Police Department drove to remote villages in April 7 to personally investigate this joint letter. They investigated who initiated it and threatened the villagers not to pursue this matter.
(3) On June 20, 2010 Zhou went to Chengdu City to chair the National Conference of the Political and Judiciary Committee.
(4) On June 25, 2010 Zhou went to Harbin City. At 2:20 p.m. that day Zhou went to the Harbin City Intermediate Court.
(5) At the end of July 2010 or early August, 610 Office agents held a meeting in Wuhan City, Hubei Province. It was reported that Zhou repeated Jiang’s original command at the meeting, to “eradicate Falun Gong in three months.” He also allocated funds for the persecution of Falun Gong.
(6) In August 2010, Zhou went to the No. 505 Plant in Meishan City, Sichuan Province, where Falun Gong practitioners were detained at a brainwashing center.
(7) In September 2010, Zhou went to Huaihua City and ordered officials there to intensify the persecution. Officials from Huaihua City and the 610 Office continuously harassed practitioners’ families, or threatened practitioners or their families to sign certain documents. More than 10 practitioners were arrested and taken to the Huaihua Brainwashing Center. These practitioners were from Huaihua City and from areas surrounding Xiangxi AR.
(8) On November 15, 2010, Zhou went to the Wanzhou District in Chongqing and on November 16, to Chongqing. On November 15 and 16, Zhou, Chongqing Party head Bo Xilai and police department head Wang Lijun met with the communities to instruct local CCP agents to suppress and arrest appealing visitors, dissidents, religious people and Falun Gong practitioners.
Before Zhou went to Chongqing, on October 23 personnel from the Wanzhou District 610 Office and Domestic Security Team organized a series of arrests. They arrested practitioner He Yuanlian, Xiong Ran, Liu Dengxiu, Tao Yukui, Qiu Xiangzhen, Liu Li, Wei Dabi, Luo Hongfen and Qin, and detained them at Zhoujiaba Brainwashing Center in Wanzhou District.
On November 16, Chongqing 610 Office and Domestic Security Team agents arrested dozens of practitioners in order to obtain Zhou Yongkan and Bo Xilai’s favor.
(9) On November 23, 2010, Zhou arrived in Jining City from Jinan City, Shandong Province. He went to the Zhong District Court in Jining, where officials had sentenced practitioners to prison for many years.
The evening of November 12, 2010, under Zhou's urging, two arrests took place in Jinan City. About ten practitioners were arrested, and their homes were ransacked. On December 7, Shandong Province 610 Office agents went to Jining City and stayed at the Huanghuai Hotel. City and District 610 Office persecutors ordered street committee personnel to inform the local practitioners to attend the meeting, and then forced these practitioners to sign a “Guarantee Letter.”
(10) In November 2010, Falun Gong practitioners broadcasted a Falun Gong information recording through the regime controlled Dalian Transportation Radio Station. Zhou went to Dalian City and mobilized all the police and even army troops, and personally dispatched them to arrest practitioners.
(11) In early April 2011, Zhou went to Wuhan City. Two weeks later the first wave of arrests of Falun Gong practitioners reached a peak. On April 20, Wuhan 610 Office agents arrested at least ten practitioners almost at the same time. That number increased to at least 16 within three days. At the end of May, a month after the first wave, they arrested at least 45 practitioners. Since the arrests in April 2011, at least 18 practitioners were locked up at the Wuhan City Brainwashing Center (Yangyuan Brainwashing Center), and at least nine practitioners were detained at the Hubei Province Brainwashing Center (Banqiao Brainwashing Center). At least seven practitioners were detained at the Etouwan Brainwashing Center in the Qiaokou District, at least six practitioners were detained at the Chenjiaji Brainwashing Center in the Jiangan District, and at least 11 practitioners were detained at the Erpeng Brainwashing Center in the Jianghan District.
These arrests were related to Zhou’s visit to Wuhan City in early April. As per Zhou's order, the police department did set up a joint action team, which spied on, monitored and followed practitioners.
(12) In May 2011, after Zhou went to Yunnan Province, 610 Office agents arrested many practitioners in May or June. Some police officers said, "Our superiors ordered us to arrest them."
Under Zhou's secret orders, while visiting Yunnan Province, Kunming City 610 Office officials and those from the Kunming City Police Department arrested practitioners Chen Huanli, Zhang Xiaohua, Zhang Xiaoyun, Dong Biwei, Gu Liqing, Ding Guiying, Peng Zhenglan, Guo and others on May 11, 2011.
(13) In June 2011, Zhou Yongkang went to Hunan Province, exacerbating the persecution there. A local prison formed a special team for persecuting practitioners.
(14) On July 4 or 5, 2011, Zhou Yongkang went to Shanghai.
(15) On August 22, 2011, under Zhou’s instruction, Qijiang County Political and Judiciary Committee and 610 Office agents in Chongqing formed several brainwashing sessions. In addition to the officers from the county police department, the procuratorate and court, personnel from other work places and community committees took joint action to arrest Falun Gong practitioners and detain them in brainwashing centers.
On May 28, 2011, practitioner Wang Guilan was taken to the city detention center. The police assumed she was one of the planners for hanging banners in April 2010 that exposed the Shenyang City Military General Hospital's participation in organ harvesting from living Falun Gong practitioners. (After the crime of Shenyang General Hospital's participation in organ-harvesting was exposed, Zhou went to Shenyang to arrange the persecution of Falun Gong practitioners.)
(16) At around 8 a.m. on October 27, 2011, Wuhan City practitioner Yun Xiao (formerly known as Wang Xueming) was arrested at his workplace in Hankou. The headquarters of “Fude School” in Wuhan and its branches in Nanchang, Wuchang, Hankou, Maodian had been searched and forced to close. Zhou Yongkang was personally involved in this action and scheduled the persecution as one of the major national cases. Fude School in Wuhan and various branches in China were closed that same day, October 27, 2011. A number of staff were taken away, and some teachers were arrested. The couple Yun Xiao and Wen Qiu (pen names) were arrested. Some teachers left, and a number of teachers were put under house arrest. All students were returned to their original places. Yun Xiao is still missing.
(17) In early November 2011, Zhou went to Xi'an City. Taoyuan Road Police Station officers arrested many practitioners. Then Zhou went to Hanzhong City, urging persecutors there to set up brainwashing centers. Shortly after Zhou left Hanzhong, agents from that city's 610 Office arrested several practitioners. They held a brainwashing session on November 22.
(18) In November 2011, after Zhou finished arranging the persecution of Falun Gong in Shaanxi Province, he went to Xinjiang AR, where he held a meeting to slander Falun Gong and made arrangement to persecute Falun Gong practitioners. The local agents organized an exhibition at the Xinjiang Science and Technology Museum to attack Falun Gong. On November 25, Zhou held a work conference in Xinjiang. Following that, the local agents in Xinjiang forced people to sign a "commitment card," to mislead and trick people into creating conflict with Falun Gong.
(19) In December 2011, Zhou visited Guizhou Province. Under Zhou’s instructions, some primary and secondary schools broadcast slanderous messages on the radio and forced students to write articles that attacked Dafa. Also under Zhou’s instructions, officers from the police department, procuratorate, court and community offices took photos of practitioners’ homes and forced their relatives to sign papers, threatening and blackmailing them in the process.
(20) On February 6, 2012, Zhou Yongkang, together with You Fan and Pang Hong, held a secret meeting in Guiyang City, plotting the persecution of practitioners. The morning of February 6, 2012, Zhou convened a meeting, requesting government officials and the police department, Procuratorate, court personnel to make arrangements to persecute practitioners.
Zhou Yongkang is one of the chief culprits who is actively implementing Jiang's persecution policy. Wherever he goes, Falun Gong practitioners are arrested, the persecution is aggravated or brainwashing centers are established, and people's minds are poisoned. He must be punished by law and justice.